I did a 3D scan of myself!

Nairy

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share this, at one of my troops recently I got 3D scanned, and I'm going to get a 3D printed copy of this very soon that I'm going to paint and have as a statue at home!

If I get ahold of the file, maybe I could make it available to everyone if you want to print a screen accurate TK and have at home? :) Edit: File here

Height of model: 180,79cm || 71,1771654 inches

tGzwGeT.png

dyYcJe5.png

ZCppTPs.png

• Like 11

I got ahold of the file! You can download it here if you're interested! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u_wth6ped_-yPAbB77Bcm69MxmqWV2xv/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh that's awesome! I have a resin printer with transparent blue resin which I've been wanting to use to make a hologram and this model would be perfect for it!

I'll post a picture here once its finished printing

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Totally forgot to post a picture, but it turned out great!

I've printed 3 so far. First one had a print bed issue, so you had a really flat foot. Second one was good, the last one I made larger sized.

jeSXJjH.jpg

Edited by Coolajxl
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Coolajxl said:

I've printed 3 so far. First one had a print bed issue, so you had a really flat foot. Second one was good, the last one I made larger sized.

WAY cool, Eric!  I honestly would not even paint it.  Being translucent, if you could find (or make) a lighted stand to put it on top of it would make one heck of a display piece!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Coolajxl said:

jeSXJjH.jpg

Omg that is so cool!!! Amazing idea as a hologram!!

• Like 2

Cool!  A few years ago at a con there was a booth doing 3D scans.  At the time I didn't need a scan of myself but if I ever get that chance again I'm digging out the wallet and getting one in my armor too after seeing yours and remembering this!  Bart

• Like 2

10 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

WAY cool, Eric!  I honestly would not even paint it.  Being translucent, if you could find (or make) a lighted stand to put it on top of it would make one heck of a display piece!

Yep! That's the idea! Need to find a good light though. Someone I was talking to before who did something similar in the past got a puck light on Amazon.

• Like 2

These are quite cheap and make a good base.

stand.png.31b927bc53e508e355e3be3279dd349f.png

I did see a 3D outer shell "Star Wars" inspired, which goes over these stands in my travels, I'll have to see if I can track it down again

• Like 3

On 11/19/2023 at 4:57 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

These are quite cheap and make a good base.

stand.png.31b927bc53e508e355e3be3279dd349f.png

I did see a 3D outer shell "Star Wars" inspired, which goes over these stands in my travels, I'll have to see if I can track it down again

Oh yeah! I work at the makerspace at my college and we had a guy laser cutting clear acrylic pieces which go into these. They look very nice and not a bad idea for a hologram.

I actually ended up going with these puck lights on amazon. They are battery powered which is good for holding in my hand which will hopefully look nice in fun pictures and such.

I'll post a picture once they come in and I mess around with it a bit!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RQMC2S2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

image.png.f5117a588a04f970d878b28d2eee8017.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Coolajxl said:

Oh yeah! I work at the makerspace at my college and we had a guy laser cutting clear acrylic pieces which go into these. They look very nice and not a bad idea for a hologram.

I actually ended up going with these puck lights on amazon. They are battery powered which is good for holding in my hand which will hopefully look nice in fun pictures and such.

I'll post a picture once they come in and I mess around with it a bit!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RQMC2S2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

image.png.f5117a588a04f970d878b28d2eee8017.png

Excited!! I'm interested in getting my hands on one if you can handle the hassle of sending it over to Sweden (paying myself ofc) :laugh1: Otherwise I'll try to make it with the help of some friends with 3d printers over here!

• Like 1

Wow, that looks awesome translucent, stick it on one of those light bases and bam instant hologram Star Wars style.

Nice work Nairy.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2023 at 2:15 AM, Nairy said:

Excited!! I'm interested in getting my hands on one if you can handle the hassle of sending it over to Sweden (paying myself ofc) :laugh1: Otherwise I'll try to make it with the help of some friends with 3d printers over here!

For sure! We can definitely work something out!

The light pucks have arrived and I’ve messed around with them a little bit. They are REALLY bright, I’m going to try masking off some of the light so it isn’t as bright outwards and focuses more on the statue.

Pictures in the next comment

• Like 1

So I might need to trim off the base that came with the scan which should be easy enough

Most of the glare of the light is because of my screen protector on my phone camera, but it is pretty bright nonetheless so I will add something to lessen that

Larger statue

1oMjQrV.jpg

X4frxkr.jpg

Smaller statue

JCILfnT.jpg

hRGaQSk.jpg

• Like 4

Gosh the smaller one looks incredible! More hologram-like than the bigger one even! I'm so happy that this little scan thing could turn out useful somehow! :D 

• Like 1

Just now, Nairy said:

Gosh the smaller one looks incredible! More hologram-like than the bigger one even! I'm so happy that this little scan thing could turn out useful somehow! :D 

...at lest when looking at thees pictures! How does it look in real life?

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 9:00 AM, Nairy said:

...at lest when looking at thees pictures! How does it look in real life?

It looks very cool in real life!

I need to mess around with it more and make it not so bright. Had a busy weekend with Thanksgiving so haven't had the second :laugh1:

I'm going to reprint as well since I just learned about a settings to make it more transparent which might look cool!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coolajxl said:

It looks very cool in real life!

I need to mess around with it more and make it not so bright. Had a busy weekend with Thanksgiving so haven't had the second :laugh1:

I'm going to reprint as well since I just learned about a settings to make it more transparent which might look cool!

All sounds awesome! :peace:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@Nairy - just wanted you to know that you were the very first thing I ever printed to test out my new resin printer! Scaled at like... 8% haha

WLpxsjt.jpg

LbzoUri.jpgWhTqM1c.jpg

nzOzh3a.jpgnfX0Eh3.jpg

I definitely did some damage in my enthusiasm to rip the supports off, so lesson learned there, but overall, very happy with this little guy and he lives on the shelf in my workshop now. Thanks for making this file available to us!

Printed in about 4 hours with Anycubic High Speed Resin. 

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

@Nairy - just wanted you to know that you were the very first thing I ever printed to test out my new resin printer! Scaled at like... 8% haha

WLpxsjt.jpg

LbzoUri.jpgWhTqM1c.jpg

nzOzh3a.jpgnfX0Eh3.jpg

I definitely did some damage in my enthusiasm to rip the supports off, so lesson learned there, but overall, very happy with this little guy and he lives on the shelf in my workshop now. Thanks for making this file available to us!

Printed in about 4 hours with Anycubic High Speed Resin. 

Hahahhaa awww look at that litlte guy! I'm honored Justin, I think it turned out great! :salute:

• Like 1