TK-9921 Requesting ESB Stunt Stormtrooper EIB Status [RS](1066)

Legion Profile: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=707&costumeID=126

Trooper Information

Name: Justin Philpott
    FISD Forum Name: evnltr
    Legion ID: 9921
    Garrison: Midwest Garrison
    Height:  5'9"
    Weight: 175lb

Costume Information

Armor Maker: RS Props (ABS) 
    Helmet Maker: RS Props (ABS)

Gloves and ESB Hand Guards: RS Props
    Neck Seal: ImperialSeamstress
    Soft Belt: RS Props
    Boots: Imperial Boots
    Holster: RS Props
    Electronics:  Aker amp / Helmet Fan Kit
    Blaster:  Blaster Factory

Armor Photos

lto28oj.jpg

yGQhsNJ.jpg

DOiFAG0.jpg

9Y6vTun.jpg

sVWnarR.jpg

8YKsqnj.jpg

POInWVQ.jpg

UDacLQF.jpg

K5kzFn9.jpg

Ge1Kjev.jpg

cvyu6sA.jpg

947sTQC.jpg

j5sjGvB.jpg

0qRUFuv.jpg

ZTpOecI.jpg

KnvxP2k.jpg

FxAZIJB.jpg?1

S9Fbgje.jpg

i516mpU.jpg

JZwFtPo.jpg

Jsl08oA.jpg

v73Z6Lj.jpg

8a4nrZ7.jpg

M6zVZm9.jpg

vkxZQXg.jpg

D7H4Hty.jpg

T99lKTg.jpg

VIvkGZ5.jpg

bKZHBGT.jpg

Gzwytz6.jpg

8kQYRmo.jpg

bjVW5KJ.jpg

Thank you for your consideration!   Please let me know if you have any questions or need to see any additional details that I haven't provided. 

• Like 3

Hi Justin. thank you for your EIB submission. 

I would like to ask you a favor. Could you add 3 more photos?;)

-close-up of the button panels (without the belt).

YWF7bOC.jpg

-close-up of the Han snap.

MTFfQtg.png

- close-up of the 6 rivets pack

w5pP3jR.png

Thanks!!!

Copy that. No problem at all, sir. I'll get those taken and uploaded tomorrow evening or sometime on Saturday. However,  I'll aim for tomorrow night. 

• Like 2

Hi Justin, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor, and please keep in mind that  we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Excellent armor Justin!!!
There are a few things we would like to comment to you, but most of them are "minor" things.

Starting with the helmet.  

-L3. Ideally placement of the ears (and screws) should closely follow the rear angle of the Trap above them. This issue is present in 99% of the applications.But as we always tell you, it will only be a requirement for centurion level in case the helmet looks very bad... We encourage you to do so, and your helmet will look spectacular.;)

Reference images

BUniS8J.jpg   Rs9bhnv.jpg                        bUGi1cY.png   U8eLka5.png

-This is a detail that we frequently suggest too. As seen in the reference image, you could trim the ends of the brow trim. Easy fix:duim:

Reference images 

HxhRZtQ.jpg   gPi5TFa.jpg                       UHuY84x.png   O285rou.png   LVROQ6A.jpg?1

-We see that you have 2 bumps on one side and 3 on the other.  Yes, it is true, there were disparities in at least one helmet in the film, but most had 3 on each side, as you can see in the reference images.  You can add one more stripe. :)

Reference images

Z4eXF9u.jpg   a03PLw0.jpg                      YLtvDxH.jpg   n0Jt8uG.jpg       

Reference images show us that the Han Snap is usually closer to the edge. However, we have seen that your return edge is very wide, so it looks like the Han is misplaced. We think you could trim the return edge a bit to be more screen-accurate.

Reference images

LZzojha.jpg                              4Le4CZc.png   GrJ3mhS.png   MTFfQtg.png

-It seems that your posterior plate is sticking out a bit and is not aligned with the kidney.  Maybe you can use the famous "v tabs" to fix it.:)

Reference images

MlBxmNu.jpg      4vSpEOa.jpg                        HFL1FPa.jpg   waWqo8Z.png

-Just a dressing issue here. When putting on your calves take care of the back closure alignment.

Reference images

oMcXHqd.jpg   s5rU4p7.jpg                      QlZOE4t.png   SRygq49.jpg                   

-The angle of the sniper knee plate should be a little sharper (don't make the corner a sharp one).;)

If you decide to fix this, take into account the alignment indicated in the points required for centurion level, below.         

Reference image

HMxrr14.jpg   oN8oCEP.jpg                   xHSafZZ.png   

***************************************************

Centurion Requirements:

In this section we prepare you for our highest tier of approval.  Because Centurion photos must show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Level 3 might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we are able to clearly see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

-CRL L3: There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

It's very little, but we think you can reduce that gap a bit, and your armor will look much better. Small details make the difference.;)

Reference images

l3S8Kcl.jpg                         f10ZG7b.png   viZgUrI.jpg

-L3.The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

In this photo, it looks like the white elastic is there. When you submit your Centurion application (wink,wink), you can include some more clarifying images.:laugh1:

Reference images

YZyPVG6.jpg                              iHzgOC8.png   tZUuh7f.png   

-L3. If silk or satin gloves are worn, the hand plates have the correct visible stitching with a 5 point/star pattern, equally spread out with 2 on each side and 1 in the middle front, double stitched with 2 holes at each point and sewn to the glove at each one using black thread.

Yours looks to be satin type gloves but the hand plates are affixed by an elastic strap and no stitched to them. You will have to remove the elastics and sew the hand plates to the gloves.

Reference images

pCeqQV3.jpg   0TPyRPy.jpg                     NFAD1V3.jpg   zN6pLGL.jpg

-L3.The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.  You can trim the ends of the ABS belt a little.

Reference images

rDFVfo7.png   OrobxPB.jpg                          gNocrxt.png   d7hmOO8.png  4i7YmgU.jpg

-L3. Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box. You can prevent the drop boxes from moving by applying  some E-6000 behind the strap. 

Reference image

VA7xqxy.jpg                              cvtXId2.jpg

-L3. Canvas belt must be firm / sturdy in appearance. No creasing or sagging  We suggest a slight haircut :)

x2g9juP.png   nu8zval.png 

Reference images

dEAMXJS.png   HFL1FPa.jpg

-L3 .Lower thigh ridge joins (front and rear) shall butt-up flush against each other. Any gaps must be backed with ABS or filled as not to be noticeable. 

You can glue a small square of ABS (inside), and fill the joint with ABS paste, sugru or something like that.:jc_doublethumbup:

Reference image

hfn0AEv.jpg                      OU6heyW.png   

-L3. Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.   The ridges on the top do not align with the ridges on the top of the shin as required. This is a common issue. It doesn't need to be perfect, but it needs to be a lot closer for Centurion. 

Please, be extremely careful when removing the sniper knee plate, as it can easily break.:blush:

Reference images

3m1k9UA.jpg   Sw9MxsI.jpg                   MZFx9IW.png   0SKBs05.png

That's all Justin. They may seem like a lot of things, but believe me, they are very simple fixes, which should not discourage you....

I look forward to seeing your Centurion application shortly....

Congratulations!!!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 2

• Chemi changed the title to TK-9921 Requesting ESB Stunt Stormtrooper EIB Status [RS](1066)

Wahoo!!! Thank you so much! Very proud of this. I appreciate the great details for getting to the next level. I've got a taste of OCD, so I can truly appreciate the granular look at these areas. I spent a good year on updating the kit for this entry, so I'll take a little breather and then start working on these updates to try for level 3. My absolute thanks to the team for the fantastic review.  A special thanks to Karen Anderson Designs for the pics. They didn't know these details so I couldn't guide them too well with the kit on. Next photos for level 3, I'll have a fellow trooper help me and we can reference the notes here too.  I've been in the 501st for over 20 years, so it's an true honor to take it up a notice.  My best to all the TKs out there. I hope my pics help you all on your way for an ESB certification too! 

• Like 4

Congratulations Justin, good to see a 4 digit legion ID becoming an Imperial Stormtrooper!!

• Like 2

Thanks so much everyone!  That means a lot.  Today is a good day.  :)  To celebrate, I'm dropping in a couple of extra pics in my thread just for fun.  Enjoy!  I'll see you all again when I run for level 3!  

od7BYgP.jpghrhyhYj.jpg

BDw0r1y.jpg

• Like 2