Halfpint Requesting Pre Approval Review/Trooper stuff RWA

Halfpint

Hello everybody,

i would like to get my pre approval and hope I am doing it the right way ( new to this) 

this is a TK kit from trooper stuff / RWA. Let me know what I might have to change. 

Name : Alan Reed
German Garrison / CUSTODES EUROI 

( if I should ever get an answer on the German forum)

Armor maker / Helmet maker soft goods maker incl boots : Trooperstuff RWA

height 5.8”

Blaster : 3Dpogo 

45119048ks.jpeg

45119050wk.jpeg

45119051ws.jpeg

45119052pl.jpeg

45119054aj.jpeg

45119056ct.jpeg

45119057gr.jpeg

45119058pr.jpeg

Hope everything is posted the right way. 
just saw that my thermal detonater is not sitting all the way down on the cummerbund. Will take care of that of course by getting a helping hand  

have a great day 

Alan 

Edited by Halfpint
  • Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Halfpint:

( if I should ever get an answer on the German forum)

(you won't, probably)

Thanks for sharing your pre-approval pictures! Your armor looks great, so you shouldn't have too many problems. Now, there's a few things that the German GMO's love to point out during a TK Approval, all of which are an easy fix on your part,:

- make sure to tuck your undersuit fabric underneath the shoulderbell. Right now it's bunched up in front of it and obscuring the shape of the armor

- lower your right forearm a bit. The position of the forearms should be symmetrical and to get through the Basic Approval easily it helps to have a lesser gap between the forearm and the handguards than between the bicep and the forearm

- your thighs should be the same height. The GMO's mainly look for the inner upper return edge for this one, so make sure you have one to tug those into position

- and lastly you should keep an eye on your drop boxes. One of them got twisted up on one of the photos.

Each of these points can probably be adressed simply by having a friend or family member tug everything into the right position -- or a quick adjustment to the strapping.

Now, all of these infos are based on actual feedback by our GMO's, so I'm pretty sure they would point at least one of those out. Otherwise I'd say you're good to go! Good luck with your approval! :salute:

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Halfpint:

One more question on what if the German garrison never answers ? Should or can I still apply for the 501st or no? 

When you use the online form for your submission, you'll definitely get an answer from our GMOs. It's truly just the public forum that is inactive, behind the scenes everyone is way more available.

If you don't get an answer within four weeks, you should definitely reach out, but as-is the German Garrison GMOs should answer you.

Online Form

Looking good, a few tweaks and you should be good to go.

Just one thing you should be using a blank background for taking photos, just makes the job a little easier editing your membership photos once you are approved if you have a blank contrasting background. We also ask for a blank background for EIB and Centurion levels, some info here 

• Like 1

Hello there Alan! First of all, great job with your kit! Excellent armor there with RWA, and I'm sure you'll have no problems with approval! Just a couple notes, perhaps only relevant for higher levels of approval, if you choose to pursue them. But first, one of my favorite things about your build:

Excellent job with the belt height, with the top of the plastic just touching the bottom of the center ab button!

52660057014_1b8f5f3494_o.jpg

A couple notes on your left shin piece. It appears your sniper plate may be situated a bit low, as you can see a little of the main shin portion behind the plate even from behind. It's somewhat common to see it from the side, but if seen the the front it probably means the plate should be more elevated or angled up/back. From the rear, just a small overlapping alignment dressing issue that I'm sure you'll remedy with somebody helping you kit up for your photos.

52659279242_bf6a63be4b_o.jpg     52660056999_23f1f87954_o.jpg

On the backside, there appears to be some inconsistency with your shoulder bridges, with the left one in particular resting at an odd angle and pulling away from the back piece. Not pictured (by me), but your right shoulder bridge doesn't appear to have a consistent curvature as viewed from your right side photo.

52660220790_57f22ba00c_o.jpg

As Luca also mentioned, be on the lookout for proper alignment of your drop boxes. Yours are shifting a bit towards the center of your belt, and are best when aligned with the rear edge of the plastic belt portions, as shown by the blue line below. If you find that your boxes continually move, a dab of glue on the box strap with your canvas belt can be a life saver.

52659772936_26defde8c8_o.jpg

And last thing... something dear to my heart (I'm a bit thermal detonator obsessed)... your detonator is riding a little high, and most screen references have the det positioned within the threshold of the canvas belt, shown by the red lines below. You can probably just bend your clips down a bit to lower the detonator.

52659279212_55f53ebff8_o.jpg

Once again, excellent job! I'm sure the German Garrison will welcome you with open arms!

Hello Alan. Great job! You shouldn't have too many problems.:duim:

I recommend that you keep an eye on the position of the butt plate. Overlaps a little. Believe me, when you're walking, that overlap is very "annoying":laugh1:.

xYj1OAQ.jpg

You can try a V-tab to hold it in place.

Q6j9pfd.jpg       4vSpEOa.jpg        1wTpfgq.jpg   

15 minutes ago, Halfpint said:

Thanks Chemi that is a great suggestion. Have to see if I can easily find a v tab. And if so I only use glue on the bottom side right? 

If you have any scraps of ABS or other plastic and don't have access to a heat gun you can heat some strips in an oven until it goes pliable then pick up with pliers or clamp and place over your raised posterior/kidney plates and push down.

• Like 2

It looks like your shins could sit higher, as they are quite far down on the boots!

F7h3qBq.png

Apart from the alignment of the dropboxes towards the end of the belt, they could also be lowered!

PQGgV12.png

Great looking armor my guy! :dancing-trooper:

Edited by Nairy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant! Congrats trooper! Once it's official with your TK ID and your Legion profile is set up, you can request full member (Stormtrooper) access here on FISD through the link below.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/

:salute:

• Like 1