Greg S AM 4.5 ANH Stunt Build

Greg S

I use Imgur from my Mac and iPhone for all of my builds (it's a free site for both). Use the phone app to upload to Imgur right from your phone (set it to private and you can post them here, but they won't be searchable in their feed, and you don't have to title them). Then for whatever reason, I can't get the BBCode on the phone, but on each image on the Imgur in your images, click it, and copy the BBCode and paste it into your post. It won't show while writing your post, but will show after you hit "Submit Reply". Super easy. And if people want to see a bigger version, clicking on it takes them to it. 

l6weFPT.png

Edited by OddViking327
  • Like 2

Oh, and feel free to PM me if you have questions, I just got my AM 4.5 to Centurion. The kit is good. The main things to adjust now are the Thermal Detonator (the clips are a bit long, and the holes are not as close to the ends, the included screws are a bit too big, and the caps are a bit wide). It was way harder to fix after, but not impossible. For Centurion, the helmet decals that come with it have a bit thick or off-center black outlines, and I wish I had painted the traps and tears from the start. A.J.'s build was really good to follow for a lot of nice solutions from a very precise builder.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OddViking327 said:

Oh, and feel free to PM me if you have questions, I just got my AM 4.5 to Centurion. The kit is good. The main things to adjust now are the Thermal Detonator (the clips are a bit long, and the holes are not as close to the ends, the included screws are a bit too big, and the caps are a bit wide). It was way harder to fix after, but not impossible. For Centurion, the helmet decals that come with it have a bit thick or off-center black outlines, and I wish I had painted the traps and tears from the start. A.J.'s build was really good to follow for a lot of nice solutions from a very precise builder.

Thanks that is good to know about the TD. I am following AJ's build for reference. 

I will have to get on the Imgur app for my phone.

Ok trying this Imgur thing. Worked on the helmet while the glue is drying on the forearms and biceps. Cut out the frown sections. Painted it Grey and paint the Vcoder black.

4V6nYDm.jpg

Edited by Greg S
  • Like 2

On 12/11/2020 at 3:10 AM, justjoseph63 said:

If you are using imgur, you can rotate them using the center button at the top of the editing screen:

BByvjsx.png?1

It's part of my tutorial here.

Since you are aiming for Centurion right out of the box (:jc_doublethumbup:) this thread will help you with the small details we look for when approving at higher levels.

Remember, the more photos you post up the better, especially when you have an issue.  This is your build thread, so we encourage you to ask as many questions as you like, but when in doubt always ask before cutting/gluing.  Trust me on that one, and I look forward to seeing your progress!

Oh wow just got excited about the Imgur thing.

6 hours ago, OddViking327 said:

I use Imgur from my Mac and iPhone for all of my builds (it's a free site for both). Use the phone app to upload to Imgur right from your phone (set it to private and you can post them here, but they won't be searchable in their feed, and you don't have to title them). Then for whatever reason, I can't get the BBCode on the phone, but on each image on the Imgur in your images, click it, and copy the BBCode and paste it into your post. It won't show while writing your post, but will show after you hit "Submit Reply". Super easy. And if people want to see a bigger version, clicking on it takes them to it. 

l6weFPT.png

Just got the Imgur. Easy so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Oh wow just got excited about the Imgur thing.

Glad to see it's working out!  My knowledge of techie type things could fit on a postage stamp, lol, but I got the hang of it in an hour or two.  

• Like 1

Great job getting the photos working via imgur! You’re off to the races now! Just a little feedback regarding your paint job, at least for higher levels of approval: You may want to remove some of the gray paint which extends onto the gum areas (it should only be on the teeth), and the top vocoder ridge ends could use some rounding off. You could also check with your GML to see if they would currently pass it for basic.

Keep up to good work, Greg!

Sent via Imperial Tapatalk Comms

• Like 1

As Caleb mentioned, the paint on the tops needs to be dialed back a bit (this includes the bottoms if needed).  Many GMLs miss this requirement, but as per the CRL for Basic approval the paint "...does not leave the teeth area".  To remove it, I suggest Goof Off or any NON-ACETONE paint remover, a few Q-tips and tooth picks.  It's easier than you think!

4nC6v6n.jpg   wMbQCC5.jpg?1  uiLCaNQ.jpg?1

jmGdqCy.jpg?1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Great job getting the photos working via imgur! You’re off to the races now! Just a little feedback regarding your paint job, at least for higher levels of approval: You may want to remove some of the gray paint which extends onto the gum areas (it should only be on the teeth), and the top vocoder ridge ends could use some rounding off. You could also check with your GML to see if they would currently pass it for basic.

Keep up to good work, Greg!

Sent via Imperial Tapatalk Comms

Thanks.. Noted I will remove the grey that is on the gum areas and round off the tops of the vocoder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

As Caleb mentioned, the paint on the tops needs to be dialed back a bit (this includes the bottoms if needed).  Many GMLs miss this requirement, but as per the CRL for Basic approval the paint "...does not leave the teeth area".  To remove it, I suggest Goof Off or any NON-ACETONE paint remover, a few Q-tips and tooth picks.  It's easier than you think!

4nC6v6n.jpg   wMbQCC5.jpg?1  uiLCaNQ.jpg?1

jmGdqCy.jpg?1

Yup thanks on it.

WOW!  Nice job on those, Greg!  Next up will probably be the ear bars (much easier to do before you attach them).  I have some references here that will help.

• Like 1

Thanks Joseph. Awesome I will check that out for the ears. Also will put in the lens before I put the 2 half together.

Edited by Greg S

Awesome I will check that out. Also I will put in the lens Mounts - Posts before I put the 2 half together.

Also started sizing and trimming the shins while glue is drying on the forearms. Had to redo one of the forearms  didn't get enough E6000 on the cover strips. There was gaps. Biceps are pretty much done just need some slight cleanup.

M81a5jj.jpg

NOlQWUk.jpg

NoUHZ7a.jpg

bcF0sL0.jpg

• Like 1

Shins are trimmed and the front two halves are glued together with the inside cover strip. I did trim the backs but left some extra material for final fitting before I put on the rear cover strip. While the shins are drying going to continue with the helmet and start the Thighs.

cT2O943.jpg

Sniper Knee Question? Before I glue the sniper knee in place how does this position look? I know it will tighten up when clamped. Do I need to trim any?

x82VJT9.jpg

nrYXT1s.jpg

YVfZsxD.jpg

rs80NUx.jpg

• Like 1