Greg S AM 4.5 ANH Stunt Build

Greg S

BBB day today. AM 4.5 armor. I will be building the ANH Stunt. Striving for centurion level.

Sections:

1. Forearms: FINISHED

2. Biceps:  FINISHED 

3. Calves/Shins (lower leg): FINISHED

4. Ab: FINISHED

5. Posterior: FINISHED

6. Strapping: FINISHED

7. Thighs:  FINISHED

8. Chest and Shoulders: FINISHED

9. Shoulder Bells: FINISHED

10. Thermal Detonator: FINISHED

11. Belt: FINISHED

12. Back Plate: FINISHED

13. Kidney: FINISHED

14. Hand Guards FINISHED

15. Helmet: FINISHED

16. Helmet Fans and electronics: FANS FINISHED

17. Fitment Alterations: FINISHED

18. Final Pics Basic Submit: APPROVED

19. EIB Submit: APPROVED

20. Centurion Submit: APPROVED #496

177A34C9-9185-413A-AC65-72C353F647E8.jpeg

D87EEA81-F595-4C07-B176-B09D0BFD65EA.jpeg

AF88A927-FF61-4D49-BCF4-47048F06AA11.jpeg

Edited by Greg S
Updates
  • Like 5

Congrats on your BBB day! Very VERY exciting! I saw that your have some mentors in the SoCal garrison, so I’m sure they have you covered. Justin is particularly awesome! You have probably already seen it, but A.J. Hamler’s AM build is an excellent one to follow, and I even created a PDF of his thread, linked towards the end and also in my All-In-One resource compilation thread.

Looking forward to following along with your progress, especially since I’m mid-build myself!

Sent via Imperial Tapatalk Comms

• Like 1

Happy dance continues, then the panic sets in "I've got to start cutting this".

Research is the key, measure twice and cut once. 

Good luck with the build

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Congrats on your BBB day! Very VERY exciting! I saw that your have some mentors in the SoCal garrison, so I’m sure they have you covered. Justin is particularly awesome! You have probably already seen it, but A.J. Hamler’s AM build is an excellent one to follow, and I even created a PDF of his thread, linked towards the end and also in my All-In-One resource compilation thread.

Looking forward to following along with your progress, especially since I’m mid-build myself!

Yes I have been talking to Justin quite often. Also have many other centurion TK’s that I know. Nice I have been looking at AJ’s thread already.  Also don’t know why my pics are sideways. Posted from my phone. 

5 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Good luck with the build

Thanks. Oh yah. I’m going to start by removing the return edges on the forearms. Always the first cut. I’ve built Fett’s, Tie Pilots and Shore Troopers. But still first cut. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Congratulations Greg, looking forward for your advances.  "Remember  Measure twice or more, cut and glue just one." 

read the Crl and check the Gallery section for reference images.

:salute: 

Thanks. And I will. Been doing lots of studying the other builds and CRL. Starting on the forearms. Been removing the return edges on the right forearm and left.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 8:18 PM, Greg S said:

Also don’t know why my pics are sideways. 

If you are using imgur, you can rotate them using the center button at the top of the editing screen:

BByvjsx.png?1

It's part of my tutorial here.

Since you are aiming for Centurion right out of the box (:jc_doublethumbup:) this thread will help you with the small details we look for when approving at higher levels.

Remember, the more photos you post up the better, especially when you have an issue.  This is your build thread, so we encourage you to ask as many questions as you like, but when in doubt always ask before cutting/gluing.  Trust me on that one, and I look forward to seeing your progress!

• Like 2

Congrats in receiving your BBB Greg, looking forward to seeing you underway.
Good support team hear and in your garrison so I know you will master this build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

If you are using imgur, you can rotate them using the center button at the top of the editing screen:

BByvjsx.png?1

It's part of my tutorial here.

Since you are aiming for Centurion right out of the box (:jc_doublethumbup:) this thread will help you with the small details we look for when approving at higher levels.

Remember, the more photos you post up the better, especially when you have an issue.  This is your build thread, so we encourage you to ask as many questions as you like, but when in doubt always ask before cutting/gluing.  Trust me on that one, and I look forward to seeing your progress!

Thanks. I will need to get the imgur. I am using a I phone and Mac computer. I will check out that thread. Thanks again.

2 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Congrats in receiving your BBB Greg, looking forward to seeing you underway.
Good support team hear and in your garrison so I know you will master this build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Getting things under way. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 5:13 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Good luck with the build

Thanks. Oh yah. I’m going to start by removing the return edges on the forearms. Always the first cut. I’ve built Fett’s, Tie Pilots and Shore Troopers. But still first cut. 

Sounds great!  As with your other builds, you know that it should be considered a marathon rather than a sprint.. Take your time, post up LOTS of photos (hint hint) and ask lots of questions.  We are here for ya' every step of the way, Greg.

1 minute ago, justjoseph63 said:

Sounds great!  As with your other builds, you know that it should be considered a marathon rather than a sprint.. Take your time, post up LOTS of photos (hint hint) and ask lots of questions.  We are here for ya' every step of the way, Greg.

Oh yah for sure. But still this is my first TK. Thanks 

Ok I removed all the return edges from the forearms. Fitted them up with my gloves and under suit on. Next is to trim off the excess material. Also will cut the back and cover strips.

IMG_7339.jpg

IMG_7336.jpg

IMG_7343.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Just make sure once taped together that you can still get your hand through ;) 

Oh yah I made sure of that. Thanks

• Like 1

Had a good day today. I removed excess return edge from the biceps on the belt sander. Fitted them up as well with the gloves and under suit. Did a hot water bath to take the squareness out of the bicep lower halves. Trimmed off the excess from the forearms and biceps. Re fitted them and needed to remove 3/16 on the lower half of the forearms. Cut and Glued in the inside strips on the biceps and forearms with E-6000. I will glue the top halves on tomorrow evening. 

For some reason it will only let up load a certain amount of size per day. I resized all the recent pics. But only chose this one. End results of todays work. 

IMG_7391.jpg

• Like 2

Powering along.

There are limitations to images and sizes on the forums, many of us use an online free image host like Imgur

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Powering along.

There are limitations to images and sizes on the forums, many of us use an online free image host like Imgur

Thanks. I am using the Snapseed photo editing app for cropping etc. I will have to give imagur a try. 

Everything is looking GREAT so far, Greg!  So glad to see you removed those return edges :D and are using interior cover strips (you'll be happy you did that, trust me).  Speaking of interior cover strips, when you get the the shins (calves) I suggest using ones that are a little wider (an inch or so).  The reason being is that when you put them on, that connection gets a lot of stress from opening and closing them when suiting up.

When using imgur, you can post as many pics as you like at one time in a post.  This will come in handy after you get Basic approval and are ready to submit for Expert Infantry and then Centurion.

Keep up the awesome work, and keep those photos coming!

• Like 1

Another benefit of using an image host such as imgur or Flickr is that you will no longer have to compress/downsize your images and sacrifice viewing quality.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Another benefit of using an image host such as imgur or Flickr is that you will no longer have to compress/downsize your images and sacrifice viewing quality.

Thanks as Joseph said as well. I will give them a try. I not the best photo computer guy. All my pics are taken from a I Phone 10. Been having to resize them to 1080 on my Mac. I have a bunch of build photos I want to share. I will check out imgur and Flickr tonight.