Hello from Portland, OR

TK-526

Hi everyone! I'm Matt from Portland, OR.

I am very excited to be finally be making real moves towards joining the 501st. Star Wars has been a huge part of my life and I am really excited to share my love of the franchise with other people. I've been wanting to join the 501st for a long time but recent events have allowed me to make the final decision to get my first set of armor. 

The biggest event was that I got married in March, 2020, and my wife as a wedding day surprise to me asked members of the Cloud City Garrison to come to our reception!  I was completely blown away by the appearance and it really made our wedding even more memorable (we also got married right as the COVID pandemic was beginning in the US, good news was no one got sick). The members of the garrison who came were incredible and brought so much excitement and fun to our wedding reception. Additionally, the Garrison's appearance helped raise money for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, in memory of my mom who I lost to breast cancer in 2017 (my wife made a large donation in her memory and on behalf of the 501st). 

My wife has been extremely supportive of my love of Star Wars and my interest in purchasing a set of armor, so after a lot of research I made my purchase this week from RS Propmasters of a commissioned set of ANH armor. I decided to go with preassembled armor given my lack of experience and craftiness but I hope to later build another set myself in the future. The armor should be arriving sometime around the end of October, beginning of November. I am excited to give it a check and hopefully get 501st approval so I can start trooping sometime in 2021. I'm really happy to take this step and I know how incredibly supportive this community is for new members just getting started out.

pHJeutd.png

• Like 7

Welcome, Matt! Great story and congrats on your recent marriage! You definitely can’t go wrong with RS, and you’ll find all the help you need for assembly here with FISD. Be sure to start a build threat and post of photos of your BBB day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Matthew, welcome to FISD. Glad to read a new Imperial Stormtrooper and a Dream come true  is on the way!!  

looking forward to see your BBB day photos !!  RS is a great choice congratulations. :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: