Taking that first step. Kansas

Born in 77' I grew up with Star wars. Was always impressed with the Stormtroopers. Thought they had the coolest armor and loved the E11. Went to Universal Studios in Florida when it opened up and the Starwars attraction had this boy in awe. Theyhad a stormtrooper suit with an E11 on display and I so badly wanted it. Never in my life did I want somthing so much but it was out of reach and not for sale. Now I have a son and his love for Star Wars is a bonding thing for us. He was searching You Tube and showed me videos of poeple making E11 blasters and I had to have one .I bought a Sterling pistol and a parts kit and made the necessary modifications to make it look like the original. Welded on the shroud. Welded a stock on in the closed position. Located a M38 tank scope on ebay along with repair parts for it . Fabricated a mount using instructions from this site. T tracks. Its a dream come true and the ultimate bonding experience with my son. You should have seen him light up. I couldnt have one when I was his age and being able to give him the experience was priceless. ButI have another itch. Armor. I would love to take part in the Legion .Being stuck at home during this covid gave us time for the blaster so figured why stop there. Im located in Kansas so feel free to reach out. Help is appreciated. 

Edited by WhitePatriot77
Add
  • Like 2

Hello and welcome aboard some info which may be of help, good luck with the research 

• Like 1

That’s awesome! I’m like you and have wanted my own Stormtrooper armor for decades. I was finally able to take my first step with my 19 yo son a month or so ago and it has been a fun ride. My suggestion is to pour over all of the priceless resources and build threads on these forums to guide you in choosing the right armor vendor for you and learn from others’ builds and trial and error experiences. Ask plenty of questions and  good luck to you!

Any recommendations for vendors of ANH style Stormtrooper Armor? Im on here looking and all I see so far is who 'Not' to buy from. I will definitely continue to look. I know somone tgat might be selling their armor because tgey need the money right now being out of work for some time ,but they cannot tell me who they bought it from and I would hate to buy somthing not acceptable .

31 minutes ago, WhitePatriot77 said:

Any recommendations for vendors of ANH style Stormtrooper Armor? Im on here looking and all I see so far is who 'Not' to buy from. I will definitely continue to look. I know somone tgat might be selling their armor because tgey need the money right now being out of work for some time ,but they cannot tell me who they bought it from and I would hate to buy somthing not acceptable .

Research is the key to this hobby, in the link I posted above you will find the Getting Started section https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/ have a read of the first thread ;) 

• Like 2

I would say that your choice of armor could depend on body size. I really like the RS Props armor kits, but I am 6’3” and 200-205 lbs any given week. I chose the AM 4.5 armor from Dave’s Darkside Depot because it is tailored for larger builds. I couldn’t be more pleased with the fact that it can be cut to fit many sizes. That being said, research of the build threads on the various makes is essential. It’s a serious investment and well worth the time beforehand doing the proper research. 

If you can get a set of armor that doesn’t require a lot of shimming and filling, your build will be a bit less challenging.

Edited by Firedog

Welcome aboard, James.

A lovely story there showing your love for Star Wars. I’m with you on the bonding side, too - my children are growing up in and around stormtrooper helmets and armour parts and it’s lovely for them to be a part of.

Would love to see some pics of your blaster if you wanted to share them.

Regarding armour, another that makes armour parts for taller and larger troopers is RWA Creations in the UK.

Best wishes
Dan

• Like 1