Jump to content
Opiecat10

First time builder - WTFs ESB

Recommended Posts

First time armor builder here.  I received my BBB from Walt back in September, and have finally got the nerve to begin after reading many other threads.  I’m 5’5”, 125 lbs, so I will doing a lot of trimming.  Here are a few pics of what I have done so far.  Any input will be much appreciated.  

D95E3B0C-4DF6-4BDB-B682-ED1C3B552913.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Opiecat10 said:

First time armor builder here.  I received my BBB from Walt back in September, and have finally got the nerve to begin after reading many other threads.  I’m 5’5”, 125 lbs, so I will doing a lot of trimming.  Here are a few pics of what I have done so far.  Any input will be much appreciated.  

D95E3B0C-4DF6-4BDB-B682-ED1C3B552913.jpeg

BBB day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far, I have attached inner cover strips the the front sides only of biceps, forearms, and shins.

Edited by Opiecat10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So far, I have attached inner cover strips the the front sides only of biceps, forearms, and shins.



Your basically done, just throw it all together. Lol seriously. Make sure you throw up as many pics as needed those will help others when they do their builds and if we can help in any way just ask.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darn computer won't let me add any pictures, says they are too big.  Yet it let me do it yesterday.  I hate computers ;-l

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2019 at 11:27 AM, Opiecat10 said:

So far, I have attached inner cover strips the the front sides only of biceps, forearms, and shins.

forearms2.jpg.70f80565df8d2de0a9365798dc7187b9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Opiecat10 said:

forearms2.jpg.70f80565df8d2de0a9365798dc7187b9.jpg

inner strips on fronts of forearms

 

Edited by Opiecat10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Opiecat10 said:

Darn computer won't let me add any pictures, says they are too big.  Yet it let me do it yesterday.  I hate computers ;-l

Have you tried using Imgur? :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome aboard, Shawna. Look forward to following your build. :-)

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not used Imgur.  Can I use it from my iPad?  I really don’t want to fool with using the desktop.  Easier it seems to take pic from iPad or phone right onto thread.  Did I mention I’m computer illiterate?   Also thinking of moving this thread to main build forum, and use this for ESB specific questions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Opiecat10 said:

I have not used Imgur.  Can I use it from my iPad?  I really don’t want to fool with using the desktop.  Easier it seems to take pic from iPad or phone right onto thread.  Did I mention I’m computer illiterate?   Also thinking of moving this thread to main build forum, and use this for ESB specific questions.

 

This forum is designed for and works at is best when using a computer but it’s available on all plattforms but with limitations, although how you post is not, many use tapatalk which to my understanding lets you upload straight from your phone or iPad given you installed the app.

Imgur is used either by browser or as an app.

If you want to move anything then  @Ripper_L is your man:salute:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

This forum is designed for and works at is best when using a computer but it’s available on all plattforms but with limitations, although how you post is not, many use tapatalk which to my understanding lets you upload straight from your phone or iPad given you installed the app.

Imgur is used either by browser or as an app.

If you want to move anything then  @Ripper_L is your man:salute:

I’ll try Tapatalk before resorting to the desktop.  And I think I will stay on this forum, I see there is a sub forum for build threads.  Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use tapatalk for posting pictures - works pretty well.  I do everything else on the desktop because I am old school and have trouble working my phone. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
inner strips on fronts of forearms
 

7e6dc50bef1fe353ce93513969081365.jpg

Forearms with front inside strips glued on. Still need to size them down to fit, I got really tiny arms, but I want to leave a little wiggle room in case I gain weight, or get ripped at the gym :-)



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I use tapatalk for posting pictures - works pretty well.  I do everything else on the desktop because I am old school and have trouble working my phone.


The tapatalk app seems to be working on my iPad, i was just able to post another picture. Now to figure out how to post it while it’s not a response, or “quote”


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after reading many other build threads, mainly ukswrath and cricket, I finally got to work.  You’ve already seen the forearms, but I also attached front inside cover strips on biceps and shins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So after reading many other build threads, mainly ukswrath and cricket, I finally got to work.  You’ve already seen the forearms, but I also attached front inside cover strips on biceps and shins

e17c99fe6b8a93c61de549d2466c92fc.jpgf5b7da33b6524c0e323364a09cb77ca7.jpg72c1514bbfed70d80885e143a35d15f6.jpgabf0118bbd7c686de0a0a5b7c45aae2a.jpg

I think it’s time for a hot water bath to help shape these, and on to the thighs



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the shape is not too bad. How flexible is the back of those shins? It might close well enough as soon as the elastics and hooks are glued in. :)
If so, you don't need a hot water bath.

 

As @TheSwede mentioned, I'm your man if you wanna move that thread :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the shape is not too bad. How flexible is the back of those shins? It might close well enough as soon as the elastics and hooks are glued in.
If so, you don't need a hot water bath.
 
As [mention=30669]TheSwede[/mention] mentioned, I'm your man if you wanna move that thread
 

I still have to trim off the overlap to fit my skinny legs, then I’ll worry about the shape.

As far as moving the thread, I wonder if more people would see it on the main thread than here? What are your thoughts?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Opiecat10 said:


I still have to trim off the overlap to fit my skinny legs, then I’ll worry about the shape.

As far as moving the thread, I wonder if more people would see it on the main thread than here? What are your thoughts?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At least the staffers use the "Activity" feature a lot, so they see your thread better the more active you are. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
out of interest, how thick are your cover strips plz ?

For the arms, 16mm. 20mm for thighs and front of shins. 25mm for back of shins


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're looking great!  I'm always amazed at how it all comes together so fast at the end.  Once you get the inner and outer strips on, then it's just strapping, and all of a sudden you have a full torso and it feels real.  

 

Keep on chugging away- you're nearly there!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×