First time builder - WTFs ESB

Opiecat10

8130ef4858203a80a78cd32569ef17e5.jpg1c2babbacb4afbfb6a55dd0ffd12db6b.jpgf127bfc98f76dd8c06bdb906852f2899.jpg

I’m fairly happy with the left leg, but can’t seem to get the right one to fit correctly. It tries to twist to the right (maybe the big ganglion cyst on my knee is pushing it out). Also I think I need to shorten them a bit, the are hitting my kneecaps. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Opiecat10 said:

This looks much better, except that back seam on right leg is crooked. Maybe I can hide it with the cover strip.2cdcb24a59fdc88c7134b623bda6b253.jpg

Better, yes!  :) 

When initially making cuts to the shins, it's really easy to cut the sides unevenly.  Focus is put on on how it looks in the front, how snug it is around the ankle, how much you need to trim off of length... then you trim and think, "Wow!  Looks great!"   It's usually at this point that you really look at the back and notice that one side is generally trimmed down more than the other, and then you end up going, "Oh, maaaan....  How did I not see that?!"  

That said, cover strips can do wonders to even out asymmetrical cuts on the armor (ask me how I know.... *cough cough*)!   And if the cover strip still can't help make things look right, then just order another shin half from Walt.  He's awesome about getting replacement parts out.

Keep up the good work!

Been fiddling with thighs and shins together, to make sure everything is proportional to each other and that the cover strips will line up. Aside from the crooked rear right shin seam, which I think I can hide with cover strip, I think it’s lining up nicely. Would love some opinions before I glue it all together.8dc638751abb6dbf340b959df5f4274b.jpg57f6e2fffe7b3704336e75dd5ac55b42.jpg

Nice.

Just watch out your left side shin sitting a tiny bit lower than the right. Nothing a bit of foam padding can't solve.

Did the cat approves?

Nice.

Just watch out your left side shin sitting a tiny bit lower than the right. Nothing a bit of foam padding can't solve.

Did the cat approves?

I assumed the left was shorter so that there was room for the sniper plate to be attached. Should I shorted the right to match? And yes, the cat, Bruce, approves. And he likes to help me as well.

• 2 months later...

Haven’t posted in a while. Been fiddling with body pieces and attaching cover strips. Will post pics soon.

In the meantime, I decided to start on the bucket. Working on the ears now, but wanted an opinion on this paint job I did. ee92b12c57db02414783c7962a26dc4c.jpgf439a7a3533d23c66b3120a6eacab8e1.jpg79e9735c0304b39e2b5627b4af7082ae.jpgff640f62cafeadb82616faf265974313.jpgwondering if I should remove it all and start over, or just buy decals?

It does look like a few of your lines are a little wobbly, around the teeth too, you may want to try to remove some of the excess with tooth picks, they work really well. Perhaps a little grey over some of the inside black lines too.

Before adjusting ears to fit I would use magnets or even nuts and bolts to hold the side pieces together as they can change how they sit.

• Like 1

It does look like a few of your lines are a little wobbly, around the teeth too, you may want to try to remove some of the excess with tooth picks, they work really well. Perhaps a little grey over some of the inside black lines too.

Before adjusting ears to fit I would use magnets or even nuts and bolts to hold the side pieces together as they can change how they sit.

Thanks. I’ll try the toothpicks to straighten out the lines. And had already planned to get those sides tighter and secured before going much further on the ears.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After reading that decals are required for higher level approvals, I got rid of the paint on the traps and tears and ordered decals. In the meantime, started working on the ears. Not there yet, but getting closer. 73ce643845e3049a84ec094a71132cdd.jpg

• Like 1