ANH Stunt build.. finally...

rharlan91

Hello Troopers,
After 2 years, my armor is finally coming out of it's box... I've been so intimidated to actually do this but decided "what the Hell". Hope I can lean on you folks when the going gets tough..
More to follow,slowly I imagine.
Cheers, Robert

• Like 3

Never too late to start, least you had time to do some research ;) 

Good luck with the build

• Like 1

Congrats on starting your build, Robert, and glad to have you aboard!  Here at the FISD you can count on as much helpful, courteous and correct advice as you need.  We have a fantastic group of folks who are here to assist you in any way required, so as Daniel said, "Lean away"!

There is a lot of information here to sift through, but if there is a particular area or thread here you need to find just ask.

It would also help to list what location you are in, as in many places we have Imperial Attaches that can assist you on a local level.  If you haven't done so already I would also sign up on your local Garrison's site and introduce yourself, (we can help with that as well).

Take your time, ask as many questions as you like, and it would also help to sign up with an photo sharing site like imgur so that you can post pics of your build or any issues you have.

• Like 1

Yeah getting started is a mixed bag we've all looked in. Good luck on the build Robert.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

If you haven't done so already I would also sign up on your local Garrison's site and introduce yourself, (we can help with that as well).

I have signed up with the Old Line Garrison of Maryland. I went to an armor party, but the members there had more experience with Clone armor rather than TK. Nice folks none the less. I need to reconnect with them now that the build has begun.

• Like 1

So, I'm starting on my clamshell and (as I'm not aiming for Centurion, just EIB) am using the double snap elastic method. My question for you is this;
I'd like to just use snaps on the Abdomen to the Kidney on the left side and just install non functioning rivets (I still want to have rivets, even though EIB doesnt require). I like the idea of completely being able to break down the kit for storage, vs. a permanent connection of riveted elastic connecting the Ab to Kidney... Is this ok? It seems most of the approval requests have the rivets actually functioning.
Thanks in advance.
Robert

Edited by rharlan91

I used snaps behind the rivets and made two strips of abs with the opposite snaps and elastic between those, so that whole section can be removed from the armor, mainly did this because of trying to fit in a hard plastic suitcase for air transport. 

Rivets can can be there functioning or not.

• Like 1

Rat is correct, interior strapping is not covered by the CRL.

FYI, it is possible to set snaps using split rivets, here is my armor and the riveted side is detachable:

vNWZH4Z.jpg

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update, and a good one!
I've had great success with my local Garrison. They've done an awesome job. They have what they call an Academy support group, where they assign an Advisor to help with the build... not finished yet, but getting there. On these shots, the belt is borrowed from his HWT just for looks...
Still more to do, but it's coming together!
Thanks for the support Troopers.

TK 1.jpg

Looking sharp, Robert!  If I could make a suggestion, it would be to shorten the straps that hold your shoulder bells to the white elastic strap between your chest/back connection. 

ebY7CzH.jpg

No need to make new ones, as you can just double over the straps as needed and glue them.  This is what they should look like:

D4QNswS.jpg?1

Before you apply for 501st approval from your GML. it would benefit you to post up in the Request TK Pre-Approval area where you can get some sound advice to help you pass on the first try.   https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/193-request-tk-pre-approval/

Keep up the great work!!  :jc_doublethumbup:

Yeah, they're just taped in for the moment, this was just an early fitting to show some progress and get a feel for how it's fitting. Shoulder bells need strapping, no buttons/rivets painted yet, my belt still in the works, shoulder straps are gluing...

Edited by rharlan91
more data