Jump to content
BigCara

BigCara's ANH TK AP Build

Recommended Posts

Like a glove:duim: One small thing, you seem to have alot of return left on the top ab-plate, If you´re doing the brackets then you will need some but it looks like you could trim atleast half of what you got now. Internall strapping is very much to ones liking, I have elastic for all of mine, others use webbing and happy with that. If you start with elastic and feel it´s not working for you then it´s fairly easy to swap to webbing or vice versa.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Like a glove:duim: One small thing, you seem to have alot of return left on the top ab-plate, If you´re doing the brackets then you will need some but it looks like you could trim atleast half of what you got now. Internall strapping is very much to ones liking, I have elastic for all of mine, others use webbing and happy with that. If you start with elastic and feel it´s not working for you then it´s fairly easy to swap to webbing or vice versa.

Thanks, was going to go brackets but recently changed mind to use a double snap setup, was going to try doubled over elastic first and see how I like it. Got 5m each of the webbing and elastic to play around with.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

846f5ec157718ace2ccdf349bb281f8e.jpg

So toothpicks to tidy up?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah you'll need to tidy up the buttons.  Ideally they're not completely painted and show some white on the button itself.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Digz Graavz
fix image link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Digz Graavz said:

Yeah you'll need to tidy up the buttons.  Ideally they're not completely painted and show some white on the button itself.

 

 

 

 

Bugger, had done most of the tops of the buttons, and then extended my painting to include the white edges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too LOL

6 hours ago, BigCara said:

Bugger, had done most of the tops of the buttons, and then extended my painting to include the white edges

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A toothpick works wonders when trying to scrape away just the right amount of paint. Easy fix. :duim:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 10:37 PM, BigCara said:

So toothpicks to tidy up?
 

That or you can use crafting swabs (Soft fine tip) and mineral spirits ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That or you can use crafting swabs (Soft fine tip) and mineral spirits 


Thanks, I assume that is mineral turpentine here in Australia. Doesn't damage the abs?

I've also painted an off cut to see how it goes with the turps.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BigCara said:

 


Thanks, I assume that is mineral turpentine here in Australia. Doesn't damage the abs?

I've also painted an off cut to see how it goes with the turps.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Correct. Aggressively test on a piece of scrap before trying on important sections.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mineral turpentine is fine but I generally use a tooth pick or sharp offcuts of abs ;) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had some clean up to do on mine, and used Turps and toothpicks as Glen mentioned .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 3:07 AM, BigCara said:

Just checking these are the right ones for centurion, as I bought the last ones in the shop, the black one is the one provided by AP which is not pan head.

They are only 3/8" but just fit

Just let me know before I paint them please.

10469963b8bda62b1566ecd1c3e43776.jpg




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what's the head size in mms please

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 9:53 PM, phil said:

what's the head size in mms please

The unpainted one (pan-head) on the right is correct and 100% approvable at Centurion level.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
what's the head size in mms please


9.25mm but the guys at the screw shop talk imperial :) for some reason


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...