BigCara's ANH TK AP Build

BigCara

That came out fantastic, Mark!  If I could make a small suggestion, it would be to see if you can tighten up the space inside the clip, which will help keep it securely on your belt.  A lot of us also use white Velcro on the back (the fuzzy side), which will keep the clip from scratching your armor.  Keep up the great work!!

XYRUtz1.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks,

Yeah i'd seen that on another thread, tried to narrow the space by hand, didn't have much luck, will try further down the track with a more mechanical means..

Also plan on adding the velcro.

If you are going to use pliers or channel locks to tighten it, be sure to do that at least an inch or so below the bend at the top.  Otherwise that can snap,

• Like 1

Biceps are trimmed to Marks trim lines, just trying to work how much I need to take off to get a ok fit, the one on the left is pretty comfy on the Left arm f7ea406947b8afe76e1bcb8c1c0cadcd.jpg

83856ec400d849985a68d8c8e08fa47c.jpg

Leaves about 30mm ridge on both sides, too big for a cover strip isn't it, any suggestions? Also is the gap at the back too big or is that normal? Can fit in 2 fingers, biceps pretty tight if I put on a gun show :)
34262c4a3389494b22b22ba7d98aee69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forearms are also trimmed to marks line, about a 8mm overlap, but leaves 35mm wide ridge, for very wide cover strips, can't really go any smaller as hand just fits thru, without gloves.

2d74b0a8e636508838cad138745a2c2a.jpg&key=fe85a58bce2e3d274e921b4abc1011503e1e463f09301ede680008253e2a0b6d

Can get 2 fingers in at elbow, is the gap too small or about right?6d38d3aa0208dd03c3caaf89cde0b42c.jpg&key=0c0e918803a206816cf92e95226f5b449a0aec5b9b7243a1f8e35b86b8f6105c

09cb4c198b1f06c2c243d5d9094b0740.jpg

Removing all the return edge at the wrist side is not only recommended for situations like this it is mandatory when shooting for the higher levels of accuracy. 

15mm cover strip is what is recommended for the arms however in some circumstances 18mm could fly as well. 

• Like 1

Thanks, yep still to take off the return edges at the wrist which should buy me some more space, just wanting to know if i was one the right track before trimming more off the biceps and forearms?

• Like 1

One of the most important things to remember is that it needs to fit you. Forearms are always fun. Just make sure it fits and that the cover strips are universal size, and matches all around your armor. 

For Instance: 

Front Portion of Armor is 18mm (Forearms and Biceps)

The rear is 22mm (Forearms and Biceps) 

This size should be close to your lower half as well when you get to it. Hope that makes sense. As long as it all looks the same in the front or back. Just be consistent. 

• Like 3

Can never have enough clamps, magnets, tape when building and I’ve double the amount of magnets since this photo ;) 

21AFFCB2-5E16-4E27-8368-1776D23094CB.jpeg

• Like 1

The tape represents an 18mm cover strip, is it way too small? Equally bad on all sides, can't trim forearms or biceps anymore as they pretty tight 0bc3b127bec3aae2710d3b3f4be4e4fe.jpg

1a4127754faf75f6ff82dddf3d5aae14.jpg

It was suggested earlier to use a 18mm on front and 22mm on back, but does the 18mm look too small?

Ridge on biceps is 33mm front and 36mm back

The "scoops" in the biceps should be more or less the same size, but sometimes you have to sacrifice symmetry for comfort.

Affect your aim?

9xhcscR.jpg?1

Can you post up a photo of the inside (scoop) of the forearms?

• Like 1

You should be fine with the 15 mm cover strips, but for additional strength I would suggest putting cover strips on the inside as well.  You can use scraps from your build as they don't have to be pretty.  Be sure to save some scraps for the inside front of the calves as well.  Since they get a workout from constantly opening/closing them while putting on your armor any reinforcement helps.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

You should be fine with the 15 mm cover strips, but for additional strength I would suggest putting cover strips on the inside as well.  You can use scraps from your build as they don't have to be pretty.  Be sure to save some scraps for the inside front of the calves as well.  Since they get a workout from constantly opening/closing them while putting on your armor any reinforcement helps.

Thanks for the speedy reply, I've already done the internal ones with scraps, so this will be something for me to do tonight.