A pretty short trooper

Triplet99c

Hello all! My name is Taylor and my BBB day for Anovos was just a few days ago! :D Yay! I was told that it would be very helpful to create a build thread on here as it is my first time building a TK costume, or any costume for that matter. Anyways, I am a female and am only 5'1" so I have quiitttee a bit of trimming to do! I trimmed the forearms today and they are pretty large on me. I hope I can figure out where to trim everything when the time comes! Stay tuned! 

FB_IMG_1534045068351.jpg

FB_IMG_1534045081031.jpg

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, nothing better than BBB’s.

There are lots of build threads on the forums for the heightwardly challenged, lots of research is the key to putting together any armor. So have a read through and check out what others have done on their builds.

Good luck with the build.

• Like 1

Welcome Taylor and congrats on the BBB day. Two threads you'll want to check on is the one I sent you earlier and jenechos build. Sorry don't have a link for hers. I would also like to point out that a photo hosting site would be a good idea as not all the members have fb access. So something like Flickr, imgur or tapatalk are good ones. Now let the fun begin on your build and never be afraid to ask questions. Good luck on your build.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Just came across this from Mike (aka TK-1636) on building for smaller troopers https://youtu.be/6OQdhlBL_d4. I heavily relied on his videos as well as Tony's (UKswraith) Anovos build thread.

Little update: started working on the back part of the forearms today. Got the first one trimmed out fine, since it only had one cut line, though the second piece (#19 in the Anovos kit) has two cut lines, but only on one side. Been told I should cut from the uppermost line on the side that has two cut lines, since I am small.

20180812_115932-min (1).jpg

Edited by Triplet99c
  • Like 1

Little update: started working on the back part of the forearms today. Got the first one trimmed out fine, since it only had one cut line, though the second piece (#19 in the Anovos kit) has two cut lines, but only on one side. Been told I should cut from the uppermost line on the side that has two cut lines, since I am small.
Yes as most likely you will have to trim more. But be sure to check your fit.

I guess for some reason the add media/images button has disappeared for me. Hm.
Was this the one you wanted to post?71c199ab3a19cd14e23532d63f9e9aed.jpg

Just remember to completely remove the wrist side return edge. It will save you in the long run.

Welcome! Checking out @Cricket's various builds will definitely be helpful! I believe @shashachu has also sized a lot of her armour down, so take a look at her builds as well!

Edited by lucnak
user tags
  • Like 1

Welcome Taylor!  Good to see another Vertically Challenged build underway!

And remember, short troopers make Vader look epic.  :)  

Will be following! 

• Like 3

Yup that a right, but remember the wrist has no return edge. So ignore that line and cut from the inside.

Welcome! Great to see another shorty. :) I'm 5' 3" and made it to Centurion so I'm sure you'll do great!

Like everyone else said, take it slowly and remember that almost no mistake is unfixable. Besides trimming, us small troopers also have to do a lot of head bending to make the kits fit - most people use the hot water bath because it's much more forgiving, but I used a heat gun extensively and found it to be an indispensable tool, just one that you have to be very very careful with. I'll be following this thread. :)

• Like 1

Wasn't able to update for quite some time, since the forums were down. Anyway, I got some work done yesterday and took a break today. I cut out the last of the forearms and cut the knee plate. I also marked where to cut on the shoulder pads(there are some light blue marks on there). First test fit for one of my forearms, and boy is it huge! Looks like I've got a looot of trimming to do! Just gotta figure out where exactly. 8c9c0657ac9fc2b2bc8c12b830523fec.jpg4ea69d3bb2b686c0b6d27242e9c5b10c.jpg8e86b6c8d231444a5ed8dd79469ce2b1.jpg

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking good, Taylor.

Just a little thing - if you’re going for the usual 15mm coverstrips on the forearms, I’d suggest you consider taking more excess from the front to create the correct “ridge” look at the front.

As per the below pic, the ridge sits only a couple/few mm either side of the coverstrip. If you were to put a 15mm coverstrip up to yours, it looks like the ridge would be quite large.

f4a5a859f393088d6696ed4a6c64c907.jpg

It looks like you have plenty of room to play with, so any excess that needs removing to fit these parts to your arms can be trimmed from around the back. As the front is the main part that people will look at, personally I’d prioritise the front of the arms over the back.

Best wishes
Dan

:-)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Looking good, Taylor. emoji1303.png

Just a little thing - if you’re going for the usual 15mm coverstrips on the forearms, I’d suggest you consider taking more excess from the front to create the correct “ridge” look at the front.

As per the below pic, the ridge sits only a couple/few mm either side of the coverstrip. If you were to put a 15mm coverstrip up to yours, it looks like the ridge would be quite large.

f4a5a859f393088d6696ed4a6c64c907.jpg

It looks like you have plenty of room to play with, so any excess that needs removing to fit these parts to your arms can be trimmed from around the back. As the front is the main part that people will look at, personally I’d prioritise the front of the arms over the back.

Best wishes
Dan

:-)

Oh, I see! Thank you for the advice! I'll be sure to keep that in mind!

I was going to say trim from the inside of the forearm but Dan beat me to it.

• Like 1