TK-22706 Requesting ANH EIB Status [WTF] (845)

19 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Hey Jeff, one of the DOs will be with you shortly. While you;re waiting please post a photo of the waist belt inner connections. 

Thank you

Here's one I have from when my rivet pulled through recently and I fixed.

BWVoCPuWplRKQt9efs44vIEunHRUOXvw1SSHG7jY

I can get a better one once I am home from work if necessary

Edited by StrmTRPR85

Closed the gap at the top of my calves...much better.

XfneRSnVrkwt79scJ7A0KwCs2zPy2xyfH9s9fNUm

Have to use needle nose pilers to get the top strap connected but am happy.  Apologies undersuit is in the wash as first troop is tomorrow!.

Edited by StrmTRPR85
Typ
  • Like 1

Much better,  Jeff!  You will probably learn a lot on your first troop (congrats, BTW!) about how you armor fits and what may need to be adjusted.  

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually able to suit up all on my own this time.  Also I took all the pictures myself.  

yERZhp-N5lsjlY_SRwe4hFQJ9qLDYVTqDDDtCgFn

jFS-GH2GQsB_3wJItGjPNmIx0d-w57KicMORCM_s

vJr5brw2PhMxSXv24apLb6ERHp3vMos-ci3znwdC

mrfF_Y9TU0fcqkS4xin5NSE0cdJ0lTmqdvC4dBVA

dH-RwO0dqRMGujBHsOJBxXopsrBQCQcPv5jTHRh7

pjJ7EJEYAV2e5QiSoRqGmBvp-vn7Ep8rEbMmxah_

Su0SRfTPnu953paiHIqTsa8zWvFrKVqW4bdBtShO

-YthvT6yq4YXz8RZA8xOQHLoYDhBcLjKPhSODtDU

and Stormtrooper selfie

tmDvQrQLIYhBDB_CuD_YLX1D5MO7yQY0KQHsRe5v

Edited by StrmTRPR85

10 hours ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

I was actually able to suit up all on my own this time.  Also I took all the pictures myself.  

yERZhp-N5lsjlY_SRwe4hFQJ9qLDYVTqDDDtCgFn 

jFS-GH2GQsB_3wJItGjPNmIx0d-w57KicMORCM_s

vJr5brw2PhMxSXv24apLb6ERHp3vMos-ci3znwdC

mrfF_Y9TU0fcqkS4xin5NSE0cdJ0lTmqdvC4dBVA

dH-RwO0dqRMGujBHsOJBxXopsrBQCQcPv5jTHRh7

pjJ7EJEYAV2e5QiSoRqGmBvp-vn7Ep8rEbMmxah_

Su0SRfTPnu953paiHIqTsa8zWvFrKVqW4bdBtShO

-YthvT6yq4YXz8RZA8xOQHLoYDhBcLjKPhSODtDU

and Stormtrooper selfie

tmDvQrQLIYhBDB_CuD_YLX1D5MO7yQY0KQHsRe5v

I think your biceps can come up a bit. also your drop  boxes need to be fixed and photos retaken. 

You forgot to ad that selfie pic:smiley-sw013: kidding aside you look great Jeff and I don’t think they will have you retake the pics just because that elusive drop box getting caught on the thigh but you never know so good call in waiting it out and I really like the low biceps, ads to the ANH look and feel of the suit:duim:

1 hour ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

I'm gonna wait for one of the DOs to decide before I go do any more

27 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

You forgot to ad that selfie pic:smiley-sw013: kidding aside you look great Jeff and I don’t think they will have you retake the pics just because that elusive drop box getting caught on the thigh but you never know so good call in waiting it out and I really like the low biceps, ads to the ANH look and feel of the suit:duim:

ah yes, excuse me. thought this was a Centurion post. you are both correct that the drop boxes wont matter here. but when you apply for Centurion that wont fly.

Hi, Jeff, and thank you for your EIB application and your patience. Let's get to it, brother!
CRL and EIB Application Requirements:
All the required submission photos have been posted, and your armour meets all the necessary requirements for level 2.  With that Tony and myself would like to welcome you to Expert Infantry.   Congratulations!  :salute: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:
In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections

First, we seriously appreciate for all the updated photos/corrections so far... so I am basing this review on your original ones and the ones you resubmitted.  Not a ton of issues, but some items that could use your attention and get you ready for your next step, so let's get started!

The paint job on your left tear is a bit small.  It should fill in the indentation more, just as the one on your right does. 

Reference image

WHsy4JO.jpg?1   MPESErP.jpg?2  CfQXTQB.jpg

The square buttons on your ammo belt could be cleaned up by removing the excess E-6000 that seeped out.  (I had the same issue).  I suggest (carefully) using a razor knife on the edges and then a popsicle stick or your thumb to scrape it off.  Easy peasy.

Reference image

Y1uPq94.jpg    SMRTZTu.jpg?1

Your latex hand guards have turned yellow due to sun exposure (it happens).  In the films, they put a coat of white paint on them so that they would match the armor, which is my recommendation to give you a sharper appearance.

Reference image

GGDmZe2.jpg?1     HprRgRJ.jpg?1

Your left drop box strap is a bit too short and sits on the front of your ammo belt.  I noticed in almost all of your photos that it hangs up on your thigh armor causing it to tilt.  They should hang below with a minimal gap.  This should be an easy fix!

Reference image

YjPu5A4.jpg?1    qZM5eUb.jpg     lBycI2s.jpg?1

Not a deal breaker by any means, but if you want to you can remove more of the return edge from your back plate.

U9NaFCl.jpg?1

Centurion Suggestions:

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.  We add these as a way to enhance the overall look of your armor and get you looking sharp(er)!

Not sure if you noticed, but your shoulder bells are on the wrong sides, and will need to be changed for level 3, (another easy fix). There is a "swoop" at the bottom of the outer ridge of each which should face forward.

Reference images

ohJaZtk.jpg?1  NZJQBxs.jpg?3C7t6irq.jpg?1

The paint on the teeth needs to be cleaned up on the edges.  A cotton swab and some NON ACETONE paint remover should take care of this easily.

CRL:  "Frown area is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area".

Adp6GF5.jpg?1 

Reference images 

GbMfO90.jpg?1

The gap on the right side is back in your last set of updated photos.  This will need to be eliminated for level 3, and could just be a matter of attaching some strapping on that side to hold it together.

CRL:  "Ideally there is no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor".

Reference image

hHscubl.jpg?1      XUdtzJA.jpg?2

I see that you put some glue on the straps in the rear of your drop boxes to keep them in place, but they still need to align with the outer edge of the ammo belt.  I had the same exact issue and I ended up just eliminating the loop and gluing the strap directly behind it. 

CRL:  Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt.."

Reference image

WVp7fra.jpg?1   lcXp20u.jpg?3

I see that there is a larger than normal gap between your shoulder bells and chest/back, that they should sit closer to the shoulder bridge, and that you may have trimmed too much off of the sides, but you have attempted to correct this by reshaping them and eliminating all the return edges.  It will not affect you at level 3, but I suggest looking into replacing them at some point.  (Don't forget the direction of the swoops)! :duim:

You have done a really nice job on this build, brother, and I applaud your pursuit of perfection.  Just a few more steps and then I expect to see your submission for Centurion! 

• Like 1

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-22706 Requesting ANH EIB Status [WTF] (845)

Woo hoo made it!

Tear Paint:

2 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

The paint job on your left tear is a bit small.  It should fill in the indentation more, just as the one on your right does. 

Reference image

WHsy4JO.jpg?1   MPESErP.jpg?2  CfQXTQB.jpg

I see that now looking more closely at the helmet in front of me.  I thought I freehanded up to the top "ridge".  Easy fix :)

Handguards:

Your latex hand guards have turned yellow due to sun exposure (it happens).  In the films, they put a coat of white paint on them so that they would match the armor, which is my recommendation to give you a sharper appearance.

I got plenty of white latex paint left by the previous home owners so heres another easy fix and plus painting them is screen accurate!

Dropboxes:

Your left drop box strap is a bit too short and sits on the front of your ammo belt.

I had the same exact issue and I ended up just eliminating the loop and gluing the strap directly behind it. 

Yea i'll probably just end up cutting and glueing in place.  KIST "Keep It Simple Trooper"

Bells:

There is a "swoop" at the bottom of the outer ridge of each which should face forward.

I knew there was a left right, but forgot the clue as to what it was.  Bells are swapped and labeled now for piece of mind.

I see that there is a larger than normal gap between your shoulder bells and chest/back, that they should sit closer to the shoulder bridge, and that you may have trimmed too much off of the sides, but you have attempted to correct this by reshaping them and eliminating all the return edges.  It will not affect you at level 3, but I suggest looking into replacing them at some point.  (Don't forget the direction of the swoops)! :duim:

I know Walt ended up making bigger bells.  I think I probably trimmed a bit much....I might look into seeing if anyone that ordered the replacement bells wants to get rid of there untrimmed originals.

Right Side Ab Gap:

The gap on the right side is back in your last set of updated photos.  This will need to be eliminated for level 3, and could just be a matter of attaching some strapping on that side to hold it together.

I'm working on making that strapping tighter, currently the snap pops out sometimes so looking at fixing that, might switch from elastic to nylon and change the snap.  Or I'll sign up for a marathon

Teeth:

The paint on the teeth needs to be cleaned up on the edges.  A cotton swab and some NON ACETONE paint remover should take care of this easily.

I got just the stuff.

Backplate:

Not a deal breaker by any means, but if you want to you can remove more of the return edge from your back plate

Wow I can remove that much?!? Probably the same on the other side to?  Very interesting....

Thank you again to everyone!  This has been such a great experience and I am honored to be # 845 EIB!  Keep on Trooping!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

Backplate:

Wow I can remove that much?!? Probably the same on the other side to?  Very interesting....

Loving the "can do" attitude, Jeff!  :jc_doublethumbup:  You certainly can remove a lot of it (or most of it).  Again, not required, though.

Reference images

gvMDTZD.jpg?1    19nOKFX.jpg?1

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Congratulations on beeing Expert Infantry:salute:

16 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Congratulations trooper 

15 hours ago, magni said:

Congratulations Jeff!:duim:

Welcome to the higher Ranks!

2 hours ago, TK-40996 said:

Congratulations on achieving EIB !!