WTF ANH Stunt build for the Str8 Shooter

Hello all!  I have started my first build, and have a WIP on the local garrison, but thought I'd see what folks at FISD thought as well.  

Although as a teenager I think I'd be the perfect build for a stormtrooper (maybe a little short...) but now I'd say I shop in the husky section :)

Shooting for Centurion out of the box. Here are pics of the bucket thus far: getting ready to paint it by hand.

20180707_183227_resized.jpg

Edited by Str8 Shooter Stormtrooper
space saving
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Str8 Shooter Stormtrooper said:

I think I've maxed my upload ability on this thread.  Keept getting error messages although the image is 214kb.

I suggest using a host, Imgur.com or google photos is popular choices around here or using tapatalk:)

For the trimming I would do something like this, you can trim less to begin with and see how you like before trimming more:salute:

JWqjroZ.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/20/2018 at 12:35 PM, TheSwede said:

I suggest using a host, Imgur.com or google photos is popular choices around here or using tapatalk:)

For the trimming I would do something like this, you can trim less to begin with and see how you like before trimming more:salute:

Thanks for the input on this. Wasn't sure if I could go smaller on the back as it's sort of a little "backpack": good to know I can.  I'm on the short and heavier side for a stormtrooper so any extra room in there will help.

On 8/20/2018 at 9:37 PM, shashachu said:

Good to see another wtf build! Personally I'd trim the teeth a bit more.

1 hour ago, Str8 Shooter Stormtrooper said:

Oh yeah I worked on that grill. Almost done with the bucket: will post some pics soon!

@shashachu you said the same thing on my teeth....and they look amazing now!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Str8 Shooter Stormtrooper said:

Thanks for the input on this. Wasn't sure if I could go smaller on the back as it's sort of a little "backpack": good to know I can.  I'm on the short and heavier side for a stormtrooper so any extra room in there will help.

Anytime:salute: Here`s a screen shot for reference

3wxRzhF.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, any ideas on how to post more pics? I added some links on another post (helmet pics) but no responses.  Site says I can only add 0.3MB and I've tried adding smaller but : no dice. I'd rather not delete a bunch of earlier posts as maybe someone will possibly learn from my process. I've seen other WIPs with a lot more pics.

20 minutes ago, Str8 Shooter Stormtrooper said:

Hey guys, any ideas on how to post more pics? I added some links on another post (helmet pics) but no responses.  Site says I can only add 0.3MB and I've tried adding smaller but : no dice. I'd rather not delete a bunch of earlier posts as maybe someone will possibly learn from my process. I've seen other WIPs with a lot more pics.

Some great info in this post https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42381-howto-post-images-in-threads-using-imgur-easy/

• Like 1

Looks good. I think you may have put the tube stripes on the wrong sides. The left side looks off to me.

The police will be by soon I'm sure.:P

Great paint job. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Bit hard to tell from the photos but most won't notice and I've seen many a trooper approved that way, but there should be more of the curve at the top of the front of the stripes, as if it's falling forward, if that makes sense.

tubes_zps367f095e.jpg

ANH_Trooper_Christies_09.JPG

LFL_Storm_Stunt03.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Str8 Shooter Stormtrooper said:

Good to know.  That's how they went on right off the sticker template...From what I researched they seemed universal.

Looking Good Michael. Tube stripes do seem a bit off. But, I do not see that being an issue for the approval process. As Glen already stated, most won't even notice. :duim:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Bud Spaklur said:

If you are going with bracket strapping, you’ll need the return edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he's doing brackets will need to build a return edge on the top of the butt plate and bottom of kidney as WTF TK those parts come as one piece and you need to cut them apart

• Like 1