Commander Gree, requesting TK pre-approval review!

Alright all here it is. I am asking for your help to let me know if there are any changes needing to be made before I submit for my approval to the GML. 

Name: Jordan Tindol

Garrison: Star Garrison

Armor: AM

Bucket: AM

Cloth Belt: unknown (bought second hand/New)

Neck Seal: Darman's Props

Boots: TK Boots

Blaster: Hyperform

Height: 6'1" (186cm)

Weight: 215 lbs (98 kg)

Type: TK ANH Stunt

Super big thank you to every one of you that had a hand in this, both on the forum and in person! ( @justjoseph63 @ukswrath @Pretzel @LTM @TheSwede @Frank75139 @Seansull and everyone else i may forgot to mention (Im sorry))

ERTde7o.jpg
9BFsS7v.jpg
sFPIEow.jpg
QRMY9FN.jpg
VX0fEmV.jpg
6s2b5IH.jpg
X8q1PbL.jpg
Fxhdln7.jpg
aFhTgUQ.jpg
8VR3swC.jpg
KnBBEpT.jpg
gBLHtLO.jpg
KP2mr6b.jpg
wX9cbO8.jpg
ZevRfwD.jpg
MTKGkHa.jpg
qlS7JGx.jpg
1ZMA22N.jpg
9q3lort.jpg
d8Rm2yl.jpg
j7na9E6.jpg
qWzzEAS.jpg
ivnPiZT.jpg
W7enzL4.jpg
my3nZEv.jpg
gtfS7A0.jpg
1O9t8Mr.jpg
6sVsSuj.jpg
2BdwT11.jpg
xgaRbix.jpg
kTqMlJw.jpg
75VXYuY.jpg
XsL86Jc.jpg
loWb62K.jpg

Edited by Commander Gree
Added info and fixed photos
  • Like 3

In order to get the most responses, I would suggest this, Jordan:

When you click on the photo(s) in your imgur library, choose the "Direct Link" option in the drop down box on the right.  This will post them on here so that they can be seen.

From the ones I looked at, you have some INSANELY nice connections, brother, (ab/kidney, back/kidney/back/posterior).  B E A utiful!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

In order to get the most responses, I would suggest this, Jordan:

When you click on the photo(s) in your imgur library, choose the "Direct Link" option in the drop down box on the right.  This will post them on here so that they can be seen.

Dang it. I normally get that right. let me fix it! 

Looking sharp, and fantastic job on that AM armor, Jordan... this should be a super easy pass for basic ! :duim:  (You are going to love that double snap system, I promise).  A couple of things I noticed that will help you get to the next level:

1.  A great paint job on that bucket, but the black around the ears could use some thinning out, and the ear bump could use some widening.

Reference image

ReLOL7l.jpg?1         N8NuwsU.jpg?1

In the first photo, your sniper knee plate wants to get caught under your thigh.  This is a really common thing (I had it myself) and can be easily fixed by either adding a 8 x 1 x 1 inch piece of foam inside (behind the front cover strip) and/or making sure your left thigh is high enough.  It seems to off a bit in the pic below.

DBBRpBb.jpg?1

I can tell you really took your time on this armor, brother, and once you get basic approval, I expect to see your EI submission right after, sir!  Great work!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Looking sharp, and fantastic job on that AM armor, Jordan... this should be a super easy pass for basic ! :duim:  (You are going to love that double snap system, I promise).  A couple of things I noticed that will help you get to the next level:

1.  A great paint job on that bucket, but the black around the ears could use some thinning out, and the ear bump could use some widening.

Reference image

ReLOL7l.jpg?1         N8NuwsU.jpg?1

In the first photo, your sniper knee plate wants to get caught under your thigh.  This is a really common thing (I had it myself) and can be easily fixed by either adding a 8 x 1 x 1 inch piece of foam inside (behind the front cover strip) and/or making sure your left thigh is high enough.  It seems to off a bit in the pic below.

DBBRpBb.jpg?1

I can tell you really took your time on this armor, brother, and once you get basic approval, I expect to see your EI submission right after, sir!  Great work!  

Any suggestions to thin out the black around the bumps? mineral spirits? and yeah i was afraid of that sniper knee. I think if i can get that thigh pulled up more it might help with that. not sure why its sitting off like that. My wife did an amazing job though with taking direction with my photos.

2 hours ago, Commander Gree said:

Any suggestions to thin out the black around the bumps? mineral spirits? and yeah i was afraid of that sniper knee. I think if i can get that thigh pulled up more it might help with that. not sure why its sitting off like that. My wife did an amazing job though with taking direction with my photos.

I'd use something like an Exacto knife.  Use the tip to scrape/shape the outline edge of the paint where it goes "outside the lines."  It'll come right off and leave a sharp edge.  Go easy with the tip of the knife -- you just want to scrape paint, not plastic, and go slowly.  It's really easier than it sounds.

As another A.M. builder, I'm thrilled with how great a job you did Jordan!  I hope my build turns out so well.

A.J.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

Really nice job, minor things to fix but you did great on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank did you see anything else other than what was pointed out? or just talking about the stuff Joseph pointed out. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated sir

Frank did you see anything else other than what was pointed out? or just talking about the stuff Joseph pointed out. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated sir

Just the stuff that was pointed out already. I will say to make sure in your pics everything is aligned. I was shot down for my lines being slightly off. Every garrison is different I just know it happened to me and it’s an easy fix. It’s always best to have someone who knows how to dress a TK do the pictures. My wife did mine and things got misaligned and I didn’t realize and she had no clue. Take the pics, then check them before undressing.
As for the ear bump lines. Mine are thick too. Thin is more accurate but the helmets Weren’t perfect. I have the same issue with my knee. I’m currently off this coming week and I plan on breaking it out and trimming the tops of both my thighs. Mainly for fit after a few troops but its also the added benefit of getting it away from the knee plate. I have the foam back there and it helps a bit. But it still bothers me.

It’s all easy stuff to fix.

2 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

Just the stuff that was pointed out already. I will say to make sure in your pics everything is aligned. I was shot down for my lines being slightly off. Every garrison is different I just know it happened to me and it’s an easy fix. It’s always best to have someone who knows how to dress a TK do the pictures. My wife did mine and things got misaligned and I didn’t realize and she had no clue. Take the pics, then check them before undressing.
As for the ear bump lines. Mine are thick too. Thin is more accurate but the helmets Weren’t perfect. I have the same issue with my knee. I’m currently off this coming week and I plan on breaking it out and trimming the tops of both my thighs. Mainly for fit after a few troops but its also the added benefit of getting it away from the knee plate. I have the foam back there and it helps a bit. But it still bothers me.

It’s all easy stuff to fix.

My wife did an amazing job, i was really lucky! she is a theater teacher had has an eye for detail. i briefed her on some things like the lines and believe me she made sure they were straight. I am so happy she has supported me through this, there have been some F bombs thrown down the stairs a time or two lol. But yes, i did stress to her about the alignment and every time i moved something shifted slightly, she caught it right away and it got fixed. just that little thing with the thigh slipped through (bummed) but i will figure that out before submitting L2/L3

10 hours ago, Commander Gree said:

Any suggestions to thin out the black around the bumps? mineral spirits? 

As I mentioned, you shouldn't have any problems with basic, depending on your GML.  Those were minor suggestions for the higher levels, and you did an incredible job with that build.

If it were me, this is what I would do with the ears:

1.  Using a handful of Q-tips and some NON ACETONE (very important) paint remover, take the paint off the edges.

2.  Tape off the area with blue painter's tape.  (I have added a photo below, but bear in mind that I just did it on an existing bucket of mine for an example).

3.  Hit the edges with a very light coat of white paint first.  This will seal the edges of the tape and prevent any bleeding of the black, giving you a crisp line.

4.  Let that dry for about 10-15 minutes.

5.  Paint on the black, extending up a bit farther up the ear bump than it needs to be.  **

6.  Remove the tape after 10 minutes.  Otherwise, the tape can lift some of the paint off.

7.  After the black completely dries, apply the gray, then the black on the rank stripe.

**  The reason I suggest painting the black a little higher than it needs to be is that it is easier to make a straight line with the gray around the edges,

• Like 1

Jordan, beauty build. Strapping is *chef's kiss*! Joseph brought up pretty much everything. I feel like your shins may be a bit high, but I also noticed the velcro on your boots to help this. Do you think adding a stirrup of sorts could help keep them down? Should help prevent sniper knee lock.

Just now, lucnak said:

Jordan, beauty build. Strapping is *chef's kiss*! Joseph brought up pretty much everything. I feel like your shins may be a bit high, but I also noticed the velcro on your boots to help this. Do you think adding a stirrup of sorts could help keep them down? Should help prevent sniper knee lock.

I didn't pay attention when I was kitting up, and ended up with the shins higher than the Velcro, just hitting the top of it. I dressed yesterday because I was messing with my electronics in the helmet (Having Feedback like crazy) and made sure to lower the shins, walked around with no issues. also got the thighs evened up. Only thing keeping from submitting EIB is the ear paint

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Commander Gree said:

APPROVED!!!

TK-21523 reporting in!!!

Suh-WEET!  Congrats on your approval, Trooper!  I forgot to add the photo I mentioned above.  As soon as you get that done, I expect to see your EI submission! :jc_doublethumbup:

kJhxKj7.jpg?1

• Like 1

Just now, justjoseph63 said:

Suh-WEET!  Congrats on your approval, Trooper!  I forgot to add the photo I mentioned above.  As soon as you get that done, I expect to see your EI submission! :jc_doublethumbup:

kJhxKj7.jpg?1

it will be worked on this evening and will hope to have photos ready to go by tonight

• Like 1

Jordan. Very well done on this armor! Happy to see you get this completed. You should be approved in no time. All the points have been made, I hope to see you submit for your EIB submission very soon. Outstanding job. :peace: