Pam's WTF ANH Build

kekike2002

Yay excited to see another WTF TK build!

Also great that your is  goal centurion same as mine. Cricket has done a short WTF TK build, not sure if anyone has pointed you her way yet.

I just completed my basic approval on my WTF TK and I can say your doing great.

I personally prefer the ear gaps gives your TK character and makes it uniquely yours

• Like 1

Hey, thanks. Yes, I have been reading Crickets like crazy. I love how she explains everything. Congrats on completing yours. That's exciting. I'll get there. I just need to get past this ear situation. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the ears....walked away from them for awhile. Now trying to put together the rest of the puzzle. I'm 5'2" 110 lbs. Definitely a challenge. Lots of cutting.

Looking great!  I'm still working on my WTF ANH stunt build. The ears, the ears!  Spent most of my time there. Hoping to get Centurion but will settle for basic at this point.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 5:04 PM, kekike2002 said:

Thank you for the encouragement. I just dont want to mess it up. Thank you so much.

I referenced some of these videos during my build.  They helped me with the “how” type questions.  What TK1636 does may not be perfect, but at least, it’s visually helpful as a guide.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeDunMes3e0wQn8_ns-ma4g

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bucket is coming along nicely!

As for the body. I remember following Crickets and then Sha Sha's build. Both great to follow which I'm sure you are. I would have to say everything needs to be made smaller to fit your frame. Putting return edges back on will be the hardest. But technically no return edges are required. Just for illusion of thickness. 

Best of luck Future Trooper!

:popcorn:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kekike2002 said:

Got new kidney! Suggestions on fitting this huge thing!? 11fae406a6ac0ed05eca974ae67305c0.jpg

Any chance of taking a look on the inside of the ab plate to see how your cod is fixed in there?  Your cod looks super small in relation to your ab and chest plates; the proportion looks a little off to me.  It looks like the ab and chest haven't been trimmed at all, and they need to be for your height.  I suggest bringing the cod down a bit.   As things are now, when you get the belt on, you're going to be all ab and no cod.  Does that make sense?  

Your ab button box should be centered somewhere just below your sternum.  Keep that in mind as a guide for your "center point" for sizing on the ab.  The horizontal lines on the chest plate should sit right at a horizontal lines along the middle of your chest.  Once you've identified where your center points are for the chest and ab, it becomes much clearer where you will need to trim.  If the chest covers the ab box too much, then trim the chest at the neck first.  If that trim starts to bring the horizontal chest line up too high, then you will need to trim at the bottom of the chest as well.  Do the best you can to keep your center points in their places.

Now, back to that cod....  Here's a pic of me (and my cosplay-addicted son) so you can see how much cod there is on my kit.  The size of the cod is in proportion with the ab and chest plates.  I trimmed the cod (from both the top of the cod as well as the sides), the chest (from all sides, including recreating new returns on the bottom and sides), and ab (trimming from the top and recreating new returns at the top for brackets) to get here.

43280421034_c1a423b3c5_b.jpg

And here is a pic from a WTF kit I'm currently working on for a friend in my Garrison.   She is 4'9".  Even though she is quite Vertically Challenged, her armor looks proportionally appropriate on her.  The chest line is centered on her breast midline, and the ab button box is just below her sternum.  I don't have a return on the bottom of the chest plate intentionally.  It's not required for higher level awards.  Mark Hamill never had a bottom chest return on his Hero TK.  ;) 

43924970951_94929cc244_c.jpg

And a screen reference shot:

gallery_14191_17_44694.jpg

I would tackle these issues first before moving on to your kidney.  The kidney will be fitting with the ab, and until you get the ab placement correct (which also means locking in your chest and cod for size first), you will be setting yourself up for frustration.  

Good luck!  You can do it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kekike2002 said:

I also have alot of room in the arch of my back and in my abs. Can I put padding in there?

Pad to your heart's delight so long as the armor section placement is correct and the padding cannot be seen :duim:

• Like 2

Thank you for all the info yesterday Cricket. I wish that I would have known the center points to start. I hope it's ok to use your photo in a collage to compare with mine. On mine it looks like I need to try and line everything up better. But I feel like I'm on the right track?84e1560e6855ec39613767a297105fde.jpg

• Like 1

Definitely better!  :)  My friend is a lot shorter than you, so we're having to make mods to her suit that may not necessarily apply to your build.  I don't mind if you use my pics for comparison, but always use screen references first because your kit will ultimately be compared to the TKs we all know and love in ANH. 

I like this screen grab of the Hero TK because it shows the whole smaller suit nicely.  The chest plate is cut short, but it totally works.  That belt is slipping, Luke!

29075607767_04edc1b649_b.jpg

And this one, too.  Short TK Luke on the far right.

43964197952_6abf2b7604_o.jpg

To me, your chest still looks a little too large.  If the center line on the breast plate is where you want it (maybe move it up a smidge?), then you might want to begin trimming from the bottom.   Take a look at how much of the vertical center ridge you can see on these full-sized troopers (it's just above the ab button box). 
42203700070_c3e05b7e82_o.jpg

That's what you want to emulate, even when you're Vertically Challenged.  It's details like that that make a sized-down suit look its best (IMO, of course).

Okay, a little off topic, but I just noticed the pinch in your kidney...

43106447595_a9664405df_o.jpg

I know you're on the smaller side, but I'm a little concerned about this.  The WTF kit is really, really small.  You probably won't need to cut the butt plate at all.  I have not had to make any huge alterations to the kit for my 5'4", 110lb frame (which was pleasantly unexpected!).  I trimmed less than a centimeter off of the sides of the kidney and ab plates, and that was just to remove the ugly parts around the edges.   If this kind of detail was located at the bottom of the kidney, it wouldn't be a big deal at all because you're going to need to cut the kidney from the bottom to size it down for length.  I don't know how much space you have in there, so you might be able to cut all of it off.  Still, it's better to have more space inside (and add padding) than to have the suit fit you snug.  

I strongly recommend that you shape your ab and kidney to fit via hot water bath first before making any additional cuts.  Here's my WTF kit before and after shaping in hot water.  (FYI, I spent most of my efforts on shaping both sides of the kidney, and a little bit on the right side of the ab.  The left side of the ab didn't need any fixing.)

42359473782_6833a3c191.jpg42359473582_48eef9419b.jpg

After shaping, try everything on again (just the ab and kidney together, not the chest) and you'll get a much better idea of how much you may need to take in around the waist area.  For me, I didn't have to remove any extra plastic.  If you don't need to take extra plastic off, then you have two options: 1. figure out how to flatten out that crimp (a heat sealing iron would do the job quite well, actually), or 2. send Walt a message with pics of the crimp, tell him that you can't cut off that area of the kidney due to sizing, and ask for a replacement.  He's really great to work with on things like this!

• Like 2