Pam's WTF ANH Build

kekike2002

Hello everyone!  I have to say that this is one of the scariest things I've done.  Have not 1 clue of what I'm doing.  So I have asked my husband and now you guys for help.  I am hopefully going to be a Short Stormtrooper...lol...everything is so big!  Got lots to do.  We decided to do the helmet first. After working on it off and on, I need other eyes to look at it. Trying to figure out how to upload pics. http://imgur.com/a/0gxdrZd

b19ff965507817db760d78f763b8f04d.jpg03a0eb57ed083b75de8b7317b6445e1f.jpg21d3befe94471e42c1c6a495e9604af1.jpga0cba693b509a523a1872a643efa46cd.jpg

Edited by kekike2002

Also, check out this build.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41502-crickets-wtf-hero-build-even-more-tk-for-the-vertically-challenged/

Good luck on your build! Bucket looks good. I would trim a bit more from the eyes, but that is just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I won’t lie, yes it is. ;) That feeling is normal. Remember to do lots of research, measure 3 or 4 times, trim pieces on the large side, and use E6000. Nearly all mistakes can be fixed. Post pics and ask questions and you’ll do fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I second wook,on checking out crickets build. I'm in the middle of my first build as well, and it can be daunting, but it's totally doable. I did build my helmet a couple of years back, though. Ears and teeth are nerve-wracking!.

I also agree you can lose a little more in the eyes, and I think a little in the teeth as well. You're almost there. I found a needle file kit was invaluable. I also think you could trim the ears a little more as well.

So far so good. There is a really helpful community on this forum, so you're taking all the right steps. Slow and steady wins the race.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

PS edit: When talking about the ears, I referring to trimming the curve some more, not really the caps.

• Like 1

Hey Pam, good thing you stopped by, I noticed you have the ears on the wrong sides so you need to swap them, they should look like this - Keep it up - you’ll get there:salute:

qvWzgnV.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kekike2002 said:

Thank you, so frustrating. I had read how the ears are a pain, and now I get it. emoji849.png

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not to worry, You have plenty of material on the ears to make them fit the other way around and maby they fit as they are:)

Inluding a screen used helmet for clarity:salute:

ANHsandtrooperhelmetrightprofile.jpg
  • Like 1

Thank you! I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions. I can read about it all day, but actually doing it is a whole different story.

Thank you! I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions. I can read about it all day, but actually doing it is a whole different story.

Looks like you are doing well! Great work! Reference this photo for details. It looks like you can shave a bit more off the teeth. :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Not sure if I should say anything, because I totally missed the ears being backwards (still face palming), but looking at the picture I think you need to move the ear up slightly to better hide the curve where the cap and face plate meet. Also, I'm not sure if you have cut your brow trim yet but I think it should slide right some almost to the end of the trap. To do this, you'll probably have to make a little slit in the bottom, and it slides over the cap piece a little. Adding pic of mine to illustrate. It's all about hiding the seam between cap and faceplate.

Before I do the other side, this?99e69804f65903b74bb720e7f6321c56.jpg38428d6bff346767ae38268827d5eeea.jpg

fda9efb422fb0d503b8e096574895d15.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here's a screen cap.gallery_12157_11_225672.jpg
I feel stuck! I cant move the ears anymore. I wanted to build it to Centurion level. I just cant figure out how to fix it.

Your fine with how they sit. Walt's ears run a little short so they wont go higher.

You're doing good after the easy switch of ears. Could your brow trim be a little longer? It would be great to get it to end of trap but if you already trimmed it a bit short just make sure its spaced evenly.

Walt's kit will be perfect for you. Just take your time study Crickets thread and ask any questions. Only dumb question is one not asked. Oh, and relax and enjoy the experience, it's only plastic!;)

Keep up the good work!:duim:

Edited by magni
  • Like 1

Thank you for the encouragement. I just dont want to mess it up. Thank you so much.

Your fine with how they sit. Walt's ears run a little short so they wont go higher.
You're doing good after the easy switch of ears. Could your brow trim be a little longer? It would be great to get it to end of trap but if you already trimmed it a bit short just make sure its spaced evenly.
Walt's kit will be perfect for you. Just take your time study Crickets thread and ask any questions. Only dumb question is one not asked. Oh, and relax and enjoy the experience, it's only plastic!

Keep up the good work!:duim:

46 minutes ago, kekike2002 said:

I wanted to build it to Centurion level.

Ears - Centurion level as still a go:duim:

47 minutes ago, kekike2002 said:

I just cant figure out how to fix it.

If you`re not happy with how they turned out I´m sure you can order an extra set of ears from Walt and have another go:)

• Like 1