WIP TK ANH...HERE WE GOOOOO, (slowly)!!!

Commander Gree

Ok, I think I am going to try and get my belt completed this weekend. Question about the drop boxes, Can I use snaps or just glue them to the straps to hang from the belt, or do they need to be rivets that hold them in. I would like snaps because I could then remove the boxes for whatever reason, be it to rework them as actual working boxes or whatever? Going for L3 here so need to take that into account if it matters. CRL was no help for this.

33 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

Ok, I think I am going to try and get my belt completed this weekend. Question about the drop boxes, Can I use snaps or just glue them to the straps to hang from the belt, or do they need to be rivets that hold them in. I would like snaps because I could then remove the boxes for whatever reason, be it to rework them as actual working boxes or whatever? Going for L3 here so need to take that into account if it matters. CRL was no help for this.

Just so I understand you correctly, are you referring to the pop rivets on the back on the drop boxes circled in Red? 

DropBoxes.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pretzel said:

Just so I understand you correctly, are you referring to the pop rivets on the back on the drop boxes circled in Red? 

DropBoxes.png

YES! lol. thank you for posting that pic. yes that is what im asking. Can I use snaps there, or can I just glue that down. or does it need to be riveted for L3 approval?

I made mine snaps so I can switch to HWT and back as needed.

I also added a little bit of weight to keep them down and not flipping all over the place.

In this pic, you can see the back of the snap

YKEgDtm.jpg

Edited by LTM
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LTM said:

I made mine snaps so I can switch to HWT and back as needed.

I also added a little bit of weight to keep them down and not flipping all over the place.

In this pic, you can see the back of the snap

YKEgDtm.jpg

My biggest concern is the L3 approval. I have seen people get knocked for stuff that isn't listed in the CRL but is "screen accurate" and missing from the build. My opinion is that if it isn't seen, it shouldn't matter. But I know they need picks of the back of the belt when applying, so was wondering if it was to check for the rivets or purely that there was an inner box.  just curious, how do you close your boxes?

37 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

My biggest concern is the L3 approval. I have seen people get knocked for stuff that isn't listed in the CRL but is "screen accurate" and missing from the build. My opinion is that if it isn't seen, it shouldn't matter. But I know they need picks of the back of the belt when applying, so was wondering if it was to check for the rivets or purely that there was an inner box.  just curious, how do you close your boxes?

I cannot speak for it being approved or denied. I personally do not see it being an issue for Level 2 or Level 3 if you use snaps instead of pop rivets. Because it is not stated or seen.  @ukswrath or @justjoseph63 are the deployment officers. I have reached out to Joseph, but maybe one of them can assist. I am not sure if there is a correct answer, so I am hopeful that one of them will chime in on this one. Wait and hear from one of them, because they approve/deny L2 and L3. 

Wish I could give you an answer on this. But I am curious about the response, so I will be watching this one closely. 

• Like 2

The rear belt shot is mainly to check for the inner drop box. but it also shows if the loop that holds the drop box is fastened/glued to the cloth belt or not, which is the major cause of misalignment, a very common problem.  If it isn't fastened to the cloth belt with rivets or glued it is something that we (or anyone) can suggest to keep it in place.

The rear shot also usually shows a closer shot of the approved fasteners, (rivets, snaps, Chicago screws).

The inner box can be held in place with whatever holds it there securely... glue, magnets, chewing gum, (well, maybe not chewing gum).  Some Troopers make them where they can be opened/closed to store keys. etc.  As long as the inner one is in place all is good at level 3.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

The rear belt shot is mainly to check for the inner drop box. but it also shows if the loop that holds the drop box is fastened/glued to the cloth belt or not, which is the major cause of misalignment, a very common problem.  If it isn't fastened to the cloth belt with rivets or glued it is something that we (or anyone) can suggest to keep it in place.

The rear shot also usually shows a closer shot of the approved fasteners, (rivets, snaps, Chicago screws).

The inner box can be held in place with whatever holds it there securely... glue, magnets, chewing gum, (well, maybe not chewing gum).  Some Troopers make them where they can be opened/closed to store keys. etc.  As long as the inner one is in place all is good at level 3.

Hope this helps!

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!!!

Looks like you are well on your way, Jordan!  Once you get basic approval, I will be looking for that EI submission soon after!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Looks like you are well on your way, Jordan!  Once you get basic approval, I will be looking for that EI submission soon after!

Just got my photos. Going to post them here in the Pre-Approval area and see what everyone says. then once i get word i am approved they will be coming the EIB and Centurion shortly after!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Commander Gree said:

APPROVED!!!!

TK-21523 Reporting for duty!!! will fix my issues with my armor and submit for EIB and then on to Centurion!!!

Congratulations!

• Like 1

I have been busy trying to get this helmet setup.  I think i got it, although i dont like the fan noise, but i will live with it. hoping that once i get Troopertalk going it wont be too bad. and i need to get bluetooth headphones and transmitter for the hearing assist, these speaks are ok, but i had headphones in and man what a difference. but the speakers will do for now.

HPcrcxZ.jpg
9Sq31ga.jpg
1g0iVOs.jpg
eDVcW5J.jpg
adLHrS8.jpg
s8gNOz2.jpg
0Ayym7j.jpg

• Like 2