WIP TK ANH...HERE WE GOOOOO, (slowly)!!!

Commander Gree

I have been busy trying to get this helmet setup.  I think i got it, although i dont like the fan noise, but i will live with it. hoping that once i get Troopertalk going it wont be too bad. and i need to get bluetooth headphones and transmitter for the hearing assist, these speaks are ok, but i had headphones in and man what a difference. but the speakers will do for now.

HPcrcxZ.jpg
9Sq31ga.jpg
1g0iVOs.jpg
eDVcW5J.jpg
adLHrS8.jpg
s8gNOz2.jpg
0Ayym7j.jpg

Is the padding around the mouth there for any specific reason or just to make the mic closer to your face?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

Is the padding around the mouth there for any specific reason or just to make the mic closer to your face?

Yes sir it is, it acts as a sound dampener. Because I am using the mic that came with the Aker amp, it is not unidirectional, and will cause feedback when the sound bounces off the inside of the helmet and hits the mic in multiple directions. that foam helps to drowned out and deaden any thing other than what hits the mic. It also looks good and adds some weight to the helmet. the fit is tight, and im still playing with it a little. I just ordered my Bluetooth mic so I can be completely disconnected with the helmet. that mic wire sux! 

• Like 1

Yes sir it is, it acts as a sound dampener. Because I am using the mic that came with the Aker amp, it is not unidirectional, and will cause feedback when the sound bounces off the inside of the helmet and hits the mic in multiple directions. that foam helps to drowned out and deaden any thing other than what hits the mic. It also looks good and adds some weight to the helmet. the fit is tight, and im still playing with it a little. I just ordered my Bluetooth mic so I can be completely disconnected with the helmet. that mic wire sux! 

Interesting. I always like seeing people’s ideas and the reasoning to see if it’ll help me at all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank75139 said:

Interesting. I always like seeing people’s ideas and the reasoning to see if it’ll help me at all

To be fair I stole it. not originally mine but another trooper here on the forum.

• Like 1