WIP TK ANH...HERE WE GOOOOO, (slowly)!!!

Commander Gree

Alight guys and gals,

I figured I would go ahead and start this before it gets too far out and have too much at once. I am starting my TK ANH build. currently waiting on AM Armor to have something available to be able to ship me a kit, super excited. But here is what I have and am doing so far.

I am a big visual guy, seeing it will help me a lot more than just reading stuff alone, but in order for me to kill 2 rebels with 1 blast, I decided to make a "Duct Tape" Mannequin. Also got my TK's Boots in from, well, TK Boots. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR TK BOOTS, SEARCH NO FURTHER, THESE ARE AMAZING!!!! the fit of these boots are great and OMG the quality is something else.

As far as the mannequin goes, I am going to use it to view my progress and as a working partner when I'm solo, but also as a display once we are done. The mannequin is being set up the have removable arms and legs for ease of display and setup, along with allowing me to position it while holding a blaster. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any tips on what I could work on next while waiting for the armor that would be great. Currently have my snaps, my level 3 helmet hardware & level 3 gloves with correct hand guards (Major thanks to @justjoseph63), and under suit.mannequin2.thumb.jpeg.daa3e7ed1f254b30b5a984767ccf32b8.jpegmannequin4.thumb.jpeg.bb28b5b9b6a21e5e8091876df3524e6f.jpeg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Good start, Jordan. :duim:

Thanks! I see your Centurion, I wanna hit that on the first run for approval, any tips or ideas or things to look out for when first building the kit? I Really Really Really just want basic approval obviously, but if I could hit Level 3 on my first go it would be a lot better and save some money lol

9 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

Thanks! I see your Centurion, I wanna hit that on the first run for approval, any tips or ideas or things to look out for when first building the kit? I Really Really Really just want basic approval obviously, but if I could hit Level 3 on my first go it would be a lot better and save some money lol

By being here on FISD and being aware of EIB and Centurion, you’re already on the right path. :duim:

Research is key really. If you have a look through some of the approved EIB, then Centurion applications (those with a number eg [123] after the thread title) you will see some of the finer details that are required for Centurion, and how people go about achieving them. Things such as even gaps between certain armour parts, correct drop box placement, correct fixings used etc.  

Best wishes,

Dan :)

1 minute ago, CableGuy said:

By being here on FISD and being aware of EIB and Centurion, you’re already on the right path. :duim:

Research is key really. If you have a look through some of the approved EIB, then Centurion applications (those with a number eg [123] after the thread title) you will see some of the finer details that are required for Centurion, and how people go about achieving them. Things such as even gaps between certain armour parts, correct drop box placement, correct fixings used etc.  

Best wishes,

Dan :)

Great thank you so much, I have been watching the post about the "pre 501st approval" here in the threads and they have really helped with the "finer details". Things I might not have paid attention to before, I am not able to point out on others armor (in my head, its not my place to correct someone yet).  I Love Star Wars so much I just want to do the franchise justice with my build. I will continue to search and thank you for the help. Just watched your build video and it looks amazing! didn't even think about using tape on the helmet for the black strips in the tears. gonna have to use that one to keep my black lines more even.

Great thank you so much, I have been watching the post about the "pre 501st approval" here in the threads and they have really helped with the "finer details". Things I might not have paid attention to before, I am not able to point out on others armor (in my head, its not my place to correct someone yet).  I Love Star Wars so much I just want to do the franchise justice with my build. I will continue to search and thank you for the help. Just watched your build video and it looks amazing! didn't even think about using tape on the helmet for the black strips in the tears. gonna have to use that one to keep my black lines more even.

Aw, thank you. I’m glad the video was helpful. :-)

It sounds like you have a really clear aim - hopefully your armor arrives soon and you can get things moving. Any questions along the way, just shout out and we’ll do what we can to get you to that Centurion status. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Aw, thank you. I’m glad the video was helpful. :-)

It sounds like you have a really clear aim - hopefully your armor arrives soon and you can get things moving. Any questions along the way, just shout out and we’ll do what we can to get you to that Centurion status. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love hearing that from everyone in the group. seems the best part (and often the hardest) is everyone has their own way of doing everything, so it allows me to take several different approaches to an issue and work out what may be best for me. but at the other end it can feel like the flag on a rope in a game of tug-o-war. pulled back and forth with no clear direction. Havent had too much issue as of yet, but im sure once that BBB gets here, ill be typing like crazy lol. Luckily I have already made contact with my local Garrison and they have already been a huge help!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Hey Jordan and great to have you here and if this is your build thread I suggest you post it here in ANH build threads and, like Dan said, we will help you get that Centurion award:salute:

Is there a way to "move" this thread to the proper place?

I hate having a post in the wrong spot lol, this was just the first place that struck me as "right"

Love the PVC pipe trooper!  I need to make myself one of those now!  :)

Good luck with the build.  You're definitely on the right track- stay on target!  

• Like 1

Here is an update on the mannequin I have named Bob!. Didn't get a photo of the inside but will tomorrow when im done with spray foam. looking good so far. @Ripper_L how is my head now!?!?

Mann 2.jpg

Edited by Commander Gree
  • Like 1

NEW GLOVES CAME IN!!! these gloves will be used for trooping with my TK and CC. got 2 pair and they are awesome!!! Already have my rubber gloves for level 3 approval but had to get these for Trooping. The fit is so awesome!

29356914_2016737425256350_8809745868543492096_n.jpg

Bob update! BOB HAS ARMS!!!

https://imgur.com/zAgPha3

https://imgur.com/9rDYCLi

https://imgur.com/GaEJtEj

I know i did these photos wrong. i am so new at this lol. if someone could lend me a hand with uploading these images from Imgur that would be awesome

1 hour ago, Commander Gree said:

Bob update! BOB HAS ARMS!!!

https://imgur.com/zAgPha3

https://imgur.com/9rDYCLi

https://imgur.com/GaEJtEj

I know i did these photos wrong. i am so new at this lol. if someone could lend me a hand with uploading these images from Imgur that would be awesome

When you’re in Imgur, check the option to “generate links”. For each image you’ve selected, you should then see around 5 link options. Look for the one for message boards and forums. Copy and paste and that link should show automatically in your thread. :-)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

When you’re in Imgur, check the option to “generate links”. For each image you’ve selected, you should then see around 5 link options. Look for the one for message boards and forums. Copy and paste and that link should show automatically in your thread. :-)

Thanks but I got it figured out. really appreciate you taking the time to help me out though! 

• Like 1