Challenge Coin Collectors - How many coins do you have?

Poseidon

I'm shy of 400, it seems a lot, but not that much compare to some. But, if you look at guys like LDR, Mig and LawDoug, you would drool over their collections. 

On 2018-02-24 at 10:41 AM, Daetrin said:

Here is what 10 years of coin collecting looks like.

WP_20180224_06_57_21_Pro.jpg

Realize that for FISD coins at least, I usually have 4.  Two for me, 2 for the archives.  I also tend to buy a lot of FISD coins as I mail them out as "thank-yous" and "atta-boys", being the founder and what-not.  Plus coins from other detachments I used to be heavily involved with in the past (MEPD, IOC, CTN) and coins people just send me.

Then your patch collection starts looking like this:

WP_20180224_06_58_43_Pro.jpg

For the same reason.  Sooner or later your wife makes you put it all in a bin under the stairs.

WP_20180224_06_55_32_Pro.jpg

Oh Paul...you have some nice coins in there lolll

On 2/24/2018 at 2:26 PM, allan1313 said:

Took a few pictures. I have 2 display cases and a binder with coins. There are more pages in the binder, but you get the idea. I am small time compared to some other guys.41f1d5ff5e06a116efd7376b2fde38d0.jpga3b704fd5967bb32ecc7a08c3ccc0025.jpg1d193ab179ce5decde57bc3d6ecd8eee.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nerd!!! Lol

On 2018-02-24 at 2:26 PM, allan1313 said:

Took a few pictures. I have 2 display cases and a binder with coins. There are more pages in the binder, but you get the idea. I am small time compared to some other guys.41f1d5ff5e06a116efd7376b2fde38d0.jpga3b704fd5967bb32ecc7a08c3ccc0025.jpg1d193ab179ce5decde57bc3d6ecd8eee.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dibs?

• 1 year later...

I’ve been collecting challenge coins for less than two months. You could say I’m addicted. I have over 100 in displays, about 40 “traders”, two full runs of original coins (about to order one more run plus a small, non-Star Wars, Christian coin run), plus about 20 poker chips and a run of originals there too.  

Feel fred to contact me for trading!

Arthur - Puppetsmitharts@gmail.com 

• 4 weeks later...

I haven’t completed my costume yet, but don’t want to be caught without a coin when I do... do people typically receive a coin when they are accepted? I’m guessing I will need to order. How much does it cost to get the basic 501st coin? I know I can’t access that page till I’m accepted, but what can I say, I’m a planner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t completed my costume yet, but don’t want to be caught without a coin when I do... do people typically receive a coin when they are accepted? I’m guessing I will need to order. How much does it cost to get the basic 501st coin? I know I can’t access that page till I’m accepted, but what can I say, I’m a planner.

I haven’t seen a 501st run lately but most coins are a few bucks a piece plus shipping. Some of the charity ones can get higher like $20

When there’s a run, they can cost anywhere between $2 and $20. When there isn’t a run going on, it can be tough getting a coin. I’ve only found two ways.

1- Find a kind soul willing to help you out. Unfortunately, most these kind souls only ordered one for themselves or have long ago ran out.

2- Trade someone for one. The traders who have more than one rarely sell them. Many are offended if you even mention purchasing one. So you then have to somehow find a coin they want badly enough to trade for the one you want. So now you have to find and acquire that coin. And it’s a big, nasty circle. Not hopeless, I have been collecting less than 3 months and have 128 coins (several collectors have over 1000!). But I have spent an insane amount of money too.

My collection is modest at around 30 coins. Will do a count and post a photo at some stage.

On 2/23/2018 at 7:49 AM, hupspring said:

When I joined the legion I told myself I wasn't going to collect coins or pins. Since that time I've collected around 20 coins (although several of them were bought by my wife who is also in the legion). Rather than have them sit in a drawer I wanted to display them, so I got a display box and put it on the wall. I still keep a coin in my wallet and another in my helmet, always ready for that challenge.

501-coins.jpg

So I think about 4 or 5 months after I posted this, I decided to start collecting coins. My case on the wall soon lost the patches and pins and became dedicated to coins. Then I had to add another case, and a few months later, a third. My wife won't let me put any more cases on the wall, so everything else is in a binder. I mostly display Detachment and Garrison coins (and anything to do with my Garrison's squads) as well as one case dedicated to mostly Disney. 

coin-cases.jpg

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, stormtroopergeorge56 said:

This is what I have now! 922035b7e67f29f6aeda86bb29c63587.jpg

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Very nice!  The collecting game can be fun.  It gives you an opportunity to meet a bunch new legion members.