Anovos update

Those of you waiting for a Anovos TK are in for a longer wait. I just received an update from Anovos stating that they only have orders filled up to October of 2016. They have officially moved the summer orders to the fall. Realistically,  I dont see them filling the summer of 2017 orders in the fall if they haven't filled last falls orders yet. They are almost a year behind.

They are saying it is because of inconsistencies in the armor. They say it is because of the way they were being pulled , but they have remedied the problem.  

My opinion .... they are lacking in quality control. It should not have taken this long to figure this out. 

So, now it looks as if it will take up to a year to receive any outstanding orders at this time. Hopefully Anovos can pick up the pace and get caught up and back on schedule. 

I had just talked with them 3 weeks ago and they told me that they were on schedule.  This is not looking to good on their part.

21 minutes ago, tydirium1 said:

Those of you waiting for a Anovos TK are in for a longer wait. I just received an update from Anovos stating that they only have orders filled up to October of 2016. They have officially moved the summer orders to the fall. Realistically,  I dont see them filling the summer of 2017 orders in the fall if they haven't filled last falls orders yet. They are almost a year behind.

They are saying it is because of inconsistencies in the armor. They say it is because of the way they were being pulled , but they have remedied the problem.  

My opinion .... they are lacking in quality control. It should not have taken this long to figure this out. 

So, now it looks as if it will take up to a year to receive any outstanding orders at this time. Hopefully Anovos can pick up the pace and get caught up and back on schedule. 

I had just talked with them 3 weeks ago and they told me that they were on schedule.  This is not looking to good on their part.

Jeebers....I'm really glad I didn't jump the gun and grab their TLJ Executioner bucket. I might have gotten it in time for EP:9 though :P But that is unreal. Seems like the black marks are just multiplying against them in the last few weeks.

Being someone that has dealt with them before and all the troubles it does sadden me that they still have not learnt from their mistakes. Yes I know it takes time for design, test pieces, pre approval, manufacture, shipping and so on but really guys it's not giving you a very professional look. I'd also think being in association with Disney that they may have picked up their game but that didn't seem to matter either.

If nothing else if you can stick out the wait you will eventually get your products, Anovos do actually deliver in the end, even if the end tends to be a lot further off than we first all hoped.

Good luck to those on the wait lists, I hope your items come sooner than later.

• Like 1

I got the same email earlier today, was hoping it was a shipping notification since I just recently ordered all the soft parts and got all the tools/equipment in preparation for a summer ship date. Having also ordered the kit last Fall, I think this is the 3rd time they've changed ship dates. But I do feel hopeful that Fall 2017 will be the actual ship date, since they mentioned that they expected the kits to arrive at their fulfillment center in late summer/early fall. We shall see.

I've talked to some others who say they were supposed to receive theirs early 2017. They just got theirs pushed back. Anovos is telling everyone that it will be the next quarter,  but Realistically it will be longer. I just now canceled my order. I'll get mine else where.

I've talked to some others who say they were supposed to receive theirs early 2017. They just got theirs pushed back. Anovos is telling everyone that it will be the next quarter,  but Realistically it will be longer. I just now canceled my order. I'll get mine else where.

They need to stop taking orders until they get caught up.

Another reason I cancelled my order of first order stormtrooper armor. Got it custom built and painted buy another vendor in a couple of months instead of a couple of years for a kit. Don't know what the deal is with an anovos, but they have major issues.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I agree that they take more orders than they can fulfill, but what makes it worse is that they tell you it will be ready before it realistically will be able to. If they were more up front about wait times, then I would be more forgiving. And it seems like every time I check their site, they have a new licensed product that's in stock and ready to ship, and it feels like they take on way more than they can keep up with. Despite all this, I'm going to hold out for fall, but if they push it back again I'll probably do the same and look elsewhere for my first set of armor. Seems like they have a good product, but they must not have great communication with their production company for this to keep happening. Will keep you posted if Anovos steps up their game.

Good luck on getting your order fulfilled.  I didn't appreciate the fact that they lied about the order status . Maybe not intentionaly lied. But their costumer service puts us all in the dark and when they don't tell the full truth , they may as well be lying.  They need to have a more up to date way of informing the customer on their order status. Also they need to place a limit on the number of orders that they take so that they can meet them realistically.  They dont. They just keep taking people's money and holding it. Making them wait. It really does give them a bad name. I don't understand why Disney has not stepped in and done something to keep from looking bad themselves for their affiliations with such a company.

• 2 weeks later...

Update to the update:  Business day 12 and still they haven't  refunded my money. It took less than 12 seconds for them to get the money out of my bank . WHY does it take so long to put it back. This has got to be the worst customer service ever.

12 minutes ago, tydirium1 said:

Well, business day 15 has come and gone. Still no refund.  I don't know what else to say. These people just don't give a crap as long as they have our money. 

Unfortunately the refund does take a while, all I can say is hang on, I have seen others receive theirs in the end, cross fingers you don't have to wait too much longer

Thanks for the positive input. 

I don't understand why it takes so long to return the money.  

They take it out of my bank real fast. They still have my information.  

It should only take someone a few minutes to transfer it back.

they just want to hold on a little longer.

Thanks for the positive input. 
I don't understand why it takes so long to return the money.  
They take it out of my bank real fast. They still have my information.  
It should only take someone a few minutes to transfer it back.
they just want to hold on a little longer.

It came out today in the Facebook group that they only have 1 staff member working part time to deal with the refunds, and there’s a backlog. How true this I don’t know but sounds plausible.

So, I sent them an e mail inquiring about the refund. 2 days later I got an message telling me that they see that they are overdue for my refund. Now they are going to get an investigation started on the matter hopefully by monday.  I ask you. Wasn't the investigation just made when they admitted that they are overdue on my refund. 

I don't understand these people. What did they do with my money?  Why are they putting off giving it back? 

They may put out a decent product , but they seem to be bad at business dealings. 

They need to stop taking people's money with the promise of delivery.  Only take orders that they know they can fulfill on time.  I know it's hard to say no to incoming money, but the business is getting dragged thru the mud in my opinion. 

Edited by tydirium1

You just have to keep at it with Anovos for the refund. They say 15 business days but after 2 refunds through them, it is 15 at a minimum. 

I wonder what their BBB rating is?

I got a email today , from them telling me that they were still trying to get in contact with their financial dept. to get the investigation started.

Maybe they need to find out what can happen when they take people's money and refuse to give it back. 

Perhaps, they need to be investigated  instead of people's  refunds.  They know they are doing wrong, and yet  my refund must be scrutinized.

Well, still no refund from Anovos.  

Out of curiosity I checked their rating with the Better Business Bureau and guess what.  They have a big fat F.

the BBB has tried to contact them because of the amount of recent formal complaints and Anovos is not replying. 

This being the case , perhaps they should be removed from the vetted armor makers list. At least until they become reputable again.

I wouldn't feel comfortable telling someone that this is a reputable business,  especially with a "  F " rating.

Maybe replace it with a huge warning about their BBB rating.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, good. Time to close out this thread with the final count.

IT took 44 days to get a refund from Anovos.  

More than twice the time they said it would take, the same way with the delivery of their products. 

Already, sent my money to WTF. Hopefully,  I'll have me a nice  Christmas gift from me to me. With Walt's help.

• Like 1

I requested my refund last week. They acknowledged it this week. Hopefully it won't be 44 days for me but I'm not crossing my fingers. I am glad you got your refund though and hope your WTF order happens soon. My AP order is shipping soon. Ordered a week ago. Funny that. Independent armour makers ship faster than the only licensed maker. It's a shame really. I hear Anovos armour is good...if you ever get it.

What I find hard to understand is why is Anovos armour being made in China? At least I assume it is being made there based on photos of people's BBBs. Am I wrong? I know there are more than enough skilled North American companies capable of making armour. AP is made in Canada and not much more expensive. Frankly, I'll accept more expensive armour over hypothetical armour because it actually exists.

Edited by Sean