SW Live Action TV

FIVE

So you've all heard that Uncle George is going to a live action TV show in the next couple of years that will focus on the time between ANH and ESB when the Empire was still very strong. The reports I've read have said that it will take place on worlds and in systems that are far away from Vader and the Emperor (long may he live) and that while we'll HEAR of them we'll never see them. But, and this is the part I (and I believe all other TKs) are excited about, you will see many, many stormtroopers. The good ole' white TKs we all love.

Obviously, at least how I see it, there's going to be a resurgence in people recognizing TKs... but more than that KIDS are finally going to get filled up on them and not just clone troopers (which are good too).

So, how do you think this will affect trooping?

well, first of all it doesnt take place in between ANH and ESB. It takes place between SITH and ANH...and according to folks I know that are involved Boba Fett will have a significant part. Whether we see Ep3 clones, TKs or (probably) something in between remains to be seen. Msot of teh writers and creative folks are italian and apparently Lucas is going for a sergio leone/spaghetti western feel. Lucas has also brought HBOs 'DEADWOOD' up several times as a heavy influence.

well, first of all it doesnt take place in between ANH and ESB. It takes place between SITH and ANH...and according to folks I know that are involved Boba Fett will have a significant part. Whether we see Ep3 clones, TKs or (probably) something in between remains to be seen. Msot of teh writers and creative folks are italian and apparently Lucas is going for a sergio leone/spaghetti western feel. Lucas has also brought HBOs 'DEADWOOD' up several times as a heavy influence.

Oh Cool, would this mean Steampunk styling TK variant :huh: could be like the good, the bad & the :rolleyes:

That may be right about it being between ROTS and ANH... I can't / couldn't remember exactly. I remember it being said it was at the "height of the Empire". So that makes more sense. And I know they talked about stormtroopers being in it, no mention of clones. And Boba Fett was in one article I read as well... which would be fun! More bounty hunters = always good.

I think one of the things it will do for "us" as the 501st at least is get even more people interested in getting armor and joining. Also, I wonder if there will be a whole new set of "canon accurate" armor and helmets developed. What if all the TKs on the show have black tube stripes? :D haha

Hopefully it will be true live "action". I'd hate to see more political intrigue stories based on a hard day in the Galactic Senate passing an appropriations bill. There's enough of that on TV already. :lol:

Something just occurred to me. There's a whole lot of conceptual work being done in this time frame between EP3 and EP4. "The Force Unleashed". I wouldn't be surprised if any possible stormtroopers in the storyline might be based off the work being done currently. You might see something like the EVO trooper. The designs are definitely a cross between EP3 and EP4. They have a little more of an EP3 influence though. Either way I hope to see some real armor and less CGI.

from what I understand this will have a 'frontier' feel to it so to me that sounds more like firefly then then what we know as Star Wars. It really sounds like a lawless western theme...the empire trying to establish its hold while the outer rim planets try to keep living like they had and stay under the radar. I would love to see a Deadwood type crimelord like Al Shwerigan

I would think we would see kind of a TK-Clone hybrid falling somewhere between the two or maybe he actually will show the progression of Clone to TK.

I would really like something closer to ANH where it really is just an action adventure story with more of the classic "go here, save this person, stop that person, blow this up, stop the bad guys" type of feel than the more psychological political feel of the PT.

Well as with all Lucasfilm I wouldnt hold my breath. It may never even happen. I remember Lucasfilm saying that they would release a 3d version of the trilogy and recently they announced that it wasnt going to happen after all. Sometimes George just gets people working on an idea and never uses it. It happens alot with him, I notice.

Heck, remember when the Star Wars Saga was going to be three trilogies? Where's my Eps VII, VIII, and IX? Or when the first three were "From the Adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi", and Anakin was just supposed to be a supporting character? :(

--Jonah

My crystal ball says there will be a ton of costume variations. It seems that the need to have yet another variation to sell yet another action figure is the driving force behind this. I've lost count of EU troopers. It will certainly take coordination between FISD, SpecOps, and CTN to keep it all sorted. Thankfully FISD & SpecOps have an excellent relationship :)

FISD has already started accepting some EU troopers, it will be interesting to see how open we get, or how focused we remain.

While I want the show to be 100% Star Wars it would be cool to see some variations / new stuff, as well as if it were more of an "outer rim" feel (much like Firefly)... which, would mean probably more "TD" looking troopers for sure.

...not trying to derail the topic at hand, but this was mentioned above...

The 3d versions of all six films seem to be back on track. There was concern over the number of available digital projectors across the country that could show the 3d versions. With films like "Journey to the Center of the Earth", the number of digital projectors has increased. The CG has a member in the high end home theater industry and the "word on the street" is work on the 3d versions has resumed. Hopefully we'll get to see the original trilogy again on the big screen.

I actually asked Steve Sansweet about the TV series, and he said around 2011... He was excited about the new movie, and the animated stuff. I met the director of the new movie, and the previews look interesting. Say what you will about the style, the meat of the story is there. LFL has produced some iffy stuff as of late, but I see a renewed intrest in bringing the fanbase up again, so good stuff might be in our future.

I think trooping will become more popular. I just hope the mission isnt lost...

I really hope they will make the stormtroopers more formidable then they were portrayed in the original trilogy. In every star wars dictionary, encyclopedia, etc... I have read, TK's are supposed to be the "Elite" shocktroopers of the Empire. I would love to see some TKs take down some pirates / thugs, or like, kick some enemies' butt in like hand-to-hand combat or something :)

I really hope they will make the stormtroopers more formidable then they were portrayed in the original trilogy. In every star wars dictionary, encyclopedia, etc... I have read, TK's are supposed to be the "Elite" shocktroopers of the Empire. I would love to see some TKs take down some pirates / thugs, or like, kick some enemies' butt in like hand-to-hand combat or something :)

Totally, 100% agree! They need to be the troopers of the books and such. Just the sight of them are imposing and you know there's no use resisting.

I actually asked Steve Sansweet about the TV series, and he said around 2011...

Well dam... according to the Myan celestrial calendar... the world ends Dec. 21, 2012... we won't have long to enjoy all of this!