CE Overhaul Complete!

Finished the ears off today, so it's now complete, other than what I might do to the interior. Please let me know what you think. I had a question too: would this helmet be acceptable for trooping now?

I will post pics of this helmet next to an unmodified one soon.

7TzT54D.jpg

2NU3At4.jpg

Z4t9rMD.jpg

EsrTqiY.jpg

Luis

Absolutely fantastic job mate :)

You've totally changed the look and feel of the CE and I can see no reason why this helmet would

not get 501st approval.

Well done Sir!! :)

Looks awesome...Im still waiting on my decals....soon as my Hero is done Im going to start work on the 'stunt'...kind of addictive.....

I can't wait to get home to view the pics, they are not showing up for me here at work. :6:

the difference is amazing, looks like the only give away factor that it is a CE is the eyes they are a strange shape on the CE.

amazing work though. i may buy one and send it to you for overhauling :D

lol...THEY arent a strange shape they are symeterical and thats what was throwing me. Remember the best side of the helmet was scanned then recreated and Im thinking more and more that MR went with the opposite side that they went with on DP C/A.

Instead of two SQUINTY eyes we have two WIDE eyes wherein on the original we have one squinty and one wide. Looking at the helmet it looks like they tooj the right side and mirrored it...thats also why the frown looks a little weird at the peak.

I think MR did a much better job of providing Symetery AND still looking 'right' then DP did

OPPOSITE

the difference is amazing, looks like the only give away factor that it is a CE is the eyes they are a strange shape on the CE.

amazing work though. i may buy one and send it to you for overhauling :D

really diggin it....cant wait to finish mine. The FX bubble lenses fit nicely although I think Ill build up inside around te eyes for a better surface. Still waiting on my decals :( and brow trim.

My kneepads arrived from teh UK for the padding and I think I may go with Skullworks.

Are you going to add the works to the inside? Fans, etc?

Thanks everyone. I want to also thank all those who shared they're ideas and mods too. Thanks to John for the ears, thanks to Steven for the frown mesh, thank you Stomper for your aerators, and a big thanks to Mike. Mike's "Converting a TE2 into a Hero" tutorial was a great help and was the reason I wanted to try and make my helmet a little better.

Don, I have been debating on doing anything to the inside right now only because I don't own a full armor and won't be trooping any time soon (being unemployed sucks!). But I do want to add stuff to the inside eventually.

still tempted to get one, but not sure if i'd have the time to do the full mod, if i did i think i would try heating the bottom of the right eye to see if i could get the bulge in before painting it. give a bit of asymmetry

still tempted to get one, but not sure if i'd have the time to do the full mod, if i did i think i would try heating the bottom of the right eye to see if i could get the bulge in before painting it. give a bit of asymmetry

You know, I really thought about doing that too. Although it's finished now I may still attempt that.