What is everyone using for nomex gloves for trooping

nukem25rs

I keep searching for nomex glove brands for a little less hand heat while in the armor and can't find just a simple black pair.. So I was wondering what everyone else is using and do the latex hand plates glue well to them?

Thanks

Mike

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I keep searching for nomex glove brands for a little less hand heat while in the armor and can't find just a simple black pair.. So I was wondering what everyone else is using and do the latex hand plates glue well to them?

Thanks

Mike

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Nomex flight gloves. Won't be plain. Latex won't glue to them. You could glue Velcro to the latex and sew Velcro to the nomex. Or e6000 Velcro to the nomex.

Or just keep the latex on rubber gloves for indoor or cooler troops. Nomex and plastic for outdoors.

• Like 1

Nomex flight gloves. Won't be plain. Latex won't glue to them. You could glue Velcro to the latex and sew Velcro to the nomex. Or e6000 Velcro to the nomex.

Or just keep the latex on rubber gloves for indoor or cooler troops. Nomex and plastic for outdoors.

*ahem*

20160908120625-d4a641e4-la.jpg

I used E6000 to glue JustJoseph's latex hard guards to my Nomex gloves. Works great! I love not having to mess with separate hard hand guards on loops anymore.

(ignore the print marks on the left, I had not cleaned them off before I took this pic)

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

See I'm afraid that when I destroy the gloves I'll have to turn them and the latex guards into death troopers. And I wear my nomex all the time in public :-)

• Like 1

With enough willpower anything will glue to anything!

But I personally just use the hard shell ones with nomex gloves. They're more comfortable in my opinion.

Kalani is correct about the E-6000.  As an experiment, I tried several different products to attach latex hand guards to Nomex.  All failed miserably except the "Trooper's best friend"... good ol' E-6000.  30+ troops and still going going strong, with no separation.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...