Fieldmarshall build

fieldmarshall

Yeah your right,,,, if you have ever tried blazing anything its bloody hard to do  .. ill have that part both ways ... i may  do the separate one i steel to..

And how would you attach it to the receiver tube? Does it really need to be separate? What purpose would it serve?

Honestly the more parts that can be cast with the receiver tube the better. They were originally brazed on, but welding them together will not be an option for 99% of builders. Casting it as one piece will ensure everything is completely fused together like a real Sterling only without welding. Though some parts will need to be attached mechanically with screws.

The result will be nearly identical to the real thing, only in aluminum of course. Plus aluminum is different than steel when it comes to structural strength so not everything can made using the exact same methods.

• Like 2

You could make fake sns for each customer just for fun

Like the customer's TK #, etc. I'd totally be down for one with my TK # on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That strikes me as a terrible idea. Customs aren't idiots and it makes it clear you're trying to avoid them which I'm sure they will not be best pleased about.

Very true,,, i always ship under the proper custom country codes for my items.....  Its going to be easier to ship when i get a European distributor....................................................... 

• Like 3

Holy bat bolts! Chris, will you be making the other style extractor with the middle cut out? I would love to display just the bolt its so pretty!

• Like 2

Holy bat bolts! Chris, will you be making the other style extractor with the middle cut out? I would love to display just the bolt its so pretty!

In case he does not, I guess it will be possible to recreate the slotted extractor with our rotary tools and a set of key files...

• Like 3

In case he does not, I guess it will be possible to recreate the slotted extractor with our rotary tools and a set of key files...

Extractor anyone  fresh off the machine heading to the vibratory polishing

IMG_5809_zpsxcevwnoh.jpg

Edited by fieldmarshall
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2017 at 9:13 PM, fieldmarshall said:

Going to make a few back cap rings    (or at least thats what i call them)  Im setting up to cut the bayonet slots on the mill NOw IMG_5839_zps29hqbian.jpgIMG_5838_zpsjjbuon0r.jpg

I am glad you're making the rings separate. Cause I need one to replace a resin one that I just broke. :duim: