Fieldmarshall build

fieldmarshall

Man I need a better job so that I can have the money to buy all these goodies! (Retired military doesn't pay as good as you'd think! )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Man I need a better job so that I can have the money to buy all these goodies! (Retired military doesn't pay as good as you'd think! )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, no it doesn't. It seems a pittance compared to what we put in. I tend to save my change in a jar, and cash it in when it gets full, but now, that change will be saved for something like this!!!

• Like 2

Mmmm if only it was steel. But so want in any metal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Steel is WAY too heavy for trooping! trust me, the thought is cool and all but holding it up for hours on end is pure torture! Plus if you want steel, just get a real deactivated sterling with a real scope and real counter, a set of fieldmarshall's steel power cylinders and you'll have a tank of a blaster!

The real thing will always be the golden standard but the purpose of this project is to bring the community something it's never had readily available before: A lightweight metal Sterling replica made almost entirely of aluminum, and not just an aluminum Sterling replica, but also an aluminum Scope replica, as well as other parts being replicated in metal like the counter and power cylinders. An All Metal Blaster that is light enough to actually troop with, trust me I have an all steel blaster with real parts and its extremely heavy! I can push myself to stand for quite a while holding it because "I'm a trooper" ;)  but it DEFINITELY affects my comfort and in turn my overall stamina.

• Like 1

Lol I know steel is heavy. A lot of us are looking for random replacement parts for our deactivated sterlings. As this is one of two parts of mine that were destroyed I would love one i could solder back on. But I would take it in aluminum and metal set it if I had to. But yes the all aluminum blaster will be awesome. And I will have one of those too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

hey Chris can you post a picture of your inner spring setup inside the receiver tube? i want to compare the look of my spring compare to yours. Thanks!

• Like 1

I love to read from people playing the empires elite soldiers, and not being able to handle a lightweight gun like a Sterling. :D

This year at Comicon I trooped over 8 hours straight with my steel blaster ... I can handle it just fine :smiley-sw013:

The other troopers were impressed with me to say the least, they know how heavy my blaster is. I wonder if the original suit actors even stayed in kit that long.

A real scope, real counter, rail, bracket, steel power cylinders & plastic T-track are all extra added weight on top of the sterling, not to mention wearing the armor.

17353397_10209031820248116_7525312400058

17309972_1590106104334704_82855130295019

Lol I know steel is heavy. A lot of us are looking for random replacement parts for our deactivated sterlings. As this is one of two parts of mine that were destroyed I would love one i could solder back on. But I would take it in aluminum and metal set it if I had to. But yes the all aluminum blaster will be awesome. And I will have one of those too.

I have an original complete grip section from the first deactivated sterling parts I ever bought. The trigger group is completely functional too.

SterlingParts_zpsqmzgmxkm.jpg

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 5

hey Chris can you post a picture of your inner spring setup inside the receiver tube? i want to compare the look of my spring compare to yours. Thanks!

I don't have a great way of taking that pic right now(soon ) ,,, I had a spring manufacture copy the coils and length of the vintage springs and guides. Should be like the real thing other   than it will be a lighter rate and load on the spring should look and compress the same.. I even put the tapers on the spring so they lock into the grooves on the guides

s-l1600_zpseaotzzc6.jpg

Edited by fieldmarshall
  • Like 4

Have no fear the trigger group is already under way,,, i have post some o fthe cad drawing already. I am planning to layer the pieces like the real frame with an interal machine profile.. This will enable some switches and a function safety , with the ability to screw this thing to the bottom with out welding.IMG_5229_zpsbqll6wks.jpgIMG_5182_zpsutkllqtw.jpgIMG_5231_zpstdan7km5.jpg

• Like 5

Have no fear the trigger group is already under way,,, i have post some o fthe cad drawing already. I am planning to layer the pieces like the real frame with an interal machine profile.. This will enable some switches and a function safety , with the ability to screw this thing to the bottom with out welding.IMG_5229_zpsbqll6wks.jpgIMG_5182_zpsutkllqtw.jpgIMG_5231_zpstdan7km5.jpg

this is what i am looking for! very nice Chris!  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1