Fieldmarshall build

fieldmarshall

• 2 weeks later...

Holy smokes! The M19 scope has arrived! If this is just the basic kit, I can't wait to see what your premium M19 scope kit will look like. Spectacular job on these. The light port wire is perfect. Above and beyond as always Chris!

• Like 3

Wow, that's just incredible! Amazing job on the M19 replicas Chris! You are truly talented. This is so accurate, and such an awesome looking scope!

This M19 replica literally blows any other metal replicas I've ever seen out of the water! Including the cast metal Dark Energy Creations replica, that doesn't come anywhere close to the quality of this replica.  This is the first time the M19 has been replicated on this level before, it's a first and the only one of it's caliber. This replica is already miles ahead of all the others, just wait until the functional lens kits are available for it!...

• Like 3

Thanks Sly,,,,, 

Everyone should check out the research Henry/slyfox has done for the rogue one e11.....  Looks great ill be doing the replica next as soon as the anh version is complete   http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/

Wow, that's just incredible! Amazing job on the M19 replicas Chris! You are truly talented. This is so accurate, and such an awesome looking scope!

This M19 replica literally blows any other metal replicas I've ever seen out of the water! Including the cast metal Dark Energy Creations replica, that doesn't come anywhere close to the quality of this replica.  This is the first time the M19 has been replicated on this level before, it's a first and the only one of it's caliber. This replica is already miles ahead of all the others, just wait until the functional lens kits are available for it!...

• Like 1

Ive machined a alum box to mimic the Hengstler ,, but i still think i need to laser scan and make a casting that is the same finish and materiel... The detail will be ,, almost perfect.. Im going to try and get the casting tech to use the same gate/injection spots that the real one has .. Taking this apart sucks i hate putting them back together. the laser scan wont work as well if i dont. i have 3 of each size eagles counters i hate to fowl up one of the big ones.................................

IMG_5630_zpst0b80av1.jpg

• Like 6

Taking this apart sucks i hate putting them back together. the laser scan wont work as well if i dont. i have 3 of each size eagles counters i hate to fowl up one of the big ones.................................

Chris keep all the pieces, if you can't re-assemble the tiny little parts into the counter after recasting it let me know. Over the years I have become quite experienced at disassembling, servicing, and reassembling the Hengstler 400 Series Counters. I have a whole new respect for watch repair technicians or anyone who works with micro mechanics.

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 3

You should also consider doing the Medium Eagle logo with the "HENGSTLER" text. It's very popular as well, most of the other replicas available are based on the medium Eagle logo.

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 3

I am not looking forward to reassembling it  LOL

Chris keep all the pieces, if you can't re-assemble the tiny little parts into the counter after recasting it let me know. Over the years I have become quite experienced at disassembling, servicing, and reassembling the Hengstler 400 Series Counters. I have a whole new respect for watch repair technicians or anyone who works with micro mechanics.

Are you not going to make the end cap lock separate? :(

And how would you attach it to the receiver tube? Does it really need to be separate? What purpose would it serve?

Honestly the more parts that can be cast with the receiver tube the better. They were originally brazed on, but welding them together will not be an option for 99% of builders. Casting it as one piece will ensure everything is completely fused together like a real Sterling only without welding. Though some parts will need to be attached mechanically with screws.

The result will be nearly identical to the real thing, only in aluminum of course. Plus aluminum is different than steel when it comes to structural strength so not everything can made using the exact same methods.

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

And how would you attach it to the receiver tube? Does it really need to be separate? What purpose would it serve?

Honestly the more parts that can be cast with the receiver tube the better. They were originally brazed on, but welding them together will not be an option for 99% of builders. Casting it as one piece will ensure everything is completely fused together like a real Sterling only without welding. Though some parts will need to be attached mechanically with screws.

The result will be nearly identical to the real thing, only in aluminum of course. Plus aluminum is different than steel when it comes to structural strength so not everything can made using the exact same methods.

Well i need one separate so I can use it on my steel sterling rebuild. Attaching will be hard with aluminum to steel but a good 2 part metal set will do the trick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

• Like 1