Fieldmarshall build

fieldmarshall

Hey Chris,

I just got my replacement cheese-head scope screws for my M38. Fantastic work mate, I have been looking for replacements for a few years now!

They look perfect!

FfOkCdW.jpg

Cheers Bryn

Edited by sla73
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2017 at 3:38 PM, SeanTX said:

When is the grip frame going to hit ebay? I think I need to order the pieces I need to wrap up blaster 1 first and then wait for the full kit. instead of waiting for everything at once.

very soon    just got the side plates done.. i will start machining  the internal parts in week or so..It is a complex part   i have several switches, mounting hard points, and a functioning safety switch i am still working out...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, fieldmarshall said:

Found a small eagle counter at a old repair shop in a box of hengstler parts

partsIMG_2096_zps1ab4weiu.jpg

WOOHAA!!! :shok: Metal brackets!!! You found a little treasure in that box.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Twnbrother said:

What kind of repair shop would have these?

That is exactly, what I had asked myself. :laugh1:

During the last 3 years I had been in contact with the Hengstler main site in Germany, with industrial representatives and with a lot of industrial end users. Absolutely nothing.

A funny thing was, when I first called Hengstler and got transferred to "THE" contact person for the 400-series, he immediately was aware and asked, if I belong to a Star Wars club. :lol: Looks like he had already received a few calls before. A funny guy though and we had a nice discussion. All machines and tools to build the metal versions from the 400-series are disassembled and removed since decades. They are not able to produce any of the old hardware again - even if they would want it. This makes Chris' metal brackets even more valuable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, T-Jay said:

That is exactly, what I had asked myself. :laugh1:

During the last 3 years I had been in contact with the Hengstler main site in Germany, with industrial representatives and with a lot of industrial end users. Absolutely nothing.

A funny thing was, when I first called Hengstler and got transferred to "THE" contact person for the 400-series, he immediately was aware and asked, if I belong to a Star Wars club. :lol: Looks like he had already received a few calls before. A funny guy though and we had a nice discussion. All machines and tools to build the metal versions from the 400-series are disassembled and removed since decades. They are not able to produce any of the old hardware again - even if they would want it. This makes Chris' metal brackets even more valuable.

I make a replica casting of it thats really good IMG_2131_zpsnpnvsc1e.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fieldmarshall said:

I make a replica casting of it thats really good

Of course I know, Chris. :) Following your thread since ages and eagerly waiting for your full kit to be available.

By the way, could you tell us drooling troopers any roughly estimated period, when you are ready to offer them?

19 minutes ago, T-Jay said:

Of course I know, Chris. :) Following your thread since ages and eagerly waiting for your full kit to be available.

By the way, could you tell us drooling troopers any roughly estimated period, when you are ready to offer them?

I hate to say right now WHEN ,, doing the trigger frame for a few weeks and waiting on some castings to get completed... You all know this is not a easy gun to build. Most of you have scratch built or have made resin casts understand... the main body tubes are under way as i speak.  Soon !!!  LOL

• Like 3