Need criticism for my Anovos Hero..

Well, I decided to jump on the Anovos bandwagon, but I wanted to go Hero on this one.  SO.... This is what I did.  I replaced the helmet lenses, (green bubble), filled in the extra 2 teeth, (ABS paste), cleaned off all of the tooth paint, then re-painted them, removed the Anovos "S" trim and replaced it with Trooperbay's, used even more ABS paste to fill in the hole below the ear, replaced the pan head screws with a correct ones, filled in the 4 ear bumps from the back with ABS paste, and sanded one of them down to make them "3" bump ear bumps, (not too bad, I think).  Plus, new Hovi Mic screen tips. The brow trim still needs a little adjustment, but I wanted to get some feedback.  Any opinions would be really appreciated.  Don't be afraid to be totally honest!  

new%20hero_zpsv3m8cbde.jpg

new%20hero1_zpsxvrn8j0h.jpg

• Like 1

Very impressive. The ears look great. Nice work on that. Hero helmets always look a bit wider overall to me so that might be the only thing that stands out but converting from a stunt helmet that can't be helped. <br>

Really impressed you took this challenge on. Results are great. Love it!

• Like 1

Arigatogo Gozaimasta, Brian-san!  I spent nearly 12 hours on the teeth alone.  4 coats of ABS paste, endless grinding, polishing, and painting.  The ears were especially a, uh, (what's that French phrase..) a "pain in the posterior armor", LOL. I also replaced the crappy canvas belt.  Depending on how my GML likes it, I am hopefully shooting for Centurion, depending on the "powers that be", (Andrew and Tony).

• Like 1

Brian

your talent is very good!  By the look of the projects you're working on... I'll be looking forward!

Joseph.

this helmet is spectacular!

Edited by TK bondservnt
  • Like 3

Thank you, Vern!  I know that you have assembled a crazy amount of armor kits, so that honestly means a lot to me!!!  I hope all my work pays off!

I like the way he started the post with the words "Need Criticism"

Looks very good mate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Because of Anovos super wide frown its not the ideal helmet to convert to hero,  looks weird in my humble opinion, to improve the look you should cheat and compensate by repainting the grey section on frown a bit thinner, remove more material around eye sockets so bubble lenses stick out more,  no bump should be visible on right eye, the black chin should be completely stripped down and repainted to correct hero shape and a lower rubber eye brow trim. 

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 1

Because of Anovos super wide frown its not the ideal helmet to convert to hero,  looks weird in my humble opinion, to improve the look you should repaint the grey section on frown a bit thinner and remove more material around eye sockets so bubble lenses stick out a bit more and no bump should be visible on right eye, the black chin should be completely stripped down and repainted to correct hero shape and lower eye brow trim. 

The eye bump on the right is screen accurate if you look it up

The eye bump on the right is screen accurate if you look it up

I looked it up 20 years ago!  eye bump are only on stunt helmets no hero helmet had a bump on the right eye, you just learned something new today ;)

Edited by ABS80

I actually removed a LOT of the inside of the eye area, believe it or not, especially around the top.  That area is completely flat, which would not allow the lens to fit without huge gaps.  I do agree that the super wide frown was not the idea candidate for a Hero bucket, but since I already have a Stunt, I decided to try my skills.  I will look into making the frown a bit thinner, lowering the brow, and I appreciate the input!  Keep it coming, and thanks!!!

The main thing for me is that the Hero helmet has quite a specific shape, different from a Stunt. Basically what you have here is a Stunt helmet with Hero details. The conversion work is really well done, and you'll get no problem getting approved and getting Centurion, but it looks wrong in the end.

If you want it to look absolutely right, you're best bet would be to buy a proper Hero helmet from TrooperMaster.

• Like 1

Truth on that. Still, for an ANOVOS it's neat to see a conversion, as Hero is my fav look of them all. Can't want to see updated pix fully suited up.

• Like 2

Look great, but the face to bucket join that is visable above the ear bugs me. Not sure if it was necessary but I lowers the brow rubber slightly for this finish.

6c085fa541265da3d6a9e191d8a7b2f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk