Anovos and RS side by side.

I started this post to compare RS and Anovos.. Please to not sidetrack... thank you.

Is the point to only see where the Anovos and RS are the same or different? This won't prove one is more accurate than the other.

If both have a specific part based on different ANH era screen used parts, I would think they would look almost identical. This would not prove the Anovos is based on the RS suit. If the RS suit has parts that are known to not be screen accurate and the Anovos part matches, that would indicate the RS part was used as a source.

I'm surprised how little evidence is shown comparing reproductions to screen used parts. I understand very few people have access to screen used parts, but those that say their parts are based on screen used parts should be eager to show how accurate their parts are.

I believe CFO bought fibreglass moulds taken from the outside of one of Cameron's modified armour so they did not touch the original armour (which is an ESB MKII - not ROTJ). Mark cast them and cleaned up/altered/modified/whatever to make them into what you see today which is a far cry from the original design (from a hard-core accurate POV)

Going back to the original topic in hand, we need side-by-side photos of the sculpted and donated parts of the RS and Anovos to show that they are the same (albeit cleaned up on the Anovos). No doubt the entire RS suit was used as a base for their armour and those who say this is different or that is different just don't seem to be able to see that the parts have been cleaned up or modified in the same way the helmet has with it's dodgy looking eyes. Just because they are not identical doesn't mean the base shape is not the same even though alterations have been made.

• Like 2

I have an RS kit and Anovos kit, both still as-received in the box. One of these days I'll have time to lay them out and take some proper side by side pictures.

Anovos is not just a simple recast of RS. However, I agree that they may have scanned the RS, cleaned up the models and then had molds machined from that.

Edited by aramis

The RS Props website simply says they have access to a near complete original suit. I haven't found any mention on the website of what they had to create, modify, etc. Shouldn't those being critical of Anovos for not being transparent about the sources of their armor also not like RS Props not being transparent about parts they created or modified?<br><br>

I think some people have the impression that the RS Props suit is 100% directly cast from an original suit that is in great condition. From what I have read on these forums, that appears to be somewhat exagerated from the real lineage. I'm not saying anything about the quality of the RS suit, but it's lineage appears to be somewhat exagerated.<br><br>

I'm not a fan of the lumpy helmet they produce. That may be how the originals were, but that isn't how they looked to me when I saw the films. I prefer a more clean helmet.<br><br>

I disagree with some people making definitive statements that one armor is better than another armor. It depends on what the buyer is looking for and how much they want to spend. People need to do some research on whatever armor they are thinking about purchasing, not just go by a few posts on a forum.

Hi Gary.  Well RS has been transparent.  In case you have not seen the photos located in the photo references gallery here it is:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/59-the-rs-suit/

Here are photos of the actual suit RS has in its possession.  So the lineage is there for everyone to see.  And as far as the parts that were missing members here have stated which parts they are.  Paul (troopermaster) certainly knows what they are because he gave them some parts so they can complete the suit. 

I have no dog in this fight at all because I think everyone has a choice and whatever choice they go with is completely up to them.  I own a MTK suit and that is considered questionable.  BUT I don't care because that is the armor I chose because that is the armor that was right for me.  However, RS certainly isn't hiding anything that you are leading on.

• Like 1

Hi Gary. Well RS has been transparent. In case you have not seen the photos located in the photo references gallery here it is:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/59-the-rs-suit/

Here are photos of the actual suit RS has in its possession. So the lineage is there for everyone to see. And as far as the parts that were missing members here have stated which parts they are. Paul (troopermaster) certainly knows what they are because he gave them some parts so they can complete the suit.

I have no dog in this fight at all because I think everyone has a choice and whatever choice they go with is completely up to them. I own a MTK suit and that is considered questionable. BUT I don't care because that is the armor I chose because that is the armor that was right for me. However, RS certainly isn't hiding anything that you are leading on.

Their website points out the direct lineage but has no mention of them creating parts from scratch. To me that is misleading. The information may be available somewhere, but it shouldn't be necessary to search forums on other sites to get the details. Transparent to me is stating which parts do not have direct lineage and were sculpted by them. The only indication they give of creating parts is the mention of an almost complete original suit.

Showing photos of the reproductions next to original parts seems like a good way to show how accurate their product is. I don't understand why they don't do that.

What I see on the RS website gives me a different impression than what I see on this forum. I have no idea if it is intentional or not, but I do feel the website is misleading.

They could do like every other armour maker and just not have a website. Is that better? There are less pictures of the TK moulding process because it's a long time ago. But if you look at their blog you can find posts on how the moulded their TB helmet.

RS has been transparent to the community. And that's what I care about.

• Like 4

They could do like every other armour maker and just not have a website. Is that better? There are less pictures of the TK moulding process because it's a long time ago. But if you look at their blog you can find posts on how the moulded their TB helmet.

RS has been transparent to the community. And that's what I care about.

Not to say is so, but why is it so hard to believe that maybe, just maybe Anovos is bound to a contract to NOT disclose their source or exactly how they obtained their specs. Why does everything have to be a conspiracy? Heck I'm still bound to a similar contract with my FOTK. I get builders and armors asking to use my build pictures all the time, guess what I have to say, No sorry. This thread is like a growing lynch mob. Kind of reminds me of another thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hmm. I only care about the buckets. Can you have the helmets on the same pic side by side?

I'm suppose someone is hard at work prepping a high quality side by side for everyone to speculate more, or this will be the longest go nowhere thread in history. 

;)

• Like 1

Not to say is so, but why is it so hard to believe that maybe, just maybe Anovos is bound to a contract to NOT disclose their source or exactly how they obtained their specs. Why does everything have to be a conspiracy? Heck I'm still bound to a similar contract with my FOTK. I get builders and armors asking to use my build pictures all the time, guess what I have to say, No sorry. This thread is like a growing lynch mob. Kind of reminds me of another thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That would be a first. Most other licensed stuff we've seen seem to be bragging about what their origins are.

The origins of FOTK isn't a secret though. Kev W sculpted it. End of story, basically. And that NDA is just a bunch of bull.

• Like 1

That would be a first. Most other licensed stuff we've seen seem to be bragging about what their origins are.

The origins of FOTK isn't a secret though. Kev W sculpted it. End of story, basically. And that NCO is just a bunch of bull.

When you say bragging you mean advertising.

I agree regarding the NDA but it is what it is.

These are the added parts to the RS?

Have you been paying no attention at all? This have been stated in other threads, which you've also been goofing around in.

Edited by Ryth_
  • Like 1

Have you been paying no attention at all? This have been stated in other threads, which you've also been goofing around in.

Be nice!

edit: Please  :)

• Like 1

Is the point to only see where the Anovos and RS are the same or different? This won't prove one is more accurate than the other.

If both have a specific part based on different ANH era screen used parts, I would think they would look almost identical. This would not prove the Anovos is based on the RS suit. If the RS suit has parts that are known to not be screen accurate and the Anovos part matches, that would indicate the RS part was used as a source.

I'm surprised how little evidence is shown comparing reproductions to screen used parts. I understand very few people have access to screen used parts, but those that say their parts are based on screen used parts should be eager to show how accurate their parts are.

RS is by far more accurate.

Where is the Provost Marshall? 

I do not take kindly to insult.  nor to staff members adding a like to said insult.

No answer will be offered.

I believe CFO bought fibreglass moulds taken from the outside of one of Cameron's modified armour so they did not touch the original armour (which is an ESB MKII - not ROTJ). Mark cast them and cleaned up/altered/modified/whatever to make them into what you see today which is a far cry from the original design (from a hard-core accurate POV)

Going back to the original topic in hand, we need side-by-side photos of the sculpted and donated parts of the RS and Anovos to show that they are the same (albeit cleaned up on the Anovos). No doubt the entire RS suit was used as a base for their armour and those who say this is different or that is different just don't seem to be able to see that the parts have been cleaned up or modified in the same way the helmet has with it's dodgy looking eyes. Just because they are not identical doesn't mean the base shape is not the same even though alterations have been made.

Is there a way to PROVE any of this?

They are not the same.  Anovos was not "cleaned up"  it is idealized.  It directly compares to the process by EFX and sideshow.  They are not RECAST.

even Rs props shows clearly a broken set of armor.  I personally believe that the RS suit was pulled by tashy bains, at elstree and was used as both a Td and a TK in the film.

my point is that I don't believe that the AV armor has anything to do with RS. 

DONE.

Edited by TK bondservnt

I started this thread to compare RS to anovos...

any other posting is interesting. but it does not follow the thread.

Love you all TM and many more.

keep it on topic, and be blessed.