Anovos and RS side by side.

Not all armour.

What armor is exactly like screen accurate, no fan sculpt involved, like for like?

edit: Hasn't been mix matched either

What armor is exactly like screen accurate, no fan sculpt involved, like for like?

edit: Hasn't been mix matched either

That hero suit in Gino's closet. :P

• Like 7

You guys keep posting pics of the outside of the armor. I can only tell when looking at the inside, where it might have originated from. 

From what I heard from the panel at Anaheim, they had been working from several sources to get their molds. They told me that they were using the best parts from the existing kits, which I believe they have. They just have not been forthcoming as to the where or who they got them from. I hate to say it, but that is their prerogative.

What it comes down to is "do you like the armor and what they have done to it"? I've been trooping in mismatched armor ever since I started. Even with my ATA, there are some parts that wore out and I had to cast myself, like the belt and butt plate.

Vern, I can make neither heads nor tails from your "side by side comparison". I realize that you were in a hurry and just snapped some shots, but the title of your thread is very misleading. In your own admission you said that you knew that this thread was going to go this way. I was hoping for something more definitive and not just another argument based largely on opinion and little on fact. 

If you like it, then troop on brother. It's better than FX.
  • Like 3

They just have not been forthcoming as to the where or who they got them from. I hate to say it, but that is their prerogative.

Something else to consider is they may be bound by an NDA to keep their mouths shut regarding where they acquired their specs.  

• Like 1

Here's a picture of the left and right forearms if anyone has an RS picture they could throw out....

-----------

The left forearm (I believe) are the two pieces on the right.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Like I said it from the beginning and also to Paul, the back plate is completely different, the whole box difference shape, the circle totally different design, shape and size.

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 2

lol, yes of course :D  but I'm referring to production armor. 

In that case, CFO's ROTJ is the one with the least amount of alterations. I believe that it has everything original except for minor detail parts. Kind of like RS, but without the sculpted forearm. It's from the Cameron Oakley moulds taken from an LFL made ROTJ suit. It was missing the right arm, so that should be doubled up. But CFO may have sourced another ROTJ arm to replace the missing arm with. I don't recall. Either way it's the same origin as TE and all it's derivatives except that TE only borrowed the moulds, and CFO managed to buy them. TE later on managed to source an arm from the special edition suits to use as the otherwise missing right arm, which is one of the differences between TE2 and AP because TE2 has the SE arm and AP does not (which uses two left arms).

• Like 2

Good effort but the naysayers will argue they can from any source. The things we need to compare are the parts I donated and the parts Rob sculpted:

-Left forearm

-Left bicep

-Shoulder straps

-Knee plate

-Hand plates

-Ab buttons

I can take pics of the shoulder straps, but those are the only RS parts I own.

You guys keep posting pics of the outside of the armor. I can only tell when looking at the inside, where it might have originated from.

From what I heard from the panel at Anaheim, they had been working from several sources to get their molds. They told me that they were using the best parts from the existing kits, which I believe they have. They just have not been forthcoming as to the where or who they got them from. I hate to say it, but that is their prerogative.

What it comes down to is "do you like the armor and what they have done to it"? I've been trooping in mismatched armor ever since I started. Even with my ATA, there are some parts that wore out and I had to cast myself, like the belt and butt plate.

Vern, I can make neither heads nor tails from your "side by side comparison". I realize that you were in a hurry and just snapped some shots, but the title of your thread is very misleading. In your own admission you said that you knew that this thread was going to go this way. I was hoping for something more definitive and not just another argument based largely on opinion and little on fact.

If you like it, then troop on brother. It's better than FX.

Well they sure as hell didn't pick out the best shins. The thing that makes me think ANOVOS came from RS is the shins. Anovos has 4 outer shins like RS does. And they suck to wear cause they just don't go together I had to replace mine.

The RS Props website simply says they have access to a near complete original suit. I haven't found any mention on the website of what they had to create, modify, etc. Shouldn't those being critical of Anovos for not being transparent about the sources of their armor also not like RS Props not being transparent about parts they created or modified?<br><br>

I think some people have the impression that the RS Props suit is 100% directly cast from an original suit that is in great condition. From what I have read on these forums, that appears to be somewhat exagerated from the real lineage. I'm not saying anything about the quality of the RS suit, but it's lineage appears to be somewhat exagerated.<br><br>

I'm not a fan of the lumpy helmet they produce. That may be how the originals were, but that isn't how they looked to me when I saw the films. I prefer a more clean helmet.<br><br>

I disagree with some people making definitive statements that one armor is better than another armor. It depends on what the buyer is looking for and how much they want to spend. People need to do some research on whatever armor they are thinking about purchasing, not just go by a few posts on a forum.

In that case, CFO's ROTJ is the one with the least amount of alterations. I believe that it has everything original except for minor detail parts. Kind of like RS, but without the sculpted forearm. It's from the Cameron Oakley moulds taken from an LFL made ROTJ suit. It was missing the right arm, so that should be doubled up. But CFO may have sourced another ROTJ arm to replace the missing arm with. I don't recall. Either way it's the same origin as TE and all it's derivatives except that TE only borrowed the moulds, and CFO managed to buy them. TE later on managed to source an arm from the special edition suits to use as the otherwise missing right arm, which is one of the differences between TE2 and AP because TE2 has the SE arm and AP does not (which uses two left arms).

The CFO ROTJ suit was created by vac forming over the top of the handful of fiberglass pieces that came from Cameron Oakley, which would seriously deviate from the original forms.

The original armor parts that Cameron Oakley had were molded from the outside in silicone molds.

CFO was given castings from those silicone molds to vac form over, but much artistic interpretation and alteration had taken place from what the original suit was like vs the final vac form parts made by CFO.

The original Cameron Oakley suit was only about 1/3 complete. Everything else was scratch built.

The list of original Cameron Oakley armor parts was the chest, abdomen, backplate w/scratch built details, kidney/butt plate, left shoulder, left bicept inner/outer, left forearm inner/outer, left and right thigh inner/outers, and only one shin inner/outer. Every other piece was scratch built.

I've handled screen-used ROTJ suits and the ROTJ that CFO makes is in my opinion not very accurate to the screen-used ROTJ suits if you compared them side-by-side.

The one and only set of molds that were taken directly from the inside of the Cameron Oakley original armor pieces (which is what you would need to produce truly accurate parts) have been in my possession since the early 2000s.

• Like 5

Man I love this thread.  be constructive. show photos.. don't just talk.

sure... my photos were never meant to be the best.

show photos

I'm not here to debate off topic materials.

someone mentioned that I found AP better than TM... well... 

I'll say this.in 2009 that was our hot topic.

I figure there are enough smart people out there who can take photos.

other people with opinions probably should have a few photos laying around.

Edited by TK bondservnt

I talk to matt/ TE  can you confirm this?

Having a great deal of contact with AP and TE I will have to use the gino method... trust me.

The timeline presented is missing a few details.

Edited by TK bondservnt

I talk to matt/ TE  can you confirm this?

Since Gino chose not to correct me on this point, I think i that means  I'm fairly close to the mark.

Also, don't hang around TE. He's still trying to screw people over. Just ask THG.

The one and only set of molds that were taken directly from the inside of the Cameron Oakley original armor pieces (which is what you would need to produce truly accurate parts) have been in my possession since the early 2000s.

I'd like to borrow them for one week.

I just sent this to matt and he had nothing to say. I get from him that this line is not what he expected to see from a history that would certainly have to be proven.

yet I do know he was not happy to be asked about such.  He's tired of debate.

Edited by TK bondservnt

I'd like to borrow them for one week.

It has always been stated that the COak molds were taken from the outside?

The cameron oakley original armor parts were molded from the outside for making fiberglass parts (which is what was given to CFO).

They were also molded from the inside for making vac form parts. There was only ever one original set of inside molds taken and I have them. Any other versions of these molds were derivatives or poor recasts that were later cleaned up etc..

• Like 1