Shoulder Strap Placement - FX Armour

I got the snap & nylon straps on the underside of my chest and back plates done last night watching hockey (good game!). Anyway. I was about to attach the shoulder straps, but decided I should ask and see where they should go exactly. I'm thinking that the front shouldn't be push to far forward, but want to be certain. I will be welding the front on and using velco on the back, so I want to make sure I get this right the first time around.

If anyone can post a picture of their's so I can have a look...??

thanks!

DD.

Ok for elite status be sure to glue the front on, no visable screws or rivets and leave the back to float free. You can use 2 small pieces of elastic to hold the rear down if you wish, thats optional.

41hoxPs.jpg

mu5FOmI.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

• 3 months later...

I made a little booboo doing this, I glued the straps to both the chest and back plate. Now I ahf to find a smart way to reinforce it I guess :-P

Maybe just use a heatgun and form some ABS and then glue it to the underside of both the armor and strap, hmm....

If anyone else messes theirs up, I have loads of these moulded ready to go as a replacement set.

Whatever you, don't allow the strap to be a connecting 'stressed' piece.

Use a band of black elastic underneath the strap to hold the 2 (back and chest) together

Does anyone put this little fabric (or whatever) strap on the back of theirs to hold down the shoulder strap?

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

No said:
Does anyone put this little fabric (or whatever) strap on the back of theirs to hold down the shoulder strap?

----------

I do on my armor. Basically, it's just a thin white elastic strap looped around and tied in a knot.

It serves two purposes for me. It keeps my nylon straps from showing, as they seem to want to shift a bit, and they are one of those goofy "screen accurate" touches that only a few people would identify. I don't flood my TK with those types of details, but that is one that I do since it is easy and serves a dual purpose.

Edited by gmrhodes13

No said:

---------

I have as well. 1/8 inch elastic tied in a knot around the nylon webbing to keep it from showing so much. And yeah, it's just one of those little move-accurate things that only those in the know would pick up on, but I like the authenticity.

Edited by gmrhodes13