COMPLETED ANOVOS TK Pictures

CRISTONAMO

Hello everyone, I would like to show off my completed anovos tk pictures Total build time was 5 days. The armor in my opinion could be compared to TM and RS in terms of quality and thickness of plastic, the armor is very flexible, just like TM and RS armor. Most people will look at the armor and not like what they see, being use to AP, ATA, CAP, WTF, MTK, because all of those armors are from modified retooled rotj armor. For reference, I am 5'6, 145 pounds. The back of the legs were cut for better mobility, and i need to make the shins sit lower on my legs. this is my very first test fit with it all together another test fit will happen tonight a few changes are already made. 

Now, first things first. Before I am told what is wrong with the armor I will point out I know the drop boxes need to be spread out more, I will need a new belt since anovos has 4, I will be keeping the 4 rivet belt for now as I am in the market for a hero helmet, i already have the hero hand guards, grappling hook and com link. I plan to make a replica Luke in storm trooper disguise. The helmet frown will be filed and repainted, but i am pleased with the overall fit off the armor. Now to show it off!

24818785795_74f9e595c5_b.jpg

24190600934_eed1504ac2_c.jpg

24188764464_15b3832855_c.jpg

24790673656_d9cac9e2d2_z.jpg

24449299549_1436940a0d_z.jpg

24699080372_23197b887b_c.jpg

24449298379_966deac9f1_c.jpg

Note: A TM TD was used for these pictures as i can't find the 4 screws that came with the anovos TD

24190094513_63ecfce851_c.jpg

24190092813_92fb6974e8_c.jpg

24790669726_a640f20b91_c.jpg

24188757344_1a426f14fc_c.jpg

Note: the eyes were cut out mor. It looks much better this way, frown will be repainted, and the lens are not installed in these photos

24723456111_d3913fe24a_c.jpg

24449293549_69307106d6_c.jpg

24449292039_1a64ce5bdb_c.jpg

24521402390_9c4dd61283_c.jpg

24816931185_0cf493cc2d_c.jpg

24723452871_7cd3f2422a_c.jpg

24188753374_22c6754350_c.jpg

24790661756_402c34e846_c.jpg

24449287669_097569a799_c.jpg

24190082603_13fc7f5075_z.jpg

24449285439_7e98e1abba_c.jpg

• Like 2

There are a lot of edges that would look a lot better trimmed. Cover strips that are longer than the edge of the armour. Gaps on the long edges of cover strips that could be filled in. The white edges around the eyes . it looks like you've left return edges on the ab and glutes that should be trimmed back. Nothing should be there that runs perpendicular to the armour flat on you. Make all the lines nice and clean and it'll look good.

Edited by sylverbard

There are a lot of edges that would look a lot better trimmed. Cover strips that are longer than the edge of the armour. Gaps on the long edges of cover strips that could be filled in. The white edges around the eyes . it looks like you've left return edges on the ab and glutes that should be trimmed back. Nothing should be there that runs perpendicular to the armour flat on you. Make all the lines nice and clean and it'll look good.

That's misinformation. There's clearly return edges on the pieces I left return edge on looking at the stormtrooper reference pictures provided on this website. I followed nothing but original armor pictures. Return edge is accurate. Some strips need slight trimming but this is made to replicate a movie production made tk. Minus the bracket strapping. return edge makes the armor look thicker in appearance. Gaps were in the original armor. Nothing looked perfect on it. As mine is the same. Of course the armor is not finished its just wearable at the moment.
  • Like 3

That's misinformation. There's clearly return edges on the pieces I left return edge on looking at the stormtrooper reference pictures provided on this website. I followed nothing but original armor pictures. Return edge is accurate. Some strips need slight trimming but this is made to replicate a movie production made tk. Minus the bracket strapping. return edge makes the armor look thicker in appearance. Gaps were in the original armor. Nothing looked perfect on it. As mine is the same. Of course the armor is not finished its just wearable at the moment.

Fine. I'll put it this way: if you're happy with the overall appearance of the armour because you're attempting to duplicate a suit of anh worn armor, then that's awesome. Good job.

The thing that stood out to me were those big square notches you took out behind the knees. If anything it should have been a gradual curve cut out of the formed edge detail behind the knee and trim the top of the thigh to get it to fit your height. You trim bottom of shins and top of thighs. Not at knee. Look at back view in CRL. anyone else reading, this isn't a race. Take your time and have fun with it. There's plenty of time for trooping.

The thing that stood out to me were those big square notches you took out behind the knees. If anything it should have been a gradual curve cut out of the formed edge detail behind the knee and trim the top of the thigh to get it to fit your height. You trim bottom of shins and top of thighs. Not at knee. Look at back view in CRL. anyone else reading, this isn't a race. Take your time and have fun with it. There's plenty of time for trooping.

again not true, yes the could be rounded, and I will round them. But it's clear in the Blu Ray screenshot images this is an accurate cut to tk armor. The back of thighs are a must have cut in order for short people to bend knees, run up stairs, run, I did this with my old tk, got eib approved, and when given centurion suggestions they stated this cut is ok. I'll find a picture in the reference to prove this. So to anyone else building this armor, cuts in the back of the thigh is OK. It's actually said to cut this part BEFORE you decide to cut the top of the thighs, as cutting the top could mee up the shape and detail at the top. There's a notch in this armor just like the originals that will get cut off that's supposed to be there.

• Like 1

gallery_14191_17_2048.jpg:blink:

That's one set, keep checking. Some were cut for actors who weren't as tall there's a good pic somewhere when the troopers raid the control room where r2 and c3 pro are in. Can't post it right now. I'll look later

gallery_14191_17_2048.jpg:blink:

Took the picture right out of my gallery.

Sorry man but I don't know what blue ray captures you saw. But none that I've seen had them square.

Here's another. And probably one of maybe 3 good captures from our references that show them.

71005859fb8985e17f2cf62c00b396ca.jpg

All that aside. The armour seems to fit you well and looks good on!

Edited by C0bra_M3nace

again not true, yes the could be rounded, and I will round them. But it's clear in the Blu Ray screenshot images this is an accurate cut to tk armor. The back of thighs are a must have cut in order for short people to bend knees, run up stairs, run, I did this with my old tk, got eib approved, and when given centurion suggestions they stated this cut is ok. I'll find a picture in the reference to prove this. So to anyone else building this armor, cuts in the back of the thigh is OK. It's actually said to cut this part BEFORE you decide to cut the top of the thighs, as cutting the top could mee up the shape and detail at the top. There's a notch in this armor just like the originals that will get cut off that's supposed to be there.

Btw. No one is saying that the cut shouldn't be there, people are simply saying that it should have been rounded instead of 90 degree cuts is all.

• Like 1

Btw. No one is saying that the cut shouldn't be there, people are simply saying that it should have been rounded instead of 90 degree cuts is all.

he clearly stated the armor is to be cut only at top of shins and top of thighs, so here's my proof showing two troopers with my cuts. As said before I will round them. Research first guys before making assumptions

post-16660-0-82809400-1454623935_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

He took the words right out of my mouth. The suit looked great on you in the pictures. Another great reference is the RS suit in the gallery. That's the original and many photos of the backs. Again this isn't to knock you. You posted and were just sayin'.That's all.btw,I wrote was cut bottom of shins and top of thighs. Not top of both.

Edited by magni
  • Like 1

he clearly stated the armor is to be cut only at top of shins and top of thighs, so here's my proof showing two troopers with my cuts. As said before I will round them. Research first guys before making assumptions

I'm positive he meant top of shins and bottom of thighs. That's what I understood from what he said.

Anyways since you've begun insulting everyone who is trying to help I'll kindly remove myself from this thread. Clearly you don't need any help!

Edited by C0bra_M3nace
  • Like 1

I'm so short I had to cut the top of my thighs and notch out the bottom, also had to trim the bottom of my shins. He said he was going to round them off, those were just a quick hey it's assembled photo. Not like he was submitting those to his GML for approval. 

I'm positive he meant top of shins and bottom of thighs. That's what I understood from what he said.

Anyways since you've begun insulting everyone who is trying to help I'll kindly remove myself from this thread. Clearly you don't need any help!

He just restated saying bottom of shins and top of thighs, so I don't know where you got that from. I'm just clarifyin the cuts are accurate for short stature troopers. I'm not fighting with anyone, taking in feedback. But I won't take misinformed feedback. I'll round the cuts as suggested and make cuts in the shins, cause cuts in the back of top part of shins are accurate as well. Although the bottom of the shins may need to be cut too. You're just simply misreading what he said is all. I'm not insulting anyone.

I'm so short I had to cut the top of my thighs and notch out the bottom, also had to trim the bottom of my shins. He said he was going to round them off, those were just a quick hey it's assembled photo. Not like he was submitting those to his GML for approval.

Thanks for understanding, I guess only short stormtroopers understand the struggle haha. As you said I never said I'm submitting for approval. I just thought people would love to see what a completed anovos armor looks like.

Looks to me like you were under pressure. I always recommend patience instead of rush. Your thighs just seam to be too long.

And even if you can find one single reference pic with the thighs like this...

There are a lot of reference pics with broken or loose parts - that doesn't have to make the armor better only because you copied screen accurate goofs.

I recommend leashes around the heel to get your shins lower.

Shown in this thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35329-howto-keeping-tk-shins-in-place/?hl=shins

Work on it, improve it and it will be fine

Edited by Ripper_L
  • Like 1

Looks to me like you were under pressure. I always recommend patience instead of rush. Your thighs just seam to be too long.

And even if you can find one single reference pic with the thighs like this...

There are a lot of reference pics with broken or loose parts - that doesn't have to make the armor better only because you copied screen accurate goofs.

I recommend leashes around the heel to get your shins lower.

Shown in this thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35329-howto-keeping-tk-shins-in-place/?hl=shins

Work on it, improve it and it will be fine

This is not a broken, or armor 'goof' from the movie. This is an accurate, armor cut solution to have better mobility for short stature troopers. I have seen this centurion approved. I have seen it been ok'd countless times by members from this site and ive seen troopers around me and in picutres who use this cut. There was no rush on the armor. For years I've researched the stormtrooper armor. Been on this site for about 4 years now so I know for a fact this is accepted here. Most troopers are tall enough to not have to make these cuts but the short troopers in the movie have them. there shouldn't be a reason these aren't accepted.

That's funny because when I saw you thermal detonator I thought it looked like a TM one. Glad to see my eye is still sharp.

Honestly it looks good, but I can't help myself to think there's something off with the chest plate. And I will have to add to the others, the way you notched your thighs is too much. Yes, they are thighs in the film that are notched like that, but never extending over the bottom ridge where you fasten the ammo thigh pack.

Instead of going this far up on the thighs, why didn't you notch the top of your shins?

However, for anyone thinking about it, I do not recommand trimming the top of the thighs. In most case, it will look far worse. This is absolutely a last chance solution.

Also, your straps from biceps to forearm are mispositionned. They should be oriented towards the front instead of the back like you did.

Here's an original right arm for example:

med_gallery_12157_16_24850.jpg

The forearm to bicep strapping is a super easy fix. I agree with Germain about leaving the bottom ridge. I cut the crescent shape out of mine but it wasn't enough so I HAD to trim from the top as well. Someone please make a kit for us shorties lol. 

• Like 1