Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

One step away from going stunt- teeth not co-operating - trying my wood burning tool as my last ditch effort- don't want to use paste on extra teeth - bumski's

Practicing on scrap first

Take a look at another hero thread... I read about one guy who pushed out the extra teeth, and had to use paste, and sand it down until it matched... It looked good though after all said and done.

Cheers Danimal! Yes, I read that thread - he used a standard iron on his - problem that I'm facing (no pun intended) is that the ABS is really thick in that location and hobby iron is just not heating enough to make it malleable to push in.

Take a look at another hero thread... I read about one guy who pushed out the extra teeth, and had to use paste, and sand it down until it matched... It looked good though after all said and done.

That was me... linked below, should be on page 11 or so.  I used a hot air gun from a soldering station to heat up the ABS, then push it out as much as I could... which wasn't enough, so I filled the last bit with ABS paste, and sanded it down until it was smooth.

• Like 3

Aaron, is the TD tube black? I've always known it to be grey.

Yes, it's black abs 2" - I actually have 2" grey PVC conduit that I scooped from a construction bin. If you go to a new home area, you can ask the local contractors (electricians for some scrap) - worse case scenario you can buy it at Home Depot, but you get a 10' length.

You can remove the lettering on the pipe using Clear PVC primer.

• Like 1

Yes, it's black abs 2" - I actually have 2" grey PVC conduit that I scooped from a construction bin. If you go to a new home area, you can ask the local contractors (electricians for some scrap) - worse case scenario you can buy it at Home Depot, but you get a 10' length.

You can remove the lettering on the pipe using Clear PVC primer.

Good to know! Thanks, Aaron.

• Like 1