Q's First Order Stormtrooper Build

gmrhodes13

Had been too busy getting this project together to post a build thread day by day so decided to just post one once I was finished.

In no way will this build be documented as much as others, to those of you who took the time to document their builds in such fine detail for others to follow I thank you.

"No Instructions" no problems if you have a detachement like FISD and it's members "Troopers Helping Troopers" Speaking of which a massive thank you to Jeroen (Svache) for allowing me to use his address and for forwarding on the boxes as Anovos does not ship to Australia.

Started to get a few things ready for the armor arrival.

First I'm going to modify a back support for the harness, will help my normal back pain.

cNyqjXp.jpg

Q3gILM7.jpg

Started on the gaskets from Wyatt (these are much thinner than Anovos and allow more movement), as these are the earlier version I will modify them to be a one piece arm system.

Giving everything a trim and working out how much to cut off the elbow sections.

Na0pR0c.jpg

hE9Ej1J.jpg

Applying some glue

BhQeP8R.jpg

z9T5dYi.jpg

Attach the elastic straps, adjusters and velcro to the gaskets, can easily be replaced or shortened

y5Cvofh.jpg

XIbMIuy.jpg

And finished

XzoueYs.jpg

Fans wired and ready for fitting

jOrlK7l.jpg

Boots and gloves arrived

1tQtuKk.jpg

XDyzkzF.jpg

Adding some velcro to both rubber and material gaskets

LKhcaFS.jpg

zwyojse.jpg

Making some snap plates, elastic straps and inner support strips for the arms

M7VCNEg.jpg

• Like 1

The day finally arrived, big brown box, now the fun starts, best wear the appropriate attire

EUnHb65.jpg

Time to trim, can never say this enough, RESEARCH, makes a build so much easier, I have so many builds and photos download on the computer to follow, Anovos do not supply instructions

dR2r8rq.jpg

ETCJmdF.jpg

Also made some spares clips just in case any pop off of break

T9b0uNy.jpg

Time to assemble

SKnwP9M.jpg

6tUYVC3.jpg

VpX7wPb.jpg

fHWaUvk.jpg

p4CuGfT.jpg

The dreaded chest update (much crisper lines), this was not the nicest part of the build but turned out fine

KPldMqT.jpg

Some more assembly, calf boxes, TD and belt boxes

uGsDyGW.jpg

QtnDEJq.jpg

r1vCxTd.jpg

Also two more boxes arrived

A5reo5R.jpg

7Cnmdbq.jpg

Snaps, clips and velcro added to spats, chest boxes trimmed

ubhOb33.jpg

Snaps and strapping glued

DVQpPFq.jpg

Making a modification for the shoulders, on the screen armor there is a plate cut into the shoulder that holds the bell up but it leaves a weak area. This modifcation will do the same job without loosing any strength.

3E71YXP.jpg

Adding some ABS paste for strength then followed with bondo (filler) and sanded

a9UNNIs.jpg

fLFdW1k.jpg

• Like 1

More filler and sanding

pkTnhRZ.jpg

v6r6Cgj.jpg

Ab boxes trimmed and glued

gI0dkH1.jpg

6 days in primer/filler applied and first trial fit

JOdRmmF.jpg

NCy7fzM.jpg

Last box has arrived

3FQNvbh.jpg

Assembly of the belt

1UUQM59.jpg

Another sand and another few coats of primer

rxqMcEp.jpg

Testing a few of the smaller pieces with the white and clear coats, making sure it matches the helmet. Anovos specify Rustoleum paint but I vowed never to use it again after my clone build, most of the cans i used would clog or spray uneven. Decided to us acrylic automotive paint, Super Cheap had some on sale, their own SCA brand, I had used it before on the Rebels Stormtrooper helmet, dries quickly and can be sanded and buffed if needed

wIEyvyS.jpg

At first I didn't think I would have enough time but this build has run smoother than I thought it would, 8 days in paint and clear coats applied and drying

gcQWqq6.jpg

Let the paint dry out completely for another two days, final fitting and approval photos sent in

fMNcI8M.jpg

hYtaR6k.jpg

Approved 21st November, number 2 for Australia

U7zZn83.jpg

zIFxOAG.jpg

With everything being painted transportation will be a pain, decided to make some soft material pouches for all the armor pieces

xmHWaOG.jpg

Christmas upgrades, should have been used today at the Channel 7 Christmas Pageant but it was unfortunately cancelled due to forecasted rain and thunderstorms, first time in 44 years of the pageant, this is Australia in summer right?

HUGSXFt.jpg

• Like 4

Great looking build! Congrats on the approval, and neat idea on the cloth covers.

Cheers brother, don't want to damage that pretty paint ;)

Sweet build. Are you ever going to wear another costume again? (assuming the movie is good that is)

-Eric

I've got just a couple, I do like a change, to tell the truth I've always been an ANH Stormtrooper at heart since 77 so EPVII would have to be pretty bloody impressive ;)

Looks awesome! Congrats on the approval :jc_doublethumbup:

Cheers Snaps Edited by gmrhodes13

Thank you, Q.

As always, plenty to take from your build thread - even if it is an abbreviated one (much like my own will ultimately be, for much the same reason).

Nicely Done Mate. Im digging the Santa Pauldron ;)

Very nice build Q! Well done.

Thank you, Q.

As always, plenty to take from your build thread - even if it is an abbreviated one (much like my own will ultimately be, for much the same reason).

Thanks guys

Edited by gmrhodes13

The great Q strikes again, great job mate, hope you are bringing that puppy to Dream World next year!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now completed a few troops with the baton, fans seem to love it, even if I don't have it extending.

b1Wokaz.jpg

N92EMHh.jpg

jzDvGsL.jpg

With hope the no blaster rule will lift soon I've started work on my JJ Armory resin kit, I also have a 3D printed blaster to build and another resin kit on it's way.

Squeezed in the electronics, filled, sanded and primer applied

zVJKioa.jpg

On to color coats

OMZnOK5.jpg

Detail color added

Jz2yTjZ.jpg

More details

lVgFb39.jpg

Assembled and glue drying

N2ZqCkR.jpg

Sound and lights in action

Also had some time to get my shield done

eqJVAWc.jpgspREmQ4.jpgWthvTiG.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Decided since I have a bad neck to try one of the Anovos plastic helmets, it arrived a few weeks ago, a few differences but overall a nice addition to the collection.

helm1a.webp.03e6c9373323959682cbe37068a031e2.webp

helm1b.webp.773018c495539fd8f27372c7096672a5.webp

Finally got around to adding some fans to the Anovos plastic helmet.

LRGyUJ9.jpg

Removed the flimsy plastic head liner and replaced it with foam.

5yvXc9s.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Updated my baton to look a little more accurate, also added a speaker jack to run to an Aker Amp, should be nice and loud at conventions ;)

A4gHUxa.jpg

Also had a fellow member (Chivo) print a SE-44C for me so started work on that, of course it had to have electronics and a speaker jack.

4oYzpUg.jpg

KANtCfh.jpg

VIGpzqY.jpg

jMnZAWO.jpg

QEprQic.jpg

rxAqKtT.jpg

BVM1WyL.jpg

bSF0nvd.jpg

• 2 years later...