TK9357 Request Elite Status.[23][FX]

My husband wanted me to get on and see how we did putting my armor together. I know I'm a little short, but I'm just built that way. We have the same F/X kit, the same upgrades, and the same helmet,(AP). I will post the basic pictures and then let me know what pictures are needed. He's pictures are still up as well.

Thanks,

Michele

IMG_7085.jpg

IMG_7088.jpg

IMG_7099.jpg

IMG_7090.jpg

IMG_7089.jpg

As soon as he took this picture, he went and got the paint to cover the rivit

IMG_7094.jpg

IMG_7092.jpg

Still working on keeping my hair in the helmet. He will not let me cut it!

I'd suggest trimming about 2 inches off of your chest and taking your thighs in alot, they are too barrel shapped for your frame :)

What Bernard said. Long term you'll probably have to swap out the chest and perhaps the belt I'm afraid.

She's a runner and has big thighs. I can't decrease the circumference any more. If you are reffering to the way they hang at the knees, I need to have them shaped some how. They are oval shaped at the knee and the long part of the oval is in the front and back. If I could get them reshaped to a circle or close, they would look fine. When I reshape them buy pushing them in the right shape while she is wearing them, they look great. Any suggestions?

In regards to the chest: I have trimmed the top, but have been reluctant to trim the bottom because we will lose the roll under shape of the bottom of the chest. So you guys think I should go for it and cut the bottom? You said I will be swapping out the chest and belt. Why, and to what maker? Thanks for all your input.

We knew that it would be challenging to get a TK on her and to look great, but we're up to the task. It's important that we get to do events together, side by side and not get separated because of character class.

At some point, we still plan on building a RC, Darman, and Jedi, Etain. Or a Biker Scout and Mara Jade.

Keep the advice coming and I'll keep you posted on the progress.

She's a runner and has big thighs. I can't decrease the circumference any more. If you are reffering to the way they hang at the knees, I need to have them shaped some how. They are oval shaped at the knee and the long part of the oval is in the front and back. If I could get them reshaped to a circle or close, they would look fine. When I reshape them buy pushing them in the right shape while she is wearing them, they look great. Any suggestions?

In regards to the chest: I have trimmed the top, but have been reluctant to trim the bottom because we will lose the roll under shape of the bottom of the chest. So you guys think I should go for it and cut the bottom? You said I will be swapping out the chest and belt. Why, and to what maker? Thanks for all your input.

We knew that it would be challenging to get a TK on her and to look great, but we're up to the task. It's important that we get to do events together, side by side and not get separated because of character class.

At some point, we still plan on building a RC, Darman, and Jedi, Etain. Or a Biker Scout and Mara Jade.

Keep the advice coming and I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Thighs: this is just an issue with the FX thighs that they're very barrel shaped, and yes we're referring to the gap at the knees. You have to trim at an angle and some folks use a heat gun. If you have some cash, you can always try upgrading to AP.

FX Chest: yes, trim the bottom. I saw TK4205 actually use a mark one eyeball and free hand trimmed the bottom of someone's chest with nothing more than a knife. Others stack a few coins with an exact blade which allows normal humans to track the same curve. Replace: definitely with an AP, as it's smaller and has a more correct sculpt. You should replace the chest/back as a set.

Belt: also replace with AP down the line. It should be fine for awhile, this is only if you want to get anal in proportions.

No doubt getting FX to fit on a smaller person is more of a challenge (the sculpt base was someone 6'+ IIRC), esp. the thighs which are a challenge for almost everyone.

That said Darman, we have utmost faith and confidence in your being able pull it off. Michele will be the first female Elite and you'll be the first married Elite, so being sooooo close with just a few items to go...just think how awesome it will be when you're done! :D

I aggree with Nathan, Benard and Paul :D

Seriously i would replace the chest and back plate, i think if you trim the fx chest part it will look odd as the overall shape will be lost, its definately made for a very tall troooper.

Apart from that everything else looks good to go :duim:

Alright, I did some work on her armor today. What do you think?

I friend of mine is coming over this weekend and we're going to see if we can reshape the thighs a little more. I did a little reshaping already, as you should be able to tell, but they can use a little more.

IMG_7111.jpg

IMG_7110.jpg

IMG_7107.jpg

IMG_7109.jpg

IMG_7108.jpg

Much better! That butt plate is tricky enough as is - you nailed a very hard element there. Chest looks noticeably better as well - great job! I wouldn't touch it, and at this point think you'll be fine w/o moving to AP.

I'd trim the shoulder bells up a tad though (1/2" to start?) when you work on the thighs.

Kudos again - this is coming along really, really well!

Yeah, I already trimmed a 1 & 1/2" off the bells. Think I'll go another 3/4" off the bottom. What about the rest of the bells dimensions?

That is better.

You could roll the edge useing that model iron. Where was that thread...

YES, where is that thread! I already told her I would find a way to get them rolled again. Thanks for the help! Please post it for me or give me an idea what it is and where to get one.

YES, where is that thread! I already told her I would find a way to get them rolled again. Thanks for the help! Please post it for me or give me an idea what it is and where to get one.

Here it is:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=2313

nothing left for me to say, late to the party once again. It looks great! Is really good to see a trooping pair :)

Ditto!!! I have been so busy with life, family, baseball and the like, I feel I have been neglecting the forum a little. I love the fact we are all willing to not only chime in with great advice, that the troopers appling are willing to take the advice and run with it.

I agree 100% on all the change suggestions, and I would ask for the bells to be trimmed just a bit. I helped a buddy of mine how is 5' 2" trim his FX, and it is process, but it can be done. And with an AP lid, it looks really nice.

Great work you too. We will have our first Spousal Elites very soon!!!

You know Darman, with all these tweaks her rig will probably end up looking better than yours. But then again, it's as it should be for our wives to look better than us ;-)

You know Darman, with all these tweaks her rig will probably end up looking better than yours. But then again, it's as it should be for our wives to look better than us ;-)

A Men, brother. She is a reflection of me. I always want to help her look her best. I got the bells trimmed up and I reshaped the left thigh. I still need to reshape the right thigh. Hopefully today.

The armor is looking really good. Now if I can only convince my girlfriend to suit up as well. We are working on her slave Leia right now so I guess I have no room to complain. :P

Alright, this should wrap it up. What do you think? I even got the fold back on the chest and back plate!

Before

IMG_7085.jpg

After

IMG_7117.jpg