Actual folding stock on Doopydoos kit

longshadow

Plenty have recently. Mine, Gazmosis, DarkCMF, just to name a few.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/#entry414352

I think others troop with theirs. Mine also has aluminium pipe, real scope, a few other bits so is waaaay too heavy to troop with.

works beautifully, but will make the doopydoos too heavy to troop with.

If you carry it around your arms become longer and longer, if you put it in your Holster, itt will drag down your belt ...

Actually, it's not pointless. For some kids, meeting a Stormtrooper is something close to religious. But some kids are still skeptical. One of the things that makes kids question if we are real is the blaster. Although I never handed over my blaster, i "helped" kids hold it by letting them hold the front. When they feel cold steel and the added weight, they immediately question whether or not it's real. "Hey! That's not a plastic toy!"

• Like 3

@bigcheesewilly

You are completely right, but in that case adding a real scope is pointless, too, because you never see anybody looking through it ...

Having a working bolt, btw, qualifies as pointless, too.

But hey, come on, adding "real" stuff to the (otherwise) plastic weapon is the next best thing to owning the real McCoy.

• Like 1

Get ankle weights and put them on your wrists :)<br>

I'm doing a doopy with real stock and end cap at least that I plan to troop with. Strongtroopers! <br>

If it's all about replicating the movies, Leia at least makes them look heavy.<br>

As for holstering, did they not use real Sterlings for those shots? Or is it a matter of reinforcing the belt somehow?

"If I drop it on your foot it will hurt. Of course it's real. We take the power cell out when kids are around. Lots Vader says child safety is important." Nobody gets the joke tho.

On 10/26/2015 at 8:31 PM, bigcheesewilly said:

Seriously, the folding stock is pointless....There is no reference to it in any of the movies.

So why bother...??

Adding a folding stock to the DD kit is like adding a hat to the mona lisa.......... :laugh1:

--------

There are definitely no references to a folding stock in the films.  Nor are there for a functioning bolt, see-through scope, magazine release mechanism, selector switch and a working trigger.  Yet people mod them accordingly.  Just a thought....

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Not noticeably tapered if at all. They're just old and stubborn! Some wd40 or maybe de-greaser might help depending on its condition (rust, dirt, oil goo). Mine came out without much effort using a hammer, a small nail and needle nosed pliers to pull it out once you can get a grip. One pin was very wet with original oil and the other had only some, btw. The hard part for me was getting the arms off the pegs! :) keep going at that old dirty oil until it surrenders

Edited by charlesnarles
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2015 at 8:31 PM, bigcheesewilly said:

Seriously, the folding stock is pointless....There is no reference to it in any of the movies.

So why bother...??

Adding a folding stock to the DD kit is like adding a hat to the mona lisa.......... :laugh1:

-----------

You are an idiot... move along.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Sorry Harold, missed this thread. There are different ways to mount the real folding stock to the receiver tube, depending on your receiver's material (resin or metal).

At the end of chapter #13 we show how Tim and Ian did it. Maybe this helps...  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/#entry414352

• 2 weeks later...