Depression is...

Daetrin

Booking a baby sitter at $15/hour to watch your kids so you can work on armor, only to discover that somehow your repair kit is lost and you are out of snaps, snap pliers, CA glue, and that nice t-rack you bought from Smitty.

And the nearest Jo-Ann's is 20 minutes away. And it's snowing. So that's one hour gone just getting stuff :(

Holy S#%t 15 an hour.. Do you have your own soccer team.

Cost of living in my area my man. None of the girls at the daycare pimp themselves out for less than $13 an hour for two kids, esp. when one's only a year old.

Heck - the ladies working the cash register at the super market make $13/hour. You'd blow a gasket if you know how much daycare here is.

$15.00/hour here too. Of course, my kids can be such a handful, that I feel I'm getting a bargain at that rate.

Here's another definition of "depression is..." Depression is trying to bid on Smitty's CS1 blaster on ebay last night. As the clock ticks down, my login keeps failing. Again and again I keep trying my password. Just as time runs out, I figure it out: I had a typo in my user ID!

I made up some new swears last night. Strung them together with some of the old reliable ones. I was making compound complex sentences of pure profanity. Whole paragraphs of swears....

Grrrrrrr.....

Sorry to hear that Paul. I would've swung by if I could - weekend errands be damned.

As you know however another facet of depression is having ongoing health issues which prevent you from trooping or working on stuff.

Well, could be worse I guess. At least I got some mods done to the TD gear. Also found out I'm missing my raw umber paint, and the I think I got the wrong snap pliers. :-p Nothing I can't fix by next troop at least.

Paul, I hear ya man. I never thought to get a babysitter.... I've always pulled the late night armor builds. Nothing like staying up until you glue your hands to the work bench. Once free, you can go to bed. :)

It's funny that I just had this same conversation with my wife today (me being tired and grumpy for staying up too late... ). I may have to think about the babysitter option vs staying up all hours of the night.

NOTE TO WIFE: If you read this little one... sorry....

When I was just a dev in my previous employers' it was easier to hide behind my desk and just choose a monkey task for that day if I stayed up the night before. But being a PM now I'm like a mini communications center and I just can't get away with being dogged. :(

Hence the babysitter...

I feel the pain. $1000 a month for private pre-school for the 4 year old and we get to repeat in 2 years for the 2 year old. Public school is looking mighty good right now.

What I couldn't do costuming for $1000 a month :D

Yup, and I have two kids aged 1 and 3. Care to guess what I pay? Yeah, like I said you'd freak...I freak about it at times too. The wife and I play a game of what our lives would be like with no kids...all that disposable income...

Yup, and I have two kids aged 1 and 3. Care to guess what I pay? Yeah, like I said you'd freak...I freak about it at times too. The wife and I play a game of what our lives would be like with no kids...all that disposable income...

As I shriek aloud and run into the corner whimpering

Wow.... wait til you guys have kids in college... $$

btw, a good babysitter will run you around 20 bucks an hour in the Minneapolis area...

also, wrt prepping for a session of working on armor, i have the same problem when it is time to work on my motorcycles, especially when my kids have borrowed my tools and forgotten to return them to the right place... or that certain bolt you need to replace is impossible to find... :angry:

:P Hmmmm, well (for me) "Depression Is", Not getting work done on my TK rig because I still have to wait for my RT bucket!....Also still layed up a bit from my hospital stay so still not working on my EP3 Clone rig.....about now a "babysitter" sounds a bit on the tasty side! :lol:

See, this is why im glad that I AM the expensive college kid, and not the parent. ^.^ You should send your kids to local garrison members for the day so they can hang out with "Daddys stormtrooper friends" while you work on your amor. And i dont know whats up with the babysitters up by you guys, but down here in NM they run between $9-12 an hour, just watch your fridge.