May The 4th at Hollywood Studios

TKs of the Florida Garrison (and one TK from Georgia) made a surprise appearance yesterday marching in 2 squads throughout the park all day at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Taking 4 different routes, we marched with an officer (Disney's) through the crowds stopping occasionally to pose for photos. It was a long 8 hour shift for each squad of 8 (with some overlap) but extremely fun and Disney and their crew took great care of us!

The guests had no idea we were coming and all the while, our officer was barking out Imperial decrees and ordering hecklers to be shot. It seemed like everyone who wanted or posed with us for pictures had some sort of Star Wars gear on even though HS wasn't doing anything special (other than us) that day at the park. So many fans celebrating "on their own" made me constantly smile. It was well worth the 4 rather large blisters on my feet from a full day of marching...in unison no less!

post-16939-0-24234000-1430844739_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Don't know that I could sum it up any better or add anything to that Ken except maybe to reiterate how well taken care of we were and just how much fun it was. The staff at Disney loved us and really treated us like stars- but it was the fans at the end of the day that really brought their passion and love for Star Wars.

• Like 2

Best... troop... EVER!  And I also have the blisters to prove it!  Gotta agree that "The Mouse" took great care of us, and "Ninja photographer" Randy captured it all in some awesome pics.  Fantastic job by all those involved!!!

I have to say it was a blast! Coming down from GA Garrison to troop with the Florida crew was nothing short of amazing. Disney treated us like rock stars and the fans were all wide eyes and smiles. I had a wonderful day and met some really great troopers. Shout out to Randy for all his hard work and looking forward to trooping in Sunny FL for SWW.

Best... troop... EVER!  And I also have the blisters to prove it!  Gotta agree that "The Mouse" took great care of us, and "Ninja photographer" Randy captured it all in some awesome pics.  Fantastic job by all those involved!!!

I was there as well just as a guest. I did take a selfie with a trooper. No idea who