Thermal detonator theft ?

Ness

So, I don't have my armor yet but I have this weird fear that someone might try to steal my thermal detonator while trooping.

Did it ever happened to you ?

How would you prevent it ?

Do you leave it at home if you're going to troop in a crowded area ?

(I apologise if this isn't in the right section of the forum)

I wondered about that not so much theft but people(kids) playing with you trying to pull it off.

My thought was that when I have my armour and know where it should fit on my belt add some Velcro to the detonator supports so you can secure it in place before belting up.

Don't know if that would work ?

• Like 1

Not sure if that'll work, as the aluminum brackets slip onto the belt and then cover the belt joint. With additional velcro here, it will be hard getting it in place...

Edited by T-Jay

This is where good crew/spotters/support people come into play.Open faced troopers too. They will be your eyes and ears and should be able to stop anyone messing about back there.

I myself also wear my belt pretty tight,so should anyone tug or mess about with the TD I will feel it. You just have to try and remain vigilant if your crew are otherwise incapacitated. Periodically check for it yourself, stand with your back against a wall,..little things like that.

• Like 1

my wife was messing with mine all night saturday as it was very loose on my troop. I could feel when anyone was messing with it. Id periodically reach back there to make sure it was in place. I also have velcro on it to my belt. Have to re do my straps though

Pretty much at least one trooper in every troop I've done had had issues with the public attempting to take the TD. Usually happens more when theres adults drinking or kids that their parents just let them do whatever they want and laugh.

To echo what's already been said:

If it is secured well you'll know if it gets messed with.  
I have been groped far more on armor that is not my TD, than on my TD (by celebrities, even).
The biggest dangers are indeed inebriated adults, and unsupervised children, and you will know exactly which ones those are before they begin to mess with your TD or armor.

I've not experienced anyone trying to take mine yet, but people have (gently) grabbed it, and asked me what it was.  Last night, while sitting down in the stadium seat at an NBA basketball game, it occurred to me only after the TK sitting next to me was handed his TD by the people sitting behind us, that mine could have been knocked off of my belt while I was sitting down.

Thankfully, the people behind us returned his TD, rather than believing they had acquired a very cool souvenir.

Edited by Dark CMF

Thank you all for your stories and advices !

I put velcro on the clip tabs so that they basically get sandwiched in between the canvas belt ends. Gotta remove the belt to get the TD off.

Great idea !

I've felt way more hands go for my butt than my TD. ;)

Oh my ! :lol:

I wear my belt tight and curved the end of my clips to be sure that if someone plays with it, I will feel it.

I never had a kid playing with my TD, only adults.

And when my friends sees me trooping, they don't go for the TD, they usually "flick" my......

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

On my first troop I was asked not once, but twice if I could receive a punch to the cod plate. I was like wth!. No!, can I pistol whip you with my blaster!?!?!

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! 

I put velcro on the clip tabs so that they basically get sandwiched in between the canvas belt ends. Gotta remove the belt to get the TD off.

That was what I ment so the tabs are sandwiched between the two belt Velcro fastenings :)

• Like 1

On my first troop I was asked not once, but twice if I could receive a punch to the cod plate. I was like wth!. No!, can I pistol whip you with my blaster!?!?!

At least me, they were friends lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk