another rare ANH trooper pic

photo courtesy of Jeremy (gonk27) over at the Prop Den, this awesome pic shows what appears to be an ANH trooper (sandy, maybe) mobbed by kids outside. Check out the hand plate.

trooper.jpg

It is a true TK, not a TD. You can barely see the ab buttons, as well as the trap lines on the helmet.

Cool pic. Thanks for sharing.

some thought that the absence of shoulder straps pointed to a TD, but I definitely see the trap lines. Could be pieced together for an appearance...?

and the rubber gloves...ooooh sweaty hands!!!

That is THE best pic I have seen in a long time. That is what its all about!!!!

Yes, AWESOME pic. Thank you very much for sharing! :D

It looks like he's got some marks (smudges) on his shoulder, chest and under his frown. I wonder if we can place him on screen. Does anyone know if this guy really was on location as the caption states?

Also, I can't quite tell how his tear is painted. :huh:

a little more info from the source:

- Sorry, I completely forgot to say where the photo came from! it's from my monthly BECTU union magazine called; 'Stage Screen and Radio', this pic's in the Feb 08 issue. It's printed highlighting a brief plea amongst members for any archival photos or film they may have connected to Elstree studios for a potential BBC documentary..

Jeremy

Those kids are probably in their 40s by now.... (gulp)

so that pretty much sum most of our memebers :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Great behind the scenes pic, thanks for showing us..I have a couple of unseen pictures from the making of the special edition of Star Wars (my friend works for ILM and was in the remastered version). He sent me 2 photos, one of him standing with a Jawa and 2 troopers, and another of the film crew filming with a blue screen to add the extra folk into the remastered Mos Eisley scenes.