Newcastle, Australia Anti Bullying Support

Snowball

Date/ Time: December 12th 2014, 1800 hours.

The 501st Legion was recently contacted by a local woman whose 12 year old daughter had been on the receiving end of bullying and exclusion all year, to the point that she didn't go on her school camping trip and did not want to attend her year 6 farewell party. Four troopers (amongst many other that were unfortunately kept from it by work commitments) from the local South Cross Garrison immediately volunteered to do everything they could to make the night special for her.

Kate is an lovely, amazing 12 year old young woman. A head taller then her classmates, a talented dancer, mature and a beautiful girl inside and out.

We arrived and were able to dress privately in an adjacent church hall. Once we were dressed we proceeded across the road, flanking her to the sounds of stunned and shocked classmates, parents and staff.

Her beautiful smile was infectious and her mother was overjoyed to see her so happy. Her father who had traveled from Sydney (100 miles away) to be there, beamed with pride.

Just over an hour later we left her to enjoy the night with her family, her mother overcome with emotion and hugging us all repeatedly.

This was a great troop, one of those troops that reinforces how lucky we are to be able to make a positive impact on other's lives.

The 501st/FISD troopers involved were:

TK 7543 Simon Melmeth
TK 19721 Philip Vincent
TK 36315 Glen Fredericks
TK 83110 Bradley Brown

10854216_10153021604346454_5914230702057970330_o_zpsc9f28cf9.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 4

Well done, Troopers!

That's what we are here for!

Before I read the text, I could have sworn, that your princess is a grown up woman.

Still can't belive that, as my my daughters are the exact same age ...

Very proud of you guys.

You helped that 12 year old absolutely kick but, I bet she has gone from being bullied, straight to miss popularity and now she has the might of the SCG and the Empire on her side.

Well done all, you guys rock.

You guys are so awesome, in fact, that someone I know who hates star wars heard about this troop and texted me about it!!!

"hates Star Wars"? I see the words but I don't follow.

-Eric

Don't ask. His text was along the lines of "I don't see your local people making the news"... Which in a positive spin shows that what SCrossG did for the young lady is internationally famous, and that all over the world people are getting the message that bullying is not okay and Star Wars rocks and bad guys can do good. Yay!!

• Like 2