E-11 painting

kiyotei

So can I add silver paint to certain parts of my E-11 blaster or must it be all black for ANH? I've seen some pics where certain parts are painted silver such as the bullet ejection door on the right side of the blaster.

all the photos of the E-11 blasters such as the hyperfirm model are all black. I was looking on the Elite page application pics. I was thinking of painting some of the fine details silver which would include screws, the bullet ejection port cover (no idea what you really call it).

I painted the cartridge ejection port plate silver on my hyperfirm. I have a couple of pics of my E-11 in my helmet thread.

Edited by Sly11
Link no longer active

For now, and in the foreseeable future the elite standards will not specify a particular paint job on a blaster. Even in the movies there were differences in the actual sterlings, the stunt blasters, and the promo blasters. When we have hundreds of elite troopers, we'll start to get that picky :D .

yep that is what I'm talking about. Did you paint any other parts of the blaster? Does anyone know if this will affect Elite status in a negative way?

I don't think so. I think as long as it's realistic looking, you should be fine.

• 2 months later...

Im almost finished making my new E11 ANH blaster and thought i would share some painting tips i used.First off i prayed the who thing with a satin black,and it just looked wrong.

So i got hold of some hammerite gloss black spray (its the smooth version for metal and a very high gloss).

When dry i rubbed the blaster all over with some wire wool to take the gloss off.Now this way it puts scratches and leaves some of the gloss in the hard to get to parts.

The E11 really looks like metal it has gloss areas along with half shine areas along with matt.

I will put some pics up as soon as the light is right.

I obtained a nice result with a combination very close to yours!

- grey metal primer (2 coats)

- acrylic matte black (2 coats)

- light weathering with silver sprayed on an old cloth

- acrylic transparent matte (2 coats)

- some more weathering to bring back out the highlights

- superfine steel wool to wear out some zones

Here's a detail:

gallery_1353_101_103148.jpg

Peter

Brilliant paint job (and build), looks like its been through some hard troops of duty.

Also loved the way you cheated with the vent holes on the build :D

Pure genius mate, love it B)

That's an awesome paint job Peter. Great job.

And theres a nice leather holster on its way to put it in <_<

Thanks guys ,the wire wool did most of the work knocking off the gloss i used acrylic model paint to weather it .paint chips here and there but most important the burnt umber.this softens the chips and gives an oiled aged look.

the great thing about acrylic is you can water it down which makes it blend with the other colours you use.