• D-Ring/ScopeIMG_5971_zps5eb90f57.jpg

ACCESSORY DETAILS

• Neck Sealbee205f7-06d3-4c76-b779-86c201329653_zps
  • Thermal Detonator- BackIMG_5928_zpsd0fd91c1.jpg
  • Holster Attachment
  • d4f22dae-262b-47a3-8fb8-f8f218774dc9_zps

0938682d-2a67-4688-b650-607cd0ccc3cd_zps

Thank you for your consideration.

The only thing I can see that stands out to me is the straps on the holster. They seem red, not that this will stop the EIB, they just seem to stand out a lot. The coloration on the backside of the straps that you show in the second to last picture is a better share.... but thats the back of the strap. :D

Good luck!

Looks like a solid build!  The only thing that sticks out to me, and this isn't really a question of passing EIB, is that the blaster's scope is very bronze--I would make it more black as a whole, with bronze highlights.

Looks great Diana! As stated above I would extend the gray on the last two frown positions so they are more "triangular". Also your cod looks a bit large and I think could use some trimming to look more proportionate to your size. Also the cod rivet looks a little big, and your left drop box is hanging a bit lower than the right. There should be minimal gap. Your shins also look loose especially when viewed from the back. It is also noticeable from the sides. They seem to "overhang" a bit. Black shoulder bell straps are also either missing or hard to see because of your under armor. Nothing that will affect EIB but moving forward for Centurion these might be areas to look at. Steve has the final say obviously so don't make any changes unless he instructs you to do so. Overall a nice looking build! :D Good luck!

Looks like a solid build!  The only thing that sticks out to me, and this isn't really a question of passing EIB, is that the blaster's scope is very bronze--I would make it more black as a whole, with bronze highlights.

That's Hyperfirm for you. They tend to overdo the weathering a bit. Especially on the grip which isn't really supposed to have any weathering. 

The only thing I can see that stands out to me is the straps on the holster. They seem red, not that this will stop the EIB, they just seem to stand out a lot. The coloration on the backside of the straps that you show in the second to last picture is a better share.... but thats the back of the strap. :D

Good luck!

Hi Derrek- Thanks for pointing out this detail.  I re-took that one shot outdoors in natural sunlight.  The RS holster is actually a tawny brown, which means it is reddish, but not that red.

holsterpic_zpsf9632b44.jpg

Ahhh, yeah, thats more like it. IF you look at the straps in the first photos, they are absolutely red :D IT's amazing what lighting can do to things.

Looks great Diana! As stated above I would extend the gray on the last two frown positions so they are more "triangular". Also your cod looks a bit large and I think could use some trimming to look more proportionate to your size. Also the cod rivet looks a little big, and your left drop box is hanging a bit lower than the right. There should be minimal gap. Your shins also look loose especially when viewed from the back. It is also noticeable from the sides. They seem to "overhang" a bit. Black shoulder bell straps are also either missing or hard to see because of your under armor. Nothing that will affect EIB but moving forward for Centurion these might be areas to look at. Steve has the final say obviously so don't make any changes unless he instructs you to do so. Overall a nice looking build! :D Good luck!

You are absolutely correct.  Those bell straps are indeed there, but blend in with the pic.  Here's another picture, taken outdoors where you can see the straps.  I've been working on bulking up my arms to try to keep those armpieces from sliding so much much.  I made bicep hooks, but have yet to use them because I don't want to drag my shoulders down.  Maybe I'll try them, though.  Might be preferable to sliding arms.

568bacba-6048-4b1c-878d-ecad6b9a495f_zps

And, all jokes aside about my impressive cod, I've only hesitated to trim it for back because I didn't want to trim it and have it end up looking like a "bikini cut."  There is so much detail around the cod piece.  Didn't want to trim back and end up looking like a femme trooper.  Definitely not the type of stormie I've always aspired to be.

Edited by AsBlondeAsLuke

That's Hyperfirm for you. They tend to overdo the weathering a bit. Especially on the grip which isn't really supposed to have any weathering. 

Yeah, it always sticks out to me.

Hey Diana: I think we ALL have been part of your build contributing our thoughts at one time or another. So finally here you are applying for EIB! Let's look at your armor!!

CRL Requirements:

All submission pictures (and then some) have been posted. Your armor meets all the requirements for EIB. Thank you for posting the pics of your bicep straps under your shoulder bells. They didn;t show up too well in this thread or your build thread.

With that, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to EIB!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

I think the story has already been told but for those who are reading this and haven't seen the build thread, Diana and her husband took a standard set of RS Props armor and trimmed it down significantly to fit to Diana's much smaller frame. This meant trimming and reducing every aspect of the armor. Including re-building return edges in places. A heck of an undertaking and should be commended. APPLAUSE!!! 

there are some things to look into. 

I know how much of your grieves (shins) you needed to remove. I know you were going for the tapered look you showed in your screen grab. RS shins aren't designed, unfortunately, with that taper out of the box. With the amount you cut off the bottom makes that a greater challenge. The end result looks very wide around your ankles. With the boots on, I would squeeze the shins around your ankle. If there is comfortable, significant overlap, I'd trim those down to "slim up" the look of the shins.

The other detail I wanted to see you fix are some painting details on your helmet specifically the frown. You did a great job on the painting which is ALWAYS a challenge. A little shaky on the outlines but good overall. In the face close-up, I am seeing gray paint in between the teeth. Although you never ventured onto the "lip" area, the paint needs to be limited to the individual teeth an not onto the spaces in between. The ends of your frown stop very squarely (if that's a word). You seemed to stop at the indent of the 5th tooth when in fact the paint should skip over or go through that dent and continue on to end at a point.gallery_12157_36_21761.jpg

BTW...I know your holster straps weren't red ;)

Centurion Suggestions:

With the extent of your research and detail, I can only assume to see a future Centurion application on here. Having visited your original build thread a few dozen times I am totally aware of the amount of work that went into bringing your armor down to your size. However, Centurion is about the details. There are some changes that are needed before an application can be submitted.

The cover strips on your thigh fronts need to be trimmed back to end before the lower ridge and not extend over it.

You cod rivet is huge. (here we go talking about your cod again) This should be the same 8MM split rivet as the left side rivets. Changing this out will give you a chance to shorten your strap that connects the cod and butt. This may tighten things up pulling the parts closer together. 

The next thing I want to bring up is something that gave me gray hairs knowing how much work went into your armor. Again, Centurion is about the details. Your hardware placements on your sides needs to be discussed.

The male snap location needs to be in the upper corner of the right side of the ab.gallery_12157_11_5412461_zps47174b23.jpg Now about your left side rivets. My concern begins with this shot which I added side rivets to.2cd94553-3cce-4091-85f2-742043994c8c_zps I realize that you trimmed a bunch off the top of your ab AND kidney but you have them lined up here perfectly and the rivet placements should be in this position as seen on the original suits:gallery_12157_16_598.jpgAside from the notch that was not added at the bottom of your kidney(no big deal), you guys NAILED the proportion. The rivets on your kidney ended up very misaligned with the ones on the ab. I altered this shot of your side to show where the rivets should be.leftsidearmsraised2_zps9cb0604b1_zpsdf5a

I know the level of ingenuity both you and your husband have and these minor repairs should be little challenge for you.  Congratulations to both of you on a huge accomplishment and welcome again to EIB!

Hey Diana: I think we ALL have been part of your build contributing our thoughts at one time or another. So finally here you are applying for EIB! Let's look at your armor!!

CRL Requirements:

All submission pictures (and then some) have been posted. Your armor meets all the requirements for EIB. Thank you for posting the pics of your bicep straps under your shoulder bells. They didn;t show up too well in this thread or your build thread.

With that, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to EIB!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

I think the story has already been told but for those who are reading this and haven't seen the build thread, Diana and her husband took a standard set of RS Props armor and trimmed it down significantly to fit to Diana's much smaller frame. This meant trimming and reducing every aspect of the armor. Including re-building return edges in places. A heck of an undertaking and should be commended. APPLAUSE!!! 

there are some things to look into. 

I know how much of your grieves (shins) you needed to remove. I know you were going for the tapered look you showed in your screen grab. RS shins aren't designed, unfortunately, with that taper out of the box. With the amount you cut off the bottom makes that a greater challenge. The end result looks very wide around your ankles. With the boots on, I would squeeze the shins around your ankle. If there is comfortable, significant overlap, I'd trim those down to "slim up" the look of the shins.

The other detail I wanted to see you fix are some painting details on your helmet specifically the frown. You did a great job on the painting which is ALWAYS a challenge. A little shaky on the outlines but good overall. In the face close-up, I am seeing gray paint in between the teeth. Although you never ventured onto the "lip" area, the paint needs to be limited to the individual teeth an not onto the spaces in between. The ends of your frown stop very squarely (if that's a word). You seemed to stop at the indent of the 5th tooth when in fact the paint should skip over or go through that dent and continue on to end at a point.gallery_12157_36_21761.jpg

BTW...I know your holster straps weren't red ;)

Centurion Suggestions:

With the extent of your research and detail, I can only assume to see a future Centurion application on here. Having visited your original build thread a few dozen times I am totally aware of the amount of work that went into bringing your armor down to your size. However, Centurion is about the details. There are some changes that are needed before an application can be submitted.

The cover strips on your thigh fronts need to be trimmed back to end before the lower ridge and not extend over it.

You cod rivet is huge. (here we go talking about your cod again) This should be the same 8MM split rivet as the left side rivets. Changing this out will give you a chance to shorten your strap that connects the cod and butt. This may tighten things up pulling the parts closer together. 

The next thing I want to bring up is something that gave me gray hairs knowing how much work went into your armor. Again, Centurion is about the details. Your hardware placements on your sides needs to be discussed.

The male snap location needs to be in the upper corner of the right side of the ab.gallery_12157_11_5412461_zps47174b23.jpg Now about your left side rivets. My concern begins with this shot which I added side rivets to.2cd94553-3cce-4091-85f2-742043994c8c_zps I realize that you trimmed a bunch off the top of your ab AND kidney but you have them lined up here perfectly and the rivet placements should be in this position as seen on the original suits:gallery_12157_16_598.jpgAside from the notch that was not added at the bottom of your kidney(no big deal), you guys NAILED the proportion. The rivets on your kidney ended up very misaligned with the ones on the ab. I altered this shot of your side to show where the rivets should be.leftsidearmsraised2_zps9cb0604b1_zpsdf5a

I know the level of ingenuity both you and your husband have and these minor repairs should be little challenge for you.  Congratulations to both of you on a huge accomplishment and welcome again to EIB!

Steve-

Thank you!

You have put so much time into both reviewing this EIB application and also been a constant supporter of my build thread.  Not sure I would have ever been able to complete this project without the constant support of dedicated FISD members such as yourself.  I'm very excited to have met the requirements for EIB and to have the opportunity to further improve my armor as I work toward Centurion.

I have already reviewed your comprehensive, well-thought out list with my engineer and we have created a plan of attack.  

"I guess this gives us a project for the summer," my engineer said.  But, I could see the gears were already turning and he had a plan for fixing all the details.  Germain is right, though.  The painting is my job. :)  I am almost finished with my second helmet, my RS helmet, so I'm hoping to have that one done in time for Centurion.   I will ensure the frown lines are perfect, as per your helpful suggestions above, as well as the outlines.  

rshelmet_zpsf2b604f8.jpg

We've been working on shortening the trim below the ammo pack. Not an easy task with my engineer's love of Zap-A-Gap.  Here is how it looked originally:

24e0150d-3e92-4cfb-800b-5bc9d63abdee_zps

Here is how it looks now, shortened and with a rounded end.  In a couple of places in the screen reference library, I saw thigh pieces with a longer trim line, like the piece on the right in this picture:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/image/2053-a-new-hope-knee-pack-placement-lfl-caleb-04/   We did try to make it shorter, but were battling a grievous amount of Zap-A-Gap which threatened to crack the whole piece.  (We did get a small crack already, so but that's OK, because I discovered that I'm very good at making ABS paste.  It's wonderful stuff.)  We are willing to willing to try it again, of course, if need be.  We are nothing, if not persistent.   The engineer is thinking with enough time he could grind it back with the Dremel?  Other thoughts?  (Hah. My thought: Don't use Zap-A-Gap.)

And, we you say "fronts," I'm assuming this means it has to be done on both sides?

trimmedpiece_zpsb5bdefd4.jpg

Will definitely get to work on everything on the list. Thank you again for all of your time, guidance and suggestions.  Excited about getting to now take my armor to the next level. :)

gallery_12157_15_41437.jpggallery_12157_15_51563.jpgHey Diana!! Impressed to see you attacking this so quickly. Here are two archive pics that should explain it with no questions.As you can see, the cover strips in no way should cover the raised area at the lower thighs.