Boot scuffing

Thanks I hate to scuff my brand new white boots but it's a requirement for centurion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it's not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No it's not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oh wow that's great!! I was certain I read the boot scuffing guess I read wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really happy the boot scuff requirement was removed and I'm glad I came across this thread because I thought it was still a Centurion requirement.

I think there are still Centurion "picture" references which show boot scuffing as required - I look at these references while building...

From now on, I think I'll just be using the 'official' checklist.

It was removed because it makes no sense to require scuffed boots to spotless armours. Just as it makes no sense to to wear spotless boots to a scuffed armour. So while it's no official requirement, common sense dictates that your boots should match the condition of your armour.

I think all stormtroopers should look a little beaten up. Like you have seen combat. But that's just me.

I'm with you on this!

some troopers even have stuff spilled on the armor in the film... looks tan... like some kind of coolant!

ROTJ boots hardly looks used (scuffed) at all. Most of them look mint-in-box. lol. 

ESB boots got a nice fresh paint job, since there were so few TKs even used.

ANH boots deviated from pristine clean-to almost completely trashed. 

i prefer the clean look for all my builds (except my sandtrroper, of course. lol), but for my old, beat-up ANH HIPS suit, I lightly weathered the boots with a black crayon.  

My first troop, I got dinged up all over the place.  Hyperfirm rubber or something else left a mark on my chest, got some lady's makeup on my shoulder, leaned on a dirty wall and got a mark on the O|| piece...

It happens on its own, naturally.  I peeled pieces of my boot paint off, but obviously that can't be done with the TK Boots.

I prefer the shiny armor and clean boots, as if it were military issued on the Death Star, and you gotta polish it all every night.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

It's been removed from ANH CRL, but it's still a requirement for ESB and ROTJ, or those weren't updated? Sorry for my n00bness.

It should be. If you apply for centurion, feel free to ignore that bullet.

The thing is we have so many CRL's to edit that sometimes we forget one or two. And then again, 95% of all stormtroopers tend to do the ANH stunt, so it is by far more important to make sure that one is correct.

It should be. If you apply for centurion, feel free to ignore that bullet.

The thing is we have so many CRL's to edit that sometimes we forget one or two. And then again, 95% of all stormtroopers tend to do the ANH stunt, so it is by far more important to make sure that one is correct.

Ok, thanks! That's the other thing, I was recently added to a waiting list for armor and went with ESB since I loved that movie as a kid the most but realize almost everyone does ANH. Not sure how I feel about that lol.

It's also important to mention that FISD does not own the CRL's. While we influence them, we don't control or directly edit them.

Cool, good to know. I'll leave out the scuffin then. I was more referring to being an ESB TK, apparently I'll be in a minority. :)

• 1 month later...

The trick to get boot scuffing just right is..

1. Take a pair of good quality English Chelsea boots.

2. Paint white.

3. Wear a lot.

4. Nicely scuffed..

1f3b2c36.thumb.jpg.8b52c34755b367246b03e4f716249147.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

With all that being said about there no longer being a scuffing requirement, would scuffed boots be denied 501st membership? I came into the ownership of a pair of accurate boots which had been scuffed in order for the previous owner to achieve centurion. If I were to use these boots, would they be accepted or would I have to remove the scuffs?