Possible LFL licensed TK armor

i saw this at the RPF and thought i would share

link to rpf topic:

http://therpf.com/showthread.php?t=39385

the blog that is in there incase you dont want to go to the rpf:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Took a look at the suit. Not really impressed with it especially with the price tag listed on that site. Thanks for sharing the information though.

Well it would really only work if you're doing an ROTJ, for one, which so far has been an unpopular configuration.

I guess we'll have to wait and see some in person, though the helmet looks sub par.

what i am worried about if this is real..... will LFL crack down on the dealers like AP, GINO, or TE2??

The Rubies Supreme hasn't hurt the Vader vendors at all, I doubt this will be any different especiall considering the price tag.

Plus if it comes assembled that takes away half of the fun of bcoming a stormtrooper!

That was exactly my thought...honestly, is it not a rite of passage to basically construct your armor? Sure some started out trimmed while others worked from scratch but I think we all agree that we have put many hours into this hobby called costuming. If the Legion ever allowed this sort of trooper to join the ranks I seriously think they would be seen as a second class trooper, call me a snob but I don't think "trooper-in-a-box" is in the best interest of the Legion.

Here, Here! :salute:

This is what happens when you cheap out and dont hire the correct people to do the initial assisting with getting it right. I was asked by this company to do the prototypes and I initially agreed to do them.. BUT when it came time to sign the contracts they changed the deal so the price for the prototypes had to include the molds as well upon delivery. A 'thanks but no thanks' is all that I said and I quietly walked away.

Yes this is the tour suit.. so sad....

Oh well.. Its a nice try... people will buy it..

T*E

Plus if it comes assembled that takes away half of the fun of bcoming a stormtrooper!

actully assembled or not, you still have to fit it to yourself, which would be close to assembling it anyways...and yeah I don't like this armor at all :rolleyes:

i realy hope this is not real. is it jst me or does this make anyone else feel like all their hard work went to waste. i take pride in he work ive done so far now anybody with 850 is going to get armor. it almost looks like rubber to me too. i guess i can take comfort in the fact that this armor doesnt look that good. hopefully their will be some mods needed for entry. i definitaly dont think it is worth 850 thats fur sure but after all the moding and stuf troopers do it can be double that price (and will look three times better too). but you never know maybey it wont realy mater. i was mad when the vader came out but ill just have to wait and see if this is blessing or curse.

This is really nothing new. For a while anyone with $$ could just buy a fully completed SDS. Also, it's not much help to anyone wanting to do anything other than an ROTJ.

TK5624 said:

------------

hmmmmmmm lame

I doubt the rubies suit will look as good as pictured! IF by some small shot it look as good as pictured the helmet would need replacing, also the handguards.... I'd like to see side shots of the suit as well as the back.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I doubt the rubies suit will look as good as pictured! IF by some small shot it look as good as pictured the helmet would need replacing, also the handguards.... I'd like to see side shots of the suit as well as the back.

Buttons would need painting as well

IMHO eveything would need to replace, the only thing i think would be usable would be the lower arms, and maybe the back and kidney plates... everything else would need to be scraped...... unless your going for ROTJ, which you will get a premolded upside down ab buttons. I think one of the worse things is that the trim around the armor and the seams are part of the mold :(