MTK Stormtrooper Sandtrooper Armor Star Wars Costume Prop

Haribon72

• 5 weeks later...

So, does anyone know which modifications have been made to these molds to make them fit better? I know the right forearm on ATA is gigantic and the left greave at the bottom is as small as the right wrist should be. What are the differeces between this and other ROTJ drived suits?

I completed my set of MTK armor and since it was my first set really don't have a personal point of reference to compare with other makers.

Ā 

Everything I learned is base loosely on other builds. Keep this in mind...every make of armor HAS to be fitted. So whether its from MTK or any other, you still need to trim, sand, and shape to fit your body.

Ā 

I had to do some heat shaping on my kit because I read the recommendations about so many others finished MTK sets.

Ā 

Better to show than to keep yacking right? Here's my build www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26919-my-first-esb-tk-build-mtk/

So, does anyone know which modifications have been made to these molds to make them fit better? I know the right forearm on ATA is gigantic and the left greave at the bottom is as small as the right wrist should be. What are the differeces between this and other ROTJ drived suits?

The two areas that I believe needs attention on the MTK are the left bicep and the right forearm. I wish the helmet opening had a bit more material on the left side so be very conservative when trimming there if you can.

Ā 

The back of the thighs don't have the ridge and material has been extended so to allow more leeway when fitting. Also the sides of the AB plate has been extended so no shimming will be needed for most builders up to 36" waist or so.

Ā 

Just keep reading other builds and ask for their body specs to compare. I posted all my measurements on my build thread in the post above.

• 4 months later...

The resculpting of the biceps and the right forearm are LONG overdue. The left bicep is a mess and the right one has the thumbprint when it should not.Ā 

Adam mentioned a few changes. He also re did the waist belt rivet covers to be accurate, he now has the kidney notches, Ā and the extra material allows a trooper of almost a 40 inch waist to fit. Standard ATA shares most of these molds and can fit a 38 inch waist out of the box. It may be a bit snug but it can be done.

Extra bicep thumbprints are fairly easily negated with some patience, and a heat sealing iron. ;)

Ā 

All you've got to do is - with just enough heat to soften the plastic - apply pressure with the sealing iron until the thumbprint evens out, and make a few passes a day or so apart. The ABS has a bit of a memory, and will revert back ever so slightly after each pass.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello...anyone had feeback with Trooperbay -Ā MTK Stormtrooper Sandtrooper Armor Star Wars Costume Prop?

Ā 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTK-Stormtrooper-Sandtrooper-Armor-Star-Wars-Costume-Prop-Legion-A-New-Hope-NEW-/231073684967?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35cd109de7

I've been ordering supplies from them on ebay and doesn't respond to emails or combine shipping on multiple items...

Since you mentioned it...Ā  Blocking sellers (me) from bidding on your ebay auctions because they return an item is bad business. Charging 12.00 for shipping some glue and straps in the same package is ridiculous. Last purchase I make from trooperbay.com.

Edited by cjdesign

Yes I know... I bought some paint this morning from your site... because I was blocked from on bidding Ebay.

quote "Unfortunately, this item can't be purchased because the seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you right now."

I made ONE return to you so, if Ebay blocks a user after a single return automatically, then I would inquire about that. Shipping is more reasonable on Ebay IMO. Just for the record you have never answered any of my ebay messages...

Edited by cjdesign

So sorry. I get about 150 emails a day and I run a full time sign shop (my real job) besides trooperbay. :) I try to answer all emails at least once a week but strive for twice a week. If I missed yours then I apologize, for the record. :) I don't know why you choose to make this public or for the record, but I don't have a problem with it either. I believe you requested a return for two separate purchases? I did that and I believe you mentioned that your strapping was missing in one order so I did a return for that too. You also asked me if you could add some paint to another order that you made and eventually asked for a return on. You also emailed me the same day asking if you could get a credit for order multiple items. Lots of questions and lots of emails. :)

Ā 

For anyone reading this Ā - I do not combine orders on ebay. - Period. If you want everything shipped in one box (yes) If you want a discount and refund for shipping (no)

Ā 

The reason for this is really simple. If you select "add to cart" when you buy something, it will do it automatically. If you make several "buy it now" purchases, you will be forced to pay for each one individually. In that instance you cannot ask for the orders to be combined. Also, I do not invoice because I do not have time to mess with that. So all purchases are buy now, pay now. Lastly, I pay a final value fee for every purchase you make. If I refund you for shipping, they don't refund me for final value. Ebay charges final value fee's inclusive of shipping because they consider it income for me. So I start taking a loss if I refund every person who asks for a refund of excessive shipping. The whole thing becomes overly complicated. So no I do not combine orders and will not refund excess shipping. Next time try "add to cart". It should work :)Ā or save us both some money and purchase on trooperbay.com where shipping is only $7.99 (US) $10.99 (Can)$15.99 (Int) whether you buy 1 item or 100. OH and shipping is FREE if your purchase is $150.00 or more (US).

Edited by TK-4510