Brow slipping issue

8BitBry

Currently my brow on my AP helmet sits right at the top of the eyes. I can pull the cap back to get it slightly elevated where I would like it to sit but it falls down eventually.

Do you guys have any tricks or tips on how to make sure the brow stays put?

Edited by 8BitBry

Just depends what you have used on the sides to keep you lid together, I worked out the position of by brow then drilled two small holes under where the ears would cover then I used rivets to hold in place, some use bolts. I found just using the ear bolts was not enought to hold everything tight ;)

You haven't mentioned your helmet brand.

The answer can be different depending on manufacturer.

Some brands have different inner forehead heights.

The brow will sit depending on how you join the front and back

Cap Halts together, this is before you attach the ears.

The ear screws should not be used just to hold the front and backs halves together, but rather to

Just attach the ears to the helmet.

You haven't mentioned your helmet brand.

The answer can be different depending on manufacturer.

Some brands have different inner forehead heights.

The brow will sit depending on how you join the front and back

Cap Halts together, this is before you attach the ears.

The ear screws should not be used just to hold the front and backs halves together, but rather to

Just attach the ears to the helmet.

Sorry, it's AP - I have 1 screw that holds the cap in place on each side before the ears go in. Maybe that needs to be adjusted slightly?

Sorry, it's AP - I have 1 screw that holds the cap in place on each side before the ears go in. Maybe that needs to be adjusted slightly?

I would use two, that should help it from moving

Brilliant, Lou!

Bryan, I have the same helmet. If you follow the screw-holes that are molded in, you kind of get the low brow by default. I have the same issue. I ended up getting used to it though, didn't want to risk trying to drill new holes, etc. (That's just me)

But hey, it's a scowl... :P

Thanks all! I'm going with what Karin suggested and have the E6K curing now. I placed a small stack of rare earth magnets on the trim at the brow and inside of lid and squeezed a bunch of E6K inside where the cap and face meet up. It was the quickest fix and less invasive method I wanted to perform. I'll see how that works after a few fittings!

E6000 as Karin suggests is good. A little bluetack helps as well, I've found.